ADVERTISEMENT

Revisions to rosy economic estimates underreported by media amid Biden self-congratulation

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

"It's concerning," economic anayst Phillip Patrick said recently on the "Just the News No Noise" television show. "I mean, these advanced estimates given out by the government should come with a warning label 'For entertainment purposes only,' because clearly we're not dealing with reality.

"It's concerning," economic anayst Phillip Patrick said recently on the "Just the News No Noise" television show. "I mean, these advanced estimates given out by the government should come with a warning label 'For entertainment purposes only,' because clearly we're not dealing with reality.
"the economy grew at a rate of just 2.7%, 0.2% less than the initial estimate of 2.9%" - Lol

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
"the economy grew at a rate of just 2.7%, 0.2% less than the initial estimate of 2.9%" - Lol
Just some other points of the article you skipped over.

America's economic growth in the fourth quarter of 2022 was weaker than initial estimates and also lagged behind third quarter numbers by 0.5%, according to statistics from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA).

The personal consumption expenditure — or PCE inflation — was revised up about 15%. PCE is concerning. This is the Fed's favored inflation metric. And it's accelerating yet again.

"January saw a 5.4% rise on last month, on an annualized basis. If we take out food and energy, the volatile metrics, it's still at [a] 4.7% increase, both marking pickups after several months of decline. And that's particularly concerning.

"So in sum, all of the good numbers went down, all of the bad numbers went up. So this rosy picture that's being painted by the White House and Wall Street — I mean, a lot of that optimism was based on numbers that were clearly inaccurate.

"You look at all this other stuff that they have created — the great COVID coverup and the Hunter Biden [laptop] coverup and the censorship coverup, and then you say, 'Hey, wait a minute,'" Blackburn told the John Solomon Reports podcast. "They want to tell me inflation is 6.2 or 6.5, or 6.6 [percent]. And when I look at the basket of goods that I purchased by going to the grocery store, and food costs are up almost 15%. The cost of gasoline for your car is up 33%. Diesel is up over 50%. Home heating fuels are up over 30%, and people are going, 'Hey, wait a minute, that's not 6% inflation.'

Cant find any articles on this but have you ever notice when Obama was in office and now Biden is office economic numbers seem to most often be revised downward. Funny how when Trump was in office those numbers were often revised upward.

Just some other points of the article you skipped over.

America's economic growth in the fourth quarter of 2022 was weaker than initial estimates and also lagged behind third quarter numbers by 0.5%, according to statistics from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA).

The personal consumption expenditure — or PCE inflation — was revised up about 15%. PCE is concerning. This is the Fed's favored inflation metric. And it's accelerating yet again.

"January saw a 5.4% rise on last month, on an annualized basis. If we take out food and energy, the volatile metrics, it's still at [a] 4.7% increase, both marking pickups after several months of decline. And that's particularly concerning.

"So in sum, all of the good numbers went down, all of the bad numbers went up. So this rosy picture that's being painted by the White House and Wall Street — I mean, a lot of that optimism was based on numbers that were clearly inaccurate.

"You look at all this other stuff that they have created — the great COVID coverup and the Hunter Biden [laptop] coverup and the censorship coverup, and then you say, 'Hey, wait a minute,'" Blackburn told the John Solomon Reports podcast. "They want to tell me inflation is 6.2 or 6.5, or 6.6 [percent]. And when I look at the basket of goods that I purchased by going to the grocery store, and food costs are up almost 15%. The cost of gasoline for your car is up 33%. Diesel is up over 50%. Home heating fuels are up over 30%, and people are going, 'Hey, wait a minute, that's not 6% inflation.'

Cant find any articles on this but have you ever notice when Obama was in office and now Biden is office economic numbers seem to most often be revised downward. Funny how when Trump was in office those numbers were often revised upward.
To be honest I believe the numbers are almost always revised downward regardless of which party is pulling the strings. It’s evidence that they’re all lying sons of bitches.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Consumers are 70% of our economy. My favorite from MSM? No mention of record consumer credit card debt to pay for energy and food in Biden's inflationary tidal wave.
Have a buddy who is a BK attorney. He's starting to get real busy and is ready to add staff to handle what's coming. Great time to be a BK or a divorce attorney.

Not a surprise to me. Close to 16% of Americans that bought cars in the fourth quarter of 2022 are paying over $1000 a month for their car payment. Between ridiculous government regulations, auto manufactures subsidizing their EV model with prices on fossil fuel vehicles and high interest rates and inflation rates not seen in 40 years it's not at all surprising auto repossessions are on the rise. Making matters worse people are rapidly running their credit card debt up to make ends meet and this is only the beginning. But hey, Biden, Democrats and their dumb ass voters say the economy is doing great.

On the bright side, those that saw all of this coming, were frugal and prepared properly are going to make bank when it all blows up.

To be honest I believe the numbers are almost always revised downward regardless of which party is pulling the strings. It’s evidence that they’re all lying sons of bitches.

Yeah, this was true in many months of Trump too…not that that was overly controversial, given he was the worst jobs president ever.

At least it gives one a more consistent determination of the averaged-out bullsh!t. It is strange and somewhat disturbing how consistently off not only these are, but also the reports from ADP et al.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
OMG and Economist was slightly off and a projection. It appears that many on this board do not comprehend what economic forcasts are.

Reactions: davidallen
Economic reports are revised every month either up or down as more information comes in. I am sure that many economic reports were adjusted as that is how it works. I do recall that unemployment was 6.7% in December of 2020.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT