ADVERTISEMENT

Sensible change to prevent mass school shootings

Requiring a license to own or possess firearms would be a huge violation of the Second Amendment.
How? Every right granted by the constitution is constrained in some meaningful way. How does a gun license violate the constitution any more than a drivers license requirement violates freedom of movement.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Who and why does someone need a 30 round clip?
OK, here’s a serious answer. People whose town gets invaded by BLaMtifa shitbags.

Anthony-Huber.jpg

Raising the age of purchasing certain firearms to 25? You have to be 25 to rent a car or rent a hotel room. A lot of these mass shooters, particularly at schools, are 18-21.
Like what firearms?

I wouldn't say I'm not willing to compromise but any compromise would have to include a passed and implemented Constitutional Amendment specifically spelling out and protecting the individuals right to own firearms, settling the argument once and for all. I don't trust Democrats any further than I can throw the state of Texas.
I would not be for an amendment. Personally think that the original is pretty good, and spot on.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Not sure how you improve upon that. It's pretty clear and the founders understood that without the means to be able to topple your own government there is no freedom. Personally, I think we have limited it to the bare minimum currently. Any more restrictions and we are going to have issues, but I'm a firm believer in "the government should be afraid of the people, not the people afraid of their government."

I think common sense solutions can be found within the structure that we have now.

What did I invent? Tell me what I've gotten wrong in my statement? I'm trying to piece the timeline of this attack together and the details don't add up to me so I'm asking legitimate questions. But you don't seem to want to talk about the timeline of the event, because I presume it will show all the opportunities that were present to have prevented this tragedy beyond "more gun control".
You're trying to sensibly engage the biggest idiot on the board?

Yea I can't wrap my head around why women can't protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy either but it is what it is.

I can’t wrap my head around how you think all women are of fighting-back age and strength.

1 in 9 women under the age of 18

carry on

Texas DPS says door to Uvalde elementary school appears to have been unlocked when gunman entered​

The door to the Uvalde elementary school where a gunman killed 21 people appears to have been unlocked when he entered, authorities said Thursday.

Minutes earlier, Salvador Ramos crashed a pickup truck into a ditch and fired at two people outside a funeral home, Victor Escalon, the South Texas Regional Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety said during a news conference.

Ramos then went toward Robb Elementary School and fired "numerous" shots, he said, while providing a timeline of the gunman's movements.

"We will find out as much as we can why it was unlocked, or maybe it was locked," Escalon said. "But right now, it appears it was unlocked."
"We're going to find out. With all the different agencies that are involved, we're working every angle that's available. We won't stop until we get all the answers that we possibly can," he added.

He also said reports that a school district police officer confronted the suspect were not accurate.

"He walked in unobstructed initially. So, from the grandmother's house to the bar ditch to the school, into the school, he was not confronted by anybody," Escalon said. "To clear the record on that. Four minutes later, law enforcement are coming in to solve this problem."

Reactions: iasooner2000
Anyone applying 'controls' to gun ownership or usage should apply those same controls to any other right and see if it makes sense. If it does. proceed. If you wouldn't put that same restriction on free speech, religion, voting, assembly; then you don't get to apply it to guns.
Don't suggest this, they have given up a lot of freedoms in the last 30 years.

Texas DPS says door to Uvalde elementary school appears to have been unlocked when gunman entered​

The door to the Uvalde elementary school where a gunman killed 21 people appears to have been unlocked when he entered, authorities said Thursday.

Minutes earlier, Salvador Ramos crashed a pickup truck into a ditch and fired at two people outside a funeral home, Victor Escalon, the South Texas Regional Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety said during a news conference.

Ramos then went toward Robb Elementary School and fired "numerous" shots, he said, while providing a timeline of the gunman's movements.

"We will find out as much as we can why it was unlocked, or maybe it was locked," Escalon said. "But right now, it appears it was unlocked."
"We're going to find out. With all the different agencies that are involved, we're working every angle that's available. We won't stop until we get all the answers that we possibly can," he added.

He also said reports that a school district police officer confronted the suspect were not accurate.

"He walked in unobstructed initially. So, from the grandmother's house to the bar ditch to the school, into the school, he was not confronted by anybody," Escalon said. "To clear the record on that. Four minutes later, law enforcement are coming in to solve this problem."
It took him 12 minutes from the time he ran the truck into a ditch, to enter the school, ten minutes after 911 called. when he shot at people near the school, outside LE was there in 14 minutes after 911 call started, 4 minutes after breach.

General ?'s
with no driver's license? how did he prove age to purchase?
Did the person selling get to know their customer? ask general ?'s for utility of purchase
school has a SRO where were they are at the time? at school or day off?
whomever called 911 probably should have called the school after that call unless still on call at breach
why was back door to outside unlocked
why was door to classroom unlocked when school had a policy that it was to be locked also
If shooter was shooting before he got to school why did school not sound lock down (unless gunfire is normal?)
would outside door being locked delayed the breach the 4 minute time difference before LE arrived

Where are the parents? You know the people responsible for them.

“According to a 2003 National Institute of Justice report, 3 out of 4 adolescents who have been sexually assaulted were victimized by someone they knew well (page 5).

“A study conducted in 1986 found that 63% of women who had suffered sexual abuse by a family member also reported a rape or attempted rape after the age of 14”

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
I have a very sensible change to prevent most such mass school shootings and doesn't require one ounce of gun control:

Lock the ****ing School doors and hire a security guard for the front door. Basically manage the school building just like every large corporate office in America.

By the way, I've stated this same fix following each of the last 3 mass school shootings, all of which involved an individual who HAD NO BUSINESS being at the school being able to enter the school and roam the halls unmolested.
I know this thread devolved into the great gun control debate, but wanted to note that the perpetrator entered the school through an UNLOCKED BACK DOOR. No amount of new spending or gun laws are going to change a damn thing if we are unwilling to even perform remedial security actions.

I know this thread devolved into the great gun control debate, but wanted to note that the perpetrator entered the school through an UNLOCKED BACK DOOR. No amount of new spending or gun laws are going to change a damn thing if we are unwilling to even perform remedial security actions.
At our kids’ school in Edmond, the doors are locked and have bullet proof glass, plus an officer on duty. Classroom doors are locked during class. Does no good if the back door is open.

At our kids’ school in Edmond, the doors are locked and have bullet proof glass, plus an officer on duty. Classroom doors are locked during class. Does no good if the back door is open.
Just think, that might have been all that was required to save these kids. A locked door is like a seat belt. It doesn't prevent the event from occurring, but it could make for a better outcome.

“According to a 2003 National Institute of Justice report, 3 out of 4 adolescents who have been sexually assaulted were victimized by someone they knew well (page 5).

“A study conducted in 1986 found that 63% of women who had suffered sexual abuse by a family member also reported a rape or attempted rape after the age of 14”

carry on
It's funny how you concentrate on 1.5% of cases to defend your position on killing babies.

Reactions: Corndog2021
As you and yours concentrate on 1% of cases of abortions after 21 weeks to defend your position on mansplaining away women being at fault for rape.
Wrong again, my position on abortion has been stated numerous times when dealing with the other leftist loon.

And he didn't have two nickels to rub together to purchase any kind of gun- we have been warned false flags were coming- this won't be the last. A psychotic kid was helped And maybe coerced into committing this heinous crime- Aided by demonic sociopaths who think it's good to Off Kiddos to take away our guns.

Same People that think it's good To kill millions of Babies per Year - demonic 1 percent sociopaths

And he didn't have two nickels to rub together to purchase any kind of gun- we have been warned false flags were coming- this won't be the last. A psychotic kid was helped And maybe coerced into committing this heinous crime- Aided by demonic sociopaths who think it's good to Off Kiddos to take away our guns.

Same People that think it's good To kill millions of Babies per Year - demonic 1 percent sociopaths

He worked at the local Wendy’s.

Accusing other of being sociopaths when you can’t rub two correct thoughts together to make a better-than-5-IQ post is quite entertaining lol

“PeDo TooN”

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: SquatchinPoke
Secure buildings, it is possible to do.

Giving capable teachers military/FBI/LE training with ongoing range time and consistent proficiency testing might be a good idea. Or get retired military personnel that might be willing to volunteer. Get them tuned back up on the gun range and let them serve. I bet many would. If you could get 5 volunteers per school, they each could take one day a week.

It was the Border Patrol that went in, with one Tactical agent getting hit twice. Not the city Police, DPS, Texas Rangers or county if they also have those in Texas. The shooter had locked the classroom door, that should have been locked to start with. School Staff unlocked the door for classroom breach

Secure buildings, it is possible to do.

Giving capable teachers military/FBI/LE training with ongoing range time and consistent proficiency testing might be a good idea. Or get retired military personnel that might be willing to volunteer. Get them tuned back up on the gun range and let them serve. I bet many would. If you could get 5 volunteers per school, they each could take one day a week.

School Staff unlocked the door for classroom breach
The allowed the shooter into a classroom? Why? While he was shooting?

Since gun control is not possible. How about providing bullet proof vests to every student in America with head gear.

Is that what they do in Pakistan now after the Worlds 4th Largest School Massacre, the 2014 Peshawar School massacre in which 149 people were killed including 132 School Children?
Don't roll up in here acting all high and mighty.
Which Country was harboring the Worlds Most Wanted Terrorist and claimed not to know it?
What about the kids that died on 9/11? Should kids never fly in a Plane or be in a building without protective gear?

Last edited:
I’m curious. Would anyone in this thread be willing to trade some immigration reform for some gun control? That’s pretty generic but is something like this even a possibility in today’s political climate?

If we the people Would eliminate the deep state most of this crap wouldn't happen. The pure evil that exists in the world is propagated by the global POS that is the Cabal, aka the deep state etc. They control the media, the news, the judiciary and most entities in the world. In no way are they confined in the US although most of our tax dollars fund them.

It really is as simple as Rooting out
The evil - cancer it do spread fast and hard.

People need to know who the enemy is and what they're about- I believe most have no clue. Some on the board do and some are
Waking up. Once you're awake you cannot be lulled back to sleep- doesn't happen.

We can pick the shooting to death but needs to be picked at the core. Just like inner city black kids who do violence- the system is manipulated to keep those young men out of
A nuclear family, fatherless and doing the evil the DS needs done. Killing babies is 100 percent dS- Hardly anyone would want to kill a baby if they weren't programmed to do

Is that what they do in Pakistan now after the Worlds 4th Largest School Massacre, the 2014 Peshawar School massacre in which 149 people were killed including 132 School Children?
Don't roll up in here acting all high and mighty.
Which Country was harboring the Worlds Most Wanted Terrorist and claimed not to know it?
What about the kids that died on 9/11? Should kids never fly in a Plane or be in a building without protective gear?
It happened once several years ago by AL qaida remember them they blew up some buildings in NY.
To say silly things in argument is the way Trump does it and has become right wing wsuy insult and say silly things instead of an rational logical discussion.
Mass shhoting is happening in your country every month consider something simple like it may have something to do with availability of guns. This is your starting point.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
If we the people Would eliminate the deep state most of this crap wouldn't happen. The pure evil that exists in the world is propagated by the global POS that is the Cabal, aka the deep state etc. They control the media, the news, the judiciary and most entities in the world. In no way are they confined in the US although most of our tax dollars fund them.

It really is as simple as Rooting out
The evil - cancer it do spread fast and hard.

People need to know who the enemy is and what they're about- I believe most have no clue. Some on the board do and some are
Waking up. Once you're awake you cannot be lulled back to sleep- doesn't happen.

We can pick the shooting to death but needs to be picked at the core. Just like inner city black kids who do violence- the system is manipulated to keep those young men out of
A nuclear family, fatherless and doing the evil the DS needs done. Killing babies is 100 percent dS- Hardly anyone would want to kill a baby if they weren't programmed to do
A Qanon genius here

Mass shhoting is happening in your country every month consider something simple like it may have something to do with availability of guns. This is your starting point.
The last year that I could find data for Pakistan was 2019. The murder rate was 3.8 per 100,000 people. The murder rate for the USA in the same time period was 5.0. Not a huge difference.

No idea if honor killings are included in the Pakistan data.

Reactions: windriverrange
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT