ADVERTISEMENT

This is all so disappointing

BiloxiPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2012
I keep thinking about where things SHOULD be right now one year removed from our Big 12 championship game appearance and subsequent Fiesta Bowl comeback win. Had a lot of momentum coming into last season… about as much as a program could have without winning a conference title.

Then fast forward to the 2022 season and whatever happened around the time of the KSU game. And the days, weeks and months since then. And a lackluster 2023 recruiting class. Talk about whiplash.

I believe it was @MegaPoke who once said that an engaged, motivated Mike Gundy is about as good as it gets for an OSU football HC. That would be the ideal scenario.

However, we just don’t have that anymore IMO. I wanted to believe that whatever internal culture issues we had leading up to ShirtGate were fixed after the summer of 2020. Maybe they were, at least for a little while. But now it looks for all the world like old bad habits and issues are bubbling up again, and I just don’t know how much more of this OSU football can handle. Or should have to handle.

I think Gundy was the right guy for the job for a long time; however, in today’s college football landscape, he looks more and more like a dinosaur.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News