ADVERTISEMENT

So the roster…….

They aren't mutually exclusive concepts IMO. DT doesn't need to keep the roster to intact for fear of competing next year. In the grand scheme of thing next year is not important at all. However, there are a lot of guys on this roster who can help DT achieve his long term goals quicker. Guys like Lockett, Hughes, Merrill, Carroll, Plott, Fix all align with what DT said he wants: guys who want to be Cowboys and guys who want to be Olympic champions.

People have mentioned but when Cael took over PSU he did bring in a lot of new guys. He also had some core guys already in the room who super charged the rebuild.

Last edited:
Willie told zero lies.

That's exactly what I said. Wasn't being facetious.

They aren't mutually exclusive concepts IMO. DT doesn't need to keep the roster to intact for fear of competing next year. In the grand scheme of thing next year is not important at all. However, there are a lot of guys on this roster who can help DT achieve his long term goals quicker. Guys like Lockett, Hughes, Merrill, Carroll, Plott, Fix all align with what DT said he wants: guys who want to be Cowboys and guys who want to be Olympic champions.

People have mentioned but when Cael took over PSU he did bring in a lot of new guys. He also had some core guys already in the room who super charged the rebuild.

This is all I was trying to say and I obviously communicated that poorly. Tried to clear it up later on but that didn't work either. For sure need to sit a few plays out.

Well, hold on now...

i called you an idiot for three reasons

1) b/c you're an idiot

2) b/c it was abundantly clear that the reason you were acting like someone pissed in your cheerios is because you were scared your buddies might leave.

which is a whole bag of issues unto itself. they weren't your buddies. they didn't give you access or inside info at all.

you spent two weeks railing against progress to preserve some non-existent inside info that, in your mind, made a podcast with 7 listeners legit.

(later, you literally admitted this was the case)

3) you were clear that you were worried about who might leave in the portal, and what guys in the portal you wouldn't get. that's like the last thing to be concerned with if you legitimately want what's best for the program.
Lol chill bro

That's exactly what I said. Wasn't being facetious.

This is all I was trying to say and I obviously communicated that poorly. Tried to clear it up later on but that didn't work either. For sure need to sit a few plays out.
Anyone being hella rude about disagreeing with another poster's speculation - because that's what this all is, speculation - needs to sit a few plays out. IMO. FFS. FYI. lol

Just gonna be part of the deal as this forum gets more participation, the other wrestling forums I've seen are full of sh*t talking

Well, hold on now...

1) b/c you're an idiot

2) b/c it was abundantly clear that the reason you were acting like someone pissed in your cheerios is because you were scared your buddies might leave.

which is a whole bag of issues unto itself. they weren't your buddies. they didn't give you access or inside info at all.

you spent two weeks railing against progress to preserve some non-existent inside info that, in your mind, made a podcast with 7 listeners legit.

3) you were clear that you were worried about who might leave in the portal, and what guys in the portal you wouldn't get. that's like the last thing to be concerned with if you legitimately want what's best for the program.

Anyone being hella rude about disagreeing with another poster's speculation - because that's what this all is, speculation - needs to sit a few plays out. IMO. FFS. FYI. lol

Just gonna be part of the deal as this forum gets more participation, the other wrestling forums I've seen are full of sh*t talking
Well smalls isn’t like the rest of us lol. He can say whatever he wants and does. Perks of being the top guy in the business. The fact he takes the time to hang around some surprises me but is pretty cool for the board imo.

Sense any David Taylor fear? Link?
They did a poll that had a ton of votes in regards to how well will DT do and the majority voted will challenge PSU but will win 1 out of every 4 titles. Was the 3rd highest option I think they could vote on behind better than PSU, and equal to PSU. So def not nothing lol

Reactions: mcpat and Mr.OSU
If you lose to Iowa by 23 in DT’s first year and the Iowa wrestling media write dismissive articles about your program and coach and your chances to field a winner… you’ll know you’re about to 4-peat as national champions.

Last edited:
Can you smell the fear and depression?
I found this quote from Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore, US Army very apropos for this moment in time:

“Fear, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of the Iowa wrestling forum in the morning. The smell, you know that depressing smell? The whole forum, smelled like... victory.”

"You get Spratley, Jamison/Young/Williams and Fish on the podium and Hughes and Carroll are what we think they are... we could miss on the two big transfers and still come in second next March in my opinion. Been trying to say this, but was called an idiot for pointing it out. Seriously think you're looking at 8 AAs next season"

On what planet do you think Carter Young is an AA next year?!?! I think he is far more likely to transfer or never crack the starting lineup again than him becoming an AA. Truth is he has been nothing but mediocre since he came to Stillwater, even before his injury. Not trying to knock him, it just is what it is. He's 31-25 for his career and just never really seemed to develop unfortunately. He also lost to Jordan Williams 15-2 last year, so I'm not sure exactly where he could even make the lineup. He isn't beating Hughes, Jamison, Williams or Teague

"You get Spratley, Jamison/Young/Williams and Fish on the podium and Hughes and Carroll are what we think they are... we could miss on the two big transfers and still come in second next March in my opinion. Been trying to say this, but was called an idiot for pointing it out. Seriously think you're looking at 8 AAs next season"

On what planet do you think Carter Young is an AA next year?!?! I think he is far more likely to transfer or never crack the starting lineup again than him becoming an AA. Truth is he has been nothing but mediocre since he came to Stillwater, even before his injury. Not trying to knock him, it just is what it is. He's 31-25 for his career and just never really seemed to develop unfortunately. He also lost to Jordan Williams 15-2 last year, so I'm not sure exactly where he could even make the lineup. He isn't beating Hughes, Jamison, Williams or Teague
He was wrestling really well before his injury. I think he would’ve all Americaned.

I’m not saying we don’t cuss and discuss because that’s what this board is for and I love it, but we have no clue how this is going to go and that's pretty exciting imo. It may be a kid like Carter that just flips a switch. Williams could fail to step up. You never know. I just know that I’m as excited as I ever have been over sports.

Last edited:
Well, hold on now...

1) b/c you're an idiot

No need to be a dick.

I’m not saying we don’t cuss and discuss because that’s what this board is for but we have no clue how this is going to go and we hate pretty exciting imo. It may be a kid like Carter that just flips a switch. Williams could fail to step up. You never know. I just know that I’m as excited as I ever have been over sports.
This is a great point, we have no clue who is going to flourish and thrive in this new system and who's not. This is really just a concern for the younger guys. That's why its good to have depth and options.

Carter's struggles his first and second year were primarily on bottom. He could not get an escape to save his life. Started to get off bottom towards the end of his second year which is also when he jumped a level and started beating some good ranked guys on his feet. He had some good momentum going into Big 12's and then blew his knee out. He was not ready to be a starter as a FR. Now with 3 years in the room I hope he can fight for a spot.

No need to be a dick.
At least he's out loud about it. It's better than passive aggressively acting like everyone is intellectually inferior, like most insiders do

The rush that some guys get off of thinking they know something that others aren't privy to will never cease to amuse me. It's fun to know things but some people get weird and egotistical real fast.

Last edited:
At least he's out loud about it. It's better than passive aggressively acting like everyone is intellectually inferior, like most insiders do

The rush that some guys get off of thinking they know something that others aren't privy to will never cease to amuse me. It's fun to know things but some people get weird and egotistical real fast.

Yea I agree but Lee hasn’t been one of those guys and Willie’s post comes off as being a dick which he is free to be but isn’t needed.

It’s his schtick and I really enjoy his wrestling coverage but just calling a spade a spade.

Well smalls isn’t like the rest of us lol. He can say whatever he wants and does. Perks of being the top guy in the business. The fact he takes the time to hang around some surprises me but is pretty cool for the board imo.
No need to be a dick.
Willie tells it like it is and in my opinion is by far the best in the business. I don't dislike Lee but he has literally whined over and over about what Willie replied to him during the DT announcement podcast all over social media and now this forum. So Willie wasn't just going off because of Lee complaining here. What Willie said about Lee and complaining and wanting to be "inside or get inside info" is exactly what Lee complained about on X.

The people on this forum know that Lee is all about OSU wrestling which is great. We listen because we love the team but we also know he can't be taken seriously because he refuses to say anything negative about anything and has made unrealistic predictions over and over that are just silly. Lee is unapologetic about being a homer but Lee if you read this I have to ask: If you doing the podcast the way you do it means you aren't really taken serious by a large portion of your audience are you really doing right by the program? Or does the podcast for the greatest dynasty in sports deserve a host that tells it like it is and is not only taken seriously by Cowboy fans but the entire wrestling community? Food for thought my friend.

Oh and for the love of God learn how to pronounce last names.

And that's all I'm going to say about all this. Fartz out ✌️

Willie tells it like it is and in my opinion is by far the best in the business. I don't dislike Lee but he has literally whined over and over about what Willie replied to him during the DT announcement podcast all over social media and now this forum. So Willie wasn't just going off because of Lee complaining here. What Willie said about Lee and complaining and wanting to be "inside or get inside info" is exactly what Lee complained about on X.

The people on this forum know that Lee is all about OSU wrestling which is great. We listen because we love the team but we also know he can't be taken seriously because he refuses to say anything negative about anything and has made unrealistic predictions over and over that are just silly. Lee is unapologetic about being a homer but Lee if you read this I have to ask: If you doing the podcast the way you do it means you aren't really taken serious by a large portion of your audience are you really doing right by the program? Or does the podcast for the greatest dynasty in sports deserve a host that tells it like it is and is not only taken seriously by Cowboy fans but the entire wrestling community? Food for thought my friend.

This is similar to what I told Shoot... OSU wrestling needs a rabid fanbase to start rearing it's ugly head again so forums like this, Lee's social media site and the podcast are all fantastic IMO... but we all have to do a better job and being alittle more thick skinned. Who the hell cares if someone says youre wrong or if someone calls you an idiot. Get over it and move on. Keep on keeping on and quit acting like you're above reproach or smarter than everyone else just because you started a pod. Its about OSU wrestling not you but we need you and everyone else to keep pumping it up.

Reactions: bwel9339

Nice fixed mindset. Sounds like you've never gotten better at anything as you've gained experience?

Carter committed to Northwestern out of high school because of Jimmy Kennedy, but changed his mind because Kennedy left. Don't think that will help him? Don't think being able to recommit after a redshirt will help him?

I don't want to live in a world where people can't get improve.

All fair points and constructive. I enjoy looking at the bright side. Have never really claimed to have inside info... Which is why I've always been pretty adamant that I'm not a reporter. As far as access goes, I do get to interview the wrestlers and coaches and former athletes which has been fun but mostly because I want people to know these guys better.

Should for sure back off on the predictions. Although that's mostly just for fun.

This is just for fun for me. I hope I've never made anybody feel like I think I'm smarter than everybody. That's not my intent. Just a hobby that keeps me busy. Have never made a dime off this thing and never will.

Probably not going to get better at names. Sorry. When I'm corrected I do my best to change it but I mostly read updates on wrestling so I don't have the proper pronunciation until I talk to the person or somebody that knows. Got a bit of a Harry Truman problem there with all kinds of words.

Last edited:
Nice fixed mindset. Sounds like you've never gotten better at anything as you've gained experience?

Carter committed to Northwestern out of high school because of Jimmy Kennedy, but changed his mind because Kennedy left. Don't think that will help him? Don't think being able to recommit after a redshirt will help him?

I don't want to live in a world where people can't get improve.
Carter has always been one of my favorites. Great young man and a great family. Reuniting with Kennedy is a good thing imo. If Carter finds a way into the lineup I'd like it to be 141. I think that's the best spot for him and Jamison is better off at 49.

Nobody wants to see these guys AA more than me, but man 41-49 are still extremely deep and stacked. Lets hope we see huge jumps from several guys his coming year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT