ADVERTISEMENT

RBG?

Supreme Court is above responding to politically motivated speculation....lifetime appointments and all that.
Totally understand. There is a long history of justices serving well past their mental capacity to do so. That's the way it is set up for better or worse and I can live with it.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I get that.

I like the balance right about where it is now.

I also admire RBG as a Justice and as a person even though I rarely fully agree with her positions. I view her as an effective and valuable dissenting voice on the court....which I think is a good and valuable thing to have in the development of jurisprudence.
I admire her lifetime of work as well. She is a remarkable person.

That doesn't negate the fact that I'd love to see Trump replace her with someone who I think will better interpret the constitution. And by better I mean like the way I see it. :)

I admire her lifetime of work as well. She is a remarkable person.

That doesn't negate the fact that I'd love to see Trump replace her with someone who I think will better interpret the constitution. And by better I mean like the way I see it. :)

The way you see it doesn’t necessarily equate to “better”

Lifetime implies alive, correct?
tumblr_inline_ms48iadcn81qz4rgp.gif

Politically motivated speculation, sure.

Should there not be a political motivation given to the speculation?

As for it being grim, when it’s a lifetime appointment, turnover on the court is often grim unless someone voluntarily retires - which at some point could be the right thing to do*

*assuming she didn’t already die and we haven’t been told.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Should there not be a political motivation given to the speculation?

As for it being grim, when it’s a lifetime appointment, turnover on the court is often grim unless someone voluntarily retires - which at some point could be the right thing to do*

I do think that speculation promoted to obtain political gain is worthy of less valid consideration than unbiased, non-political, motivations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...olitics/rbg-oscar-movie-nomination/index.html

Washington (CNN)Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was in good spirits on Tuesday following news that the documentary film about her life had been nominated for Best Documentary at the Academy Awards.

Betsy West and Julie Cohen, the filmmakers of "RBG" -- a CNN film -- said Tuesday they spoke to Ginsburg earlier that day, noting they were the ones who gave her the good news about the film.

West and Cohen said Ginsburg "sounded strong and cheerful" and said that she is writing opinions and "continuing to stay on top of work."

I suppose it’s possible she died since Tuesday and has been hidden away...yet highly unlikely don’t ya think?

Nope...and never will either. He deserved a bullet in his head long before he ever became a president ***shrugs shoulders***
As I said, it's hilarious watching you try to get uppity about RBG. ***laughing at you***

Ship-Anchor.jpg

You may see, in the future, hypocrisy in action.

Republicans wanting to pull the plug
Democrats wanting to keep her on a machine.

Last edited:
By all means, let’s compare the two Mr. Sobchak.

From the above cited “Where’s Melania” report:

“However, in the grand scope of Trump's first lady schedule, a 20-day break, while long, isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. She is one of the most independent first ladies in recent history, several times in the past year separating herself from her husband's travel plans, outings, rallies and, on more than one occasion, motorcades.“

That’s s long way from asking for “proof of life”.:eek:

Reactions: wino and Pokeabear
So it's QAnon stuff to wonder where she is? I don't actually think she's dead. I do think this is a problem that isn't going away. Some faith in our institutions would be restored if she either shows herself as capable and cogent enough to do her job, or she can retire.

I think you have a blind spot for her.

By all means, let’s compare the two Mr. Sobchak.

From the above cited “Where’s Melania” report:

“However, in the grand scope of Trump's first lady schedule, a 20-day break, while long, isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. She is one of the most independent first ladies in recent history, several times in the past year separating herself from her husband's travel plans, outings, rallies and, on more than one occasion, motorcades.“

That’s s long way from asking for “proof of life”.:eek:

The obvious point is that the media was highly interested in the absence of ceremonial position, but has a decided lack of curiosity about an SCOTUS Justice with a lifetime appointment who has disappeared since lung cancer surgery.

Not whether they thought Melania was dead. You know this.

So it's QAnon stuff to wonder where she is? I don't actually think she's dead. I do think this is a problem that isn't going away. Some faith in our institutions would be restored if she either shows herself as capable and cogent enough to do her job, or she can retire.

I think you have a blind spot for QAnon, MAGA nonsense.

There is no evidence or any indication she isn’t capable or cogent enough to do her job for anybody but hard core MAGA-ers....so no actual evidence.

The court has reported she’s working from home until the next oral arguments.

Her clerks have been quoted saying she is working.

Others have reported she is just fine.

Supreme Court Justices aren’t particularly known making public appearances when court is in session. Let’s demand all the other Justices we haven’t seen or heardo_O from in the past two weeks provide the same.

Last edited:

lol

The obvious point is that the media was highly interested in the absence of ceremonial position, but has a decided lack of curiosity about an SCOTUS Justice with a lifetime appointment who has disappeared since lung cancer surgery.

Not whether they thought Melania was dead. You know this.

No, that is not the “obvious point”.

The obvious point is that media has reported on her health, has reported that she is working from home after missing a single round of oral arguments.

The obvious point is that she hasn’t “disappeared” despite however many QAnon idiots try to generate the narrative that she has.

She’s disappeared. If I was a good journalist I would investigate further.

I think you have a blind spot for QAnon, MAGA nonsense.

There is no evidence or any indication she isn’t capable or cogent enough to do her job for anybody but hard core MAGA-ers....so no actual evidence.

The court has reported she’s working from home until the next oral arguments.

Her clerks have been quoted saying she is working.

Others have reported she is just fine.

Supreme Court Justices aren’t particularly known making public appearances when court is in session. Let’s demand all the other Justices we haven’t seen or heardo_O from in the past two weeks provide the same.

MAGA - maybe. Q anon? No.

I agree. Every SCTOUS Justice who is 85+ and hasn't shown up for work since having cancerous tumors removed from their lungs in 2018 needs to show themselves. All of them!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT