ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for GOT season finale

There could also be a small time jump for next season. Really the best explanation is probably the show just doesn't care much about distance.

Yeah and I think its due to them wanting to wrap this quickly. Think back to the early shows and they really made it obvious how long it took to get from spot to spot. You had tons and tons of walking scenes, and if they did not show the walking then you would have 2 - 3 episodes at least between the time someone left and when they showed up. Now you have a few minutes within the same episode.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
There could also be a small time jump for next season. Really the best explanation is probably the show just doesn't care much about distance.

I would say they used to care, but don't anymore. Think how long it took Ned, Arya and Sansa to get from Winterfell to KL in season 1. Or how long Arya traveled with Yoren. They have sped up the story in the last couple seasons and have opted to just ignore the travel times and time jumps and let the viewer figure it out for himself/herself.

With that said, to the viewer, it didn't seem like much time passes between when Tyrion said goodbye to Varys (as he left for Westeros) and when Dani reappeared on top of the pyramid. The city was already under siege, and she unleashed the Dragons the next day (I think). Then, they had their ships and started preparing for transport across the narrow sea. Next thing we see, they are sailing and there's Varys who had time to make some deals/schemes, and make it back to Mereen in time to set sail again. It seemed strange at the time.

But....

Let's remember that Varys did not know that Dani was going to get ships from the slavers and from Theon/Yara. So, it seems realistic that he brought transportation (Dornish and Tyrell) with him to bring Dani's army back to Westeros. Now, he would not have brought enough ships to transport the Dothraki horde, but, fortunately Dani had acquired other ships to transport them.

Additionally, did you notice that most of the ships had prows carved to look like Dragons? That work would have taken months to finish. So, while it doesn't feel right to the viewer, HBO is leaving clues to let us know that these events are taking place over many months and we are only seeing the highlights.

Who was the nurse/midwife in the TOJ? She would also know the truth if she was still alive.

Here's a good one I read.

"Melisandre said, “It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.” What do we see at Lyanna’s deathbed? Arthur Dayne’s sword, Dawn, which legend has it was forged from the heart of a fallen star. On the pummel is a sun (which, yes, is a star) and underneath we see a good deal of blood. Jon Snow was born under the bloody star."

ee-got-bleeding-star.gif

Reactions: MegaPoke
I am changing my prediction of Azor Ahai to Samwell instead of Jamie. If it ain't him it has to be Dani. Those are my two picks. They are the only two that have yet to hold a valyrian steel sword right? Or I guess maybe the Night's King could be him that is a little far fetched though.

Sam "stole" his family sword this season which is valyrian steel isn't it?

Sam "stole" his family sword this season which is valyrian steel isn't it?
Right but he never really pulled the sword out of it scabbard and then you see him with it wrapped. He has yet to whip that thing out and wield it. I think it will turn to fire once he puts it throw Gilly's heart in an attempt to kill a WW.

Also, the last port city before heading out to 'open' sea on the way to Westeros from Mareen is the islands of Valyria.

What keeps me from buying into Dani as AA (because all the signs to point to her) is the fact she is more of a conquer then a savior IMO. Maybe though the meeting her and Tyrion had was the breath of enlightenment and she finally gets the bigger picture. Sam is a big player in the end game though. To many things pointing to that.

Something I came across today that I hadn't ever realized is that Jon Snow, Dani, and Tyrion all lost their mothers in child birth when they where born. What it means I don't know but an interesting fact.

Theres also Arya/Brienne/Pod/ which could all be meeting up with the Red woman. Is she the red star? Does she get injured? Brienne has a Valyrian steel sword.

They're your three headed dragon and three riders. All 3 are Targs....

What keeps me from buying into Dani as AA (because all the signs to point to her) is the fact she is more of a conquer then a savior IMO. Maybe though the meeting her and Tyrion had was the breath of enlightenment and she finally gets the bigger picture. Sam is a big player in the end game though. To many things pointing to that.

Something I came across today that I hadn't ever realized is that Jon Snow, Dani, and Tyrion all lost their mothers in child birth when they where born. What it means I don't know but an interesting fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT