ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Driver License.....

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
Those among us with a Texas driver license has two years to renew a license after the expiration date. My expiration date is April 26. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to meet for renewal at 11:05 AM. Texas renewal is by APPOINTMENT ONLY. I don't qualify for on line because I'm 79 or older and I hold a Class A Commercial Driver License. I just learned I still have two years to renew with no penalty. This note just came with a reminder from the Texas Dept. of Public Safety about tomorrow's appointment.

I had to renew my Tx DL in person this year. The instruction on the website make it sound like a pain in the ass. When I went to the appointment they look at my passport, current DL and called it good. Was in and out in 15 minutes. Then again I was at the Weatherford office and not one of the busier offices.

I had to renew my Tx DL in person this year. The instruction on the website make it sound like a pain in the ass. When I went to the appointment they look at my passport, current DL and called it good. Was in and out in 15 minutes. Then again I was at the Weatherford office and not one of the busier offices.
You also had your passport as a second identifying document. I guarantee that streamlined your validation process.

My agent said I had 2 years to renew before retesting is required. Law enforcement might ticket me or order me to renew after expiration.

I barley passed vision test. It's about time for me to consider eye glasses. My last serious eye test pegged me at about 20-25. I once was required aid to drive. I could read USA Today. Now reading glasses for USA Today. Aide not required for driving.

Since I'm pre-pre-pre diabetic I get vision tests annually. I was 43 when I first got glasses. My boss looked much older. I could see a crystal sharp sparrow on a tv antenna at Waco Cablevision.

You proud of yers?

Blah blah blah...
Blah Blah Blah Planet Over Profit GIF

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Commercial Driver License came in the mail today. $97. I got uglier and lighter skin. Now I look like a white guy.
I just renewed by on-line mail 3 wks ago, came in mail 10 days ago.
In my mugshot, taken 8 yrs ago (they just re-used it), I look like an ax murderer.

Word to wise: there's a 20-digit number at bottom of license. Write it out in large numerals for future refernce. It's so small 3 digits could fit on a gnat's ass...

I just renewed by on-line mail 3 wks ago, came in mail 10 days ago.
In my mugshot, taken 8 yrs ago (they just re-used it), I look like an ax murderer.

Word to wise: there's a 20-digit number at bottom of license. Write it out in large numerals for future refernce. It's so small 3 digits could fit on a gnat's ass...
I couldn't renew online because I'm CDL and 79+.

Long ago I attended a 6 week school in Abilene to qualify for a TX Class A Commercial Driver Licence.

50 states law requires all to use turn signals when making turns and lane changes. Most US Nationals haven't a clue. Proper turn signal usage requires me to give plenty of notice when I move to pass and cancel my signal AFTER I've lined up in my target lane. Most of the handful of drivers who attempt a signal don't know proper usage.

The biggest cause of death in the US for 1-13 years old? Car crashes.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Those among us with a Texas driver license has two years to renew a license after the expiration date. My expiration date is April 26. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to meet for renewal at 11:05 AM. Texas renewal is by APPOINTMENT ONLY. I don't qualify for on line because I'm 79 or older and I hold a Class A Commercial Driver License. I just learned I still have two years to renew with no penalty. This note just came with a reminder from the Texas Dept. of Public Safety about tomorrow's appointment.

SB, I fell into the same situation last time I had to renew my TX DL. The appointment thing is light years better than taking a ticket and hoping 5:00 doesn't come too soon.

My agent suggested strongly that I make a copy of both my license and the legal language (I cannot remember if it was a statute or not) of the option of utilizing your two-year waiver. Probably wouldn't need it in the big city or the state troopers but there are plenty of small constabularies in the state that would not consider your plea - and some that wouldn't consider even the copy of the law.

Best of luck and I hope you and yours are healthy & happy.

Your friend,
fairdinkem

SB, I fell into the same situation last time I had to renew my TX DL. The appointment thing is light years better than taking a ticket and hoping 5:00 doesn't come too soon.

My agent suggested strongly that I make a copy of both my license and the legal language (I cannot remember if it was a statute or not) of the option of utilizing your two-year waiver. Probably wouldn't need it in the big city or the state troopers but there are plenty of small constabularies in the state that would not consider your plea - and some that wouldn't consider even the copy of the law.

Best of luck and I hope you and yours are healthy & happy.

Your friend,
fairdinkem
It's great to hear from my Indian brother fairdinkem. May our paths cross again and again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT