ADVERTISEMENT

Secretary-General: All NATO Allies Agree Ukraine Will Join

DCandtheUTBand

Redshirt
Sep 5, 2001
All NATO allies have agreed that Ukraine will eventually become a member of the alliance but the main focus now is to ensure the country prevails against Russia, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Friday...

“Let me be clear, Ukraine’s rightful place is in the Euro-Atlantic family," Stoltenberg told a news conference. “Ukraine’s rightful place is in NATO....”

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/russia-ukraine-nato/2023/04/22/id/1117129/

All NATO allies have agreed that Ukraine will eventually become a member of the alliance but the main focus now is to ensure the country prevails against Russia, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Friday...

“Let me be clear, Ukraine’s rightful place is in the Euro-Atlantic family," Stoltenberg told a news conference. “Ukraine’s rightful place is in NATO....”

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/russia-ukraine-nato/2023/04/22/id/1117129/
I think he is partly right. Western Ukraine is best placed as part of the EU, which is what they most desire. But eastern Ukraine, the Russian speaking, Russian cultured section belongs with Russia, which is where they want to be. I don’t see why a peacefully negotiated settlement can’t be reached in which each side can declare “victory.”

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
I think he is partly right. Western Ukraine is best placed as part of the EU, which is what they most desire. But eastern Ukraine, the Russian speaking, Russian cultured section belongs with Russia, which is where they want to be. I don’t see why a peacefully negotiated settlement can’t be reached in which each side can declare “victory.”
Ukraine giving up any of its long sovereign territory would be nothing resembling a victory for Ukraine, nor is there any need whatsoever for them to do so. You are carrying water for Putin again.

Wonder if Jens can get one of these for his office?
2_zvnh-tb.JPG

Reactions: davidallen
Ukraine giving up any of its long sovereign territory would be nothing resembling a victory for Ukraine, nor is there any need whatsoever for them to do so. You are carrying water for Putin again.
Explain to me why the Russians of eastern Ukraine, who very much prefer to be part of Russia, and who have been treated as second class citizens by the powers in western Ukraine, must be held in Ukrainian captivity against their will? Why not let them live by their own designs?

Explain to me why the Russians of eastern Ukraine, who very much prefer to be part of Russia, and who have been treated as second class citizens by the powers in western Ukraine, must be held in Ukrainian captivity against their will? Why not let them live by their own designs?
Any hard evidence for your comical assertions that they are treated as second class citizens being held against their will? Besides, not even the point. It is UKRAINIAN TERRITORY.

I'm sure Mother Russia treats its ethnic minorities like royalty, y'know?

Seems pootin almost obliterated eastern Ukraine.

Reactions: Marocain Poke
Any hard evidence for your comical assertions that they are treated as second class citizens being held against their will? Besides, not even the point. It is UKRAINIAN TERRITORY.
Are you aware of when, why or how it became Ukrainian territory? Yes, there are mountains of hard evidence of eastern Russian-speaking Ukrainians being treated as second class citizens. Why do you think eastern Ukraine was involved in a virtual civil war against Kiev?

Are you aware of when, why or how it became Ukrainian territory? Yes, there are mountains of hard evidence of eastern Russian-speaking Ukrainians being treated as second class citizens. Why do you think eastern Ukraine was involved in a virtual civil war against Kiev?
So, no evidence. Just as I thought.

So, no evidence. Just as I thought.
A year or so ago I went through this more times than I could count. I even went through it with you if memory serves. It’s apparent you don’t want to know, and I’m done providing evidence you don’t want to see.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT