ADVERTISEMENT

Ruptured eardrum

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Anyone have any suggestions for pain other than Tylenol? Yes it hurts so bad that I’m reaching out to a message board for suggestions.

Normally when one bursts, the pain actually goes away. I’ve had multiple. They suck. You also really need to be on antibiotics.

Keep the water out of your ears also. Go get some wax inserts.

My best friend’s little brother’s eardrum burst when we were kids when we were swimming. He came up saying his ear really hurt and his mom said you’re fine. He kept swimming for a bit and then started complaining again. She told him that he just had water in it and it would eventually come out. He kept complaining. She went into the house and thought she was grabbing hydrogen peroxide to pour down and flush the water out. It was rubbing alcohol. She poured it in, he screamed and then passed out.

So you could just do that.

Yeah going to pass on the rubbing alcohol. I have some prescription ear drops the doctor gave me. Just told me to take Tylenol and Advil for the pain. Yippee

Yeah going to pass on the rubbing alcohol. I have some prescription ear drops the doctor gave me. Just told me to take Tylenol and Advil for the pain. Yippee
Brown liquor probably helps with the pain, but it might not be good for the healing process.

I'm not a doctor and didn't stay in Holiday Inn last night.

In all seriousness, good luck. Doesn't sound like very much fun.

Reactions: Inky29
I've burst mine and it was f'in painful! Doctor gave me pain meds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT