ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterback

Jeff J.

Jul 6, 2003
Lots of discussion today about the position. Those saying that Sanders is a turnover machine are right. Those pointing out that Illingworth is a statue and most likely would have been sacked all day are probably right.

Who is taking snaps is not the issue, I don't think.

There are ways to scheme around an OL that has issues. There are ways to scheme against D's that are stacked to shut down the run game.

Whoever is taking snaps, the question is whether or not there is the coaching chops to scheme. If there is, is there a willingness to do so?

I don't know the answer to the first question, but do have doubts. There isn't any doubt in my mind that the emphatic answer to question two is no.

Ask yourself what Holgy or Monken would do with this offense right now. I don't know with certainty that either would change QB's, but the thought would be on the table. So would passing to open the run game. And running four or five quick routes to give the QB options to get rid of the ball quickly.

None of those things are on the table. Dunn might be thinking that way, but we will never know, so it does not matter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News