ADVERTISEMENT

The Meltdown Of Commercial Real Estate

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

This has been a huge concern of mine since interest rates an inflation have jumped the last three years. The math doesn't work with interests rates as high as they are.

There’s $929 billion of commercial real estate debt coming due in the next 9 1/2 months. That’s up 28 percent from last year, and it’s getting bigger every day as banks pretend that loans are still healthy by effectively adding missed payments.

This has been a huge concern of mine since interest rates an inflation have jumped the last three years. The math doesn't work with interests rates as high as they are.

There’s $929 billion of commercial real estate debt coming due in the next 9 1/2 months. That’s up 28 percent from last year, and it’s getting bigger every day as banks pretend that loans are still healthy by effectively adding missed payments.
Tell me about it! Just had an investment in a multifamily go belly up...🤬

• Sad
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Sorry to hear that. Over the years I had my fair share of belly up investments but it taught me to be more conservative. Thankful for those lesson now.
Read some guidance the other day that the Fed predicted that commercial RE and those types of investments were going to suffer during the two year run up of interest rates. They encouraged lending institutions to work with investors to mitigate some of the pain. The institution in our case wouldn't work with us. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT