tlwwake

Oct 29, 2008
Director: Matt Reeves
Batman: Robert Pattinson
Catwoman: Zoe Kravitz
Riddler: Paul Dano
Commissioner Gordon: Jefferey Wright
Penguin: Colin Farrell

How many times can you remake the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again?
Comics remake the story literally every few years. There are 100s of different Batman stories. Movies have barely scratched the surface of any comic arcs. That’s not even including cartoon stories.

How many times can you remake the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again?

He's been a character for more than 80 years. They can make movies about him forever if people keep paying. There have been something like nine Batman movies and we are on Bond movie number 25.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
My issue has forever been the ‘reboot/remake’.

Many of the superhero movies are re-telling the character origin story, and it’s just not that interesting to me.

Oddly enough, the Bond movies never really feel that way to me. Maybe I’m just not trying to pay any attention.

My issue has forever been the ‘reboot/remake’.

Many of the superhero movies are re-telling the character origin story, and it’s just not that interesting to me.

Oddly enough, the Bond movies never really feel that way to me. Maybe I’m just not trying to pay any attention.

I guess it is just taste. I like the Bond movies but they seem much more of just redoing the same thing every time to me than the Marvel movies. Neither is reinventing the wheel to be sure.

iu

I dunno. How many?
iu

iu

I dunno. How many?
iu

Bond movies are different agents over time - Daniel Craig is not playing Sean Connery’s 1963 spy character. And the adjacent films are totally different stories or sometimes build along multi-film plot lines....wherras DC is in rerun mode with the same characters getting the same introductions and variously but thinly veiled new interpretations about the same repeated source matter. How many times do we get to re-meet the Joker or Batman’s butler?

Bond movies are different agents over time - Daniel Craig is not playing Sean Connery’s 1963 spy character. And the adjacent films are totally different stories or sometimes build along multi-film plot lines....wherras DC is in rerun mode with the same characters getting the same introductions and variously but thinly veiled new interpretations about the same repeated source matter. How many times do we get to re-meet the Joker or Batman’s butler?

For the most part I agree. Here’s a counterpoint. MCU just repackaged SpiderMan for, at least, the third time, and introduced us to the best iteration yet.

Bottom line, fans keep buying tickets, so Marvel and DC will keep doing what they do.

Literally never if you don't want too.

Huh? Every Batman, and especially every Joker, is completely different. You can’t see the difference between Michael Keatons and Christian Bales and Ben Afflecks Batmans? I mean, yeah they all have similar backstories (I agree they need to stop showing these, we get it already), but all of the have very different traits. This one is supposed to be even more different, he’s never played the detective like he will. And he will be much more emotional other than just pissed.

Huh? Every Batman, and especially every Joker, is completely different. You can’t see the difference between Michael Keatons and Christian Bales and Ben Afflecks Batmans? I mean, yeah they all have similar backstories (I agree they need to stop showing these, we get it already), but all of the have very different traits. This one is supposed to be even more different, he’s never played the detective like he will. And he will be much more emotional other than just pissed.

That's my point....re-inventing the character with new portrayals every couple years is stale to me. It's not fresh material, it's a re-imaging of the same baseline story over and over again.

Reactions: SSS!!!
I honestly can’t imagine Patterson being anything but a terrible Batman. Which means it will prob end up being pretty good

Reactions: SSS!!!
That's my point....re-inventing the character with new portrayals every couple years is stale to me. It's not fresh material, it's a re-imaging of the same baseline story over and over again.
I get that for sure. Honestly they should have waited longer to bring in a new Batman after Christian Bale. He was almost a decade after Batman and Robin, so had plenty of time and much needed a reboot. They wanted to do the JL though so they had to, and made many mistakes. This will be the first real stand alone reboot since 2012’s DKR, which is a good amount of time. I’ll just decide to ignore Afflecks Batman haha.

I honestly can’t imagine Patterson being anything but a terrible Batman. Which means it will prob end up being pretty good
He gets a bad rap bc if Twilight crap, but even he hated that stuff. I think he will surprise people for sure. My problem w him is his size, he is way too skinny (even if he puts on a ton of muscle) to play him. The one thing I liked about Afflecks Batman is he at least was big enough to play him.

You think Christian Bales' Batman character is the same as Michael Keaton's?

He gets a bad rap bc if Twilight crap, but even he hated that stuff. I think he will surprise people for sure. My problem w him is his size, he is way too skinny (even if he puts on a ton of muscle) to play him. The one thing I liked about Afflecks Batman is he at least was big enough to play him.
I liked afflecks Batman. Huge and beating the pulp out of people with disdain

I liked afflecks Batman. Huge and beating the pulp out of people with disdain
Yeah I didn’t dislike his take on it, the crap around was just so bad it took away from what he was trying to do. That and his use of guns was off putting. He’s used them in comics but very few times and not near as brazenly as he did in BVS (man that could have been such a good movie ugh).

Yeah I didn’t dislike his take on it, the crap around was just so bad it took away from what he was trying to do. That and his use of guns was off putting. He’s used them in comics but very few times and not near as brazenly as he did in BVS (man that could have been such a good movie ugh).
I loved BvS. I liked the darker movies. They tried to switch it up with JL and make it lighter with some jokes like Marvel and I hated it

28% of Rotten Tomatoes agrees with you ;-)

Post-Christian Bale the only DC film I can tolerate is WW....which is actually pretty good.
I feel like long standing super hero movies have their fair share of criticism. Especially with different takes on Batman

Reactions: The Duke
28% of Rotten Tomatoes agrees with you ;-)

Post-Christian Bale the only DC film I can tolerate is WW....which is actually pretty good.
BVS was so close to a good movie but they just tried to do way too much in one movie and it fell apart at the end especially. Their take on Superman was just laughably bad but admittedly it’s really hard to do SM on the big screen. SM is supposed to be the light and optimism in the universe (Cap in MCU) not bring it down even further.
WW was really well done. The ending got a bit too much but still really liked it overall.

I feel like long standing super hero movies have their fair share of criticism. Especially with different takes on Batman

IMO, any of that criticism is offset by fanboys who give strong Rotten Tom reviews regardless, simply because it is Batman/Superman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT