ADVERTISEMENT

Switzerland Peace Summit

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001
How do you hold a peace summit that doesn't involve both sides fighting the war? Unless the side meeting is debating its terms for surrender, please tell me what this summit can accomplish? And if it can't accomplish anything, how is it not viewed as anything but a political junket?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
How do you hold a peace summit that doesn't involve both sides fighting the war? Unless the side meeting is debating its terms for surrender, please tell me what this summit can accomplish? And if it can't accomplish anything, how is it not viewed as anything but a political junket?

Thats easy, it would be about what carrots can be dangled in front of the bolsheviks to stop where they are & in front of the Ukrainians to give up about 20% of the land they have lost so far.

The problem is how long would any deal last. It is going to be very difficult to get the world as united again in support of Ukraine, something I bet the bolsheviks are counting on.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Thats easy, it would be about what carrots can be dangled in front of the bolsheviks to stop where they are & in front of the Ukrainians to give up about 20% of the land they have lost so far.

The problem is how long would any deal last. It is going to be very difficult to get the world as united again in support of Ukraine, something I bet the bolsheviks are counting on.
I think its interesting. I think the US wants the war to end, not to bring peace, but rather to close the loop on bringing Ukraine into NATO. Russia, on the other hand, doesn't really care how long the war drags out. As long as its ongoing, Ukraine can't join NATO, which I think was Russia's real objective. Which makes me think that the only peace agreement they'll agree to would be anathema to the "West's" interests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT