ADVERTISEMENT

States scrambling to avert Obamacare sticker shock after Dems balk at stabilization effort

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/27/obamacare-premiums-spike-feared-after-democrats-ba/

Who would have guessed that premiums would keep rising.....still waiting on my $2,500 USD?

Few of my favorite paragraphs from the article......

"Democrats were also bitter over the GOP’s decision to repeal the individual mandate, saying it made stabilization efforts into a patch for new problems."

"Exchanges officials in bluer areas of the country are worried that offering skimpier plans will only make things worse, by siphoning off much-needed healthy consumers from the exchange markets and forcing sicker people to pay even more for comprehensive coverage."

“States don’t print money, and individual markets, to become stable, need an infusion of federal dollars,” said Mila Kofman, executive director of the D.C. health exchange. (did none of these dumbasses think of that when it was unilaterally passed by the morons in congress with the ex-rodent in chiefs blessing?)

Maryland officials said their market was spiraling out of control, so they had to do something in face of Congress’ dithering.“They have done nothing to improve the market, short-term or long-term,” Maryland Insurance Commissioner Al Redmer Jr. said. (code speak for its the republicans and DJT's fault)

Who could have ever seen this coming? In general when the government (with virtually no accountability) throws money at something, what happens? Well the prices rise of course. Chickens coming home to roost....wonder when 60 minutes will get the ex-rodent in chief on to explain why all this is happening?

The Obamacare architect / technocrat was specific about how terrible it is (and why taxpayers should be kept in the dark about it) -- check out this one minute clip of him:

One of the worst things about Obamacare is how much it neutered Doctors' ability to perform independently (i.e. use their professional judgement, as a doctor, based on the needs of the individual patient).

It instead requires the doctor to make many "medical" decisions entirely based on what insurance companies will / won't cover.

So f^cked up on so many levels -- and humiliating for the doctor. You can see the sting in many doctors eyes, and can notice it in their answers to questions.

The best health goal is always preventing illness through living a healthy lifestyle (clean food, regular exercise, getting enough sleep etc).

But of course, Obamacare f*cks those people up too, there's zero benefit within our healthcare system for making smart preventative decisions that keep you healthy -- your insurance is still going up.

But of course, Obamacare f*cks those people up too, there's zero benefit within our healthcare system for making smart preventative decisions that keep you healthy -- your insurance is still going up.

this is the absolute worst of it
and so bassackwards

folks who don’t take care of their bodies should pay in accordingly

folks who display cardiac fitness should be discounted in kind

this is the absolute worst of it
and so bassackwards

folks who don’t take care of their bodies should pay in accordingly

folks who display cardiac fitness should be discounted in kind

You know...

What you're espousing here flies in the face of pretty much the bedrock of modern leftist belief.

As in....They aren't heart fat due to personal choices under their own control.

You know...

What you're espousing here flies in the face of pretty much the bedrock of modern leftist belief.

As in....They aren't heart fat due to personal choices under their own control.
You know as well as I do that right would throw a fit if your taxes or your insurance premiums paid to the government depended in anyway on lifestyle. Nanny state they would say. Or social engineering.

You know as well as I do that right would throw a fit if your taxes or your insurance premiums paid to the government depended in anyway on lifestyle. Nanny state they would say. Or social engineering.

I'm right leaning, and if such a program has to exist, I'm all about incentivizing good choices.

I'd guess that it wouldn't be as much political affiliation as it would be those not fit (as a group).

I'm only upset if the government completely restricts my lifestyle for "my own good". I have no issue if they choose to make some things more expensive to incentivize better behaviors. I don't complain about my life insurance premiums and those are clearly based upon my ability to take care of my own health. Nor do I complain about 'sin' taxes such as cigarrettes or alcohol. But I do complain about prohibition activities such as MJ or soda sizes (in NY).

I'm confused? I thought that "Obamacare" was going to be repealed and replaced on day one?

Secondly, I was promised (as all voters were) that if we elected Trump, he was going to show us HIS plan to replace the Affordable Care Act, which he guaranteed would: 1. Result in lower premiums; 2. Provide better coverage; and 3. Would reduce premiums.

So how come, none of those things have come to fruition? The Republicans hold the majority in both houses of Congress, so what's the problem? (Could it possibly be that someone ran on a platform topic that they didn't have a clue and were outright lying about having some miraculous "Plan" to fix the problem?) Stupid question I know as I'm sure that somehow George Soros, Maxine Waters and the "Deep State" has stopped all progress on this front. They're so devious, they've even managed to somehow prevent Trump from even showing the glorious plan he was touting pre-election!

I'm confused? I thought that "Obamacare" was going to be repealed and replaced on day one?

Secondly, I was promised (as all voters were) that if we elected Trump, he was going to show us HIS plan to replace the Affordable Care Act, which he guaranteed would: 1. Result in lower premiums; 2. Provide better coverage; and 3. Would reduce premiums.

So how come, none of those things have come to fruition? The Republicans hold the majority in both houses of Congress, so what's the problem? (Could it possibly be that someone ran on a platform topic that they didn't have a clue and were outright lying about having some miraculous "Plan" to fix the problem?) Stupid question I know as I'm sure that somehow George Soros, Maxine Waters and the "Deep State" has stopped all progress on this front. They're so devious, they've even managed to somehow prevent Trump from even showing the glorious plan he was touting pre-election!

A plus on the blame shifting
it’s how you legal people roll

Just merely asking why the Republicans and Trump haven't done what they claimed they were going to do, which would make this entire issue of the ACA (Obamacare) completely MOOT!

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Yep, the Supreme Court did not overturn it because it was essentially a tax and they don’t make rulings on those.

Just merely asking why the Republicans and Trump haven't done what they claimed they were going to do, which would make this entire issue of the ACA (Obamacare) completely MOOT!

leading questions starting at B going to C
while dismissing A that created B to C

another hallmark of omnipotent legal questioning

Reactions: CBradSmith
Yep, the Supreme Court did not overturn it because it was essentially a tax and they don’t make rulings on those.

obama said it wasn’t a tax

trump held him to it abolishing the mandate
(this is the A to B thing)

now libtards don’t want to address the failure
that is otardcare

they get to blame trump!

A timely piece re: CJ Roberts fractured logic in King v Burwell and the weight with which the decision is held as a legal precedent.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/supreme-court-king-v-burwell-decision-political/

An excerpt from Justice Ginsburg's opinion (the vote was 9-0 except one dissent on one point) in the case of Digital Realty Trust, Inc. v Somers:

“When a statute includes an explicit definition, we must follow that definition,” even if it varies from a term’s ordinary meaning . . . This principle resolves the question before us.

“When Congress includes particular language in one section of a statute but omits it in another . . . this Court presumes that Congress intended a difference in meaning.” . . . Courts are not at liberty to dispense with the condition—tell the SEC—Congress imposed.

Comments
The plain-text reading of the statute undoubtedly shields fewer individuals from retaliation than the alternative proffered by [the employee] and the Solicitor General. [The employee and the SG cite statistics that 80% of whistleblowers report internally first, but] even if the number of individuals qualifying for protection under [the statutory definition] is relatively limited, “it is our function to give the statute the effect its language suggests, however modest that may be.”

Overlooked in this protest is Dodd-Frank’s core objective: to prompt reporting to the SEC . . . In view of that precise aim, it is understandable that the statute’s retaliation protections, like its financial rewards, would be reserved for employees who have done what Dodd-Frank seeks to achieve, i.e., they have placed information about unlawful activity before the Commission to aid its enforcement efforts.

Because the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate. The Republicans don't hold a supermajority like the Dems did at the time they crammed that pile of crap down the collective throats of the American public.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT