ADVERTISEMENT

The Righteous Gemstones

Mama told me not to, I did it anyway Misbehavin’ Daddy said don’t but I said I’m gonna Misbehavin’ Pies on the windowsill, swimming in the creek Catching crawdads and playing with a stick I wore lipstick And I got caught shaving Just two little country kids outside Misbehavin’

Teacher said don’t but I said it anyway Misbehavin’ Preacher said no if you do your gonna pay Misbehavin’

Kicking and spitting and cussing out loud Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth Playin in the street Look at me outside waving Just two little country kids outside Misbehavin’

We thought we was just messing around til we met that man in the thorny crown He taught us that tricks and mischief leads to satan So from now on there’s no Misbehavin’

Mama won’t you look now I’ve been good now I’m behavin’

Daddy won’t you listen Don’t go missing I’m behavin’

Comb my hair and brush my teeth Make my bed and eat my greens Wash my hands to keep them clean from satan So no more tricks and no more Misbehavin’ No more tricks and no more Misbehavin’

Kicking and spitting and cussing out loud Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth Playin in the street Look at me outside waving Just two little country kids outside Misbehavin’

I don't know why but I can't hear that line without losing it.

Great episode tonight. Everybody and everything is coming apart at the seams.

I thought Aunt Tiffany was about to reunite Uncle Baby Billy with Aimee Leigh for a moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT