Question for up, sys, etc.

shortbus

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2001
Edmond, OK
www.rankallstars.com
Same goes for the far right defenders.

Do you forget we are on the same team?

The side you believe you are on, left or right, the side you make excuses for, cover for, deflect, defend, justify, etc., that's not your side. The side you attack at every opportunity, the side you blame everything on. That's not their side.

The people are your side. You, me, and all the citizens of this country.

It is time you realized that. It's time you held those you support accountable and stop making excuses for them. They aren't your team. You get no credit when they "win".

You win when the people win. You lose when the people lose and supporting your political party in spite of their failures instead of calling them out for them is hurting all of us.

You are not your political party. If they represent you because you elected them, doesnt it make you mad when they lie, or cover up, or pull some bs political stunt? Why would you cover for them? They aren't out for you. They are out for them!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by shortbus:

The side you believe you are on, left or right, the side you make excuses for, cover for, deflect, defend, justify, etc., that's not your side. The side you attack at every opportunity, the side you blame everything on. That's not their side.

It is time you realized that. It's time you held those you support accountable and stop making excuses for them. They aren't your team. You get no credit when they "win".

You win when the people win. You lose when the people lose and supporting your political party in spite of their failures instead of calling them out for them is hurting all of us.

You are not your political party. If they represent you because you elected them, doesnt it make you mad when they lie, or cover up, or pull some bs political stunt? Why would you cover for them? They aren't out for you. They are out for them!

Some (most?) of your points are well taken.

But, the reason people support their "team" is they believe the side they support has the better answers to make the country function the best or that they are more likely to insititute policies with which they agrree and believe to be the best for the country.

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:

Some (most?) of your points are well taken.

But, the reason people support their "team" is they believe the side they support has the better answers to make the country function the best or that they are more likely to insititute policies with which they agrree and believe to be the best for the country.
Well said Glove.

...and the reason more peopel are (almnost) completely losing faith in and becoming even more disgusted with our political systems is that they see less and less hope that anyone will do what's right (in theri view) or anything that will effectively improve our way of life.

Classic strategy of the Reps/Dems. Divide the country. Make every issue have two sides and each pick the opposite. Feed the sheep a bunch of bullshit and football and reality TV. Encourage debt. Make them all slaves and convince them they're free through bullshit propoganda. Scare them into war. Make them sick by feeding them poison approved by a captured regulator, then sell them drugs approved by another captured regulator. Make me buy into this bullshit American Dream that pushes a life of keeping up with the Jonas's and doing a job they hate so they can have a nest egg when they retire...and are too old and beat down to enjoy it.

Originally posted by squeak:
Classic strategy of the Reps/Dems. Divide the country. Make every issue have two sides and each pick the opposite. Feed the sheep a bunch of bullshit and football and reality TV. Encourage debt. Make them all slaves and convince them they're free through bullshit propoganda. Scare them into war. Make them sick by feeding them poison approved by a captured regulator, then sell them drugs approved by another captured regulator. Make me buy into this bullshit American Dream that pushes a life of keeping up with the Jonas's and doing a job they hate so they can have a nest egg when they retire...and are too old and beat down to enjoy it.

You're somewhat of a synic.

Basically summed up living in America.

You are right about most of this. But the truth and the American dream are still out there for those who want it bad enough and are willing to work hard, develop a skill set etc.

The idea of freedom however.. it becoming a shrinking fantasy.

Is there an issue in particular I should be working on with the righties to advance the interest of "the people?"

Yes you could quit trying to put people into two buckets.

All in. You had me at encourage debt and scare em' into war. So what bucket do we get all get in? Is there an issue we should all unite around?

There's less hope they will do what is right because they know that there are so many who will support them no matter what they do and that is exactly my point.

Until we stop supporting our "sides" no matter what they do, there's no other expectation than failure.

I view myself as more of a constitutional moderate on domestic policy, with a strong militaristic stance on foreign policy, but I'm sure if you asked sys, and pilt, I'm probably far right to them.

With that being said, I don't try to make excuses for either side. I will defend a point if I think it's important to defend, but I don't blame or attack a side. I try to attack the idea as much as possible, and not worry about which side it's on. I don't get into calling the other side names, or even individuals for that matter, as it leads to nothing. It is easy to get trapped or lured into this, but I think it's important to try and avoid it, especially on the internet, where perceived anonymity can bring out the worst in people.

I believe we are all on the same side, and when the turd hits the fan, it doesn't matter what we all think. The terrorists out there will make this very clear, as they will not discriminate between Dem or Rep.

I think that's the problem with the current admin, as they where elected to office twice by running on hatred to Bush, rather than their own merit. I support the people, and want what is best for the people of the US, not what is best for the government of the US. An attack on the Constitution, and the people by any force is met with a challenge by me, and I would hope by anyone, regardless of party affiliation. I understand the Dems problem with the Patriot Act and how the Republicans gave Bush to much power. In the same note I understand the problem with the ACA and how it gives not only Obama too much power but congress as well.

This is actually my biggest gripe with our current president. Ted Cruz only represents Texas, so if he offends a Californian, so be it. Same with Harry Reid. He represents a segment of the population, of which I'm not part of, so he has no need represent my views. But at the end of the day, the President has to represent and serve the whole country. He's the one elected official who has to represent the entire country and not just the 51% (or so) that elected him.

Justin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT