ADVERTISEMENT

Possible bow. Thoughts?

what happens if

Harbough tell him thx but no thx and he stays at IA and beats CJ out this spring? you going to admit that JR is the better QB?

Re: what happens if

Rumor is that JR isn't the favored QB on the team. Not necessarily disliked but not the players choice. CJ had the respect of the fanbase, and showed glimpses of why when he got his chances. He was the favored QB during the Tennessee game for a reason. Marvin Mcnutt was very vocal in his opinion of CJ, which was very positive.

JR likely looking elsewhere won't end with Michigan if he's not chose. He'll simply look elsewhere. I'm a big fan of JR, and I think he's a great Hawkeye. His choice is his choice though, and the best thing to do is wish him luck and hope he doesn't have hard feelings.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Harbough tell him thx but no thx and he stays at IA and beats CJ out this spring? you going to admit that JR is the better QB?
I'll admit that KF thinks he's the better QB. Chances are good once Hairball gets a look at JR's weak arm, he won't want him anymore. However he'll never play another down at Iowa. CJB is the new "MAN" Kilroy embrace it !

what if you take your meds, become more sane, realize that CJ had more potential and that Kirk isn't God.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Clarinda you need to use floss, CJ looks more like Jake C than he does Stanzi or Tate, wide right, wide left, in the dirt low right, in the dirt at the players feet and way to hard over the Receivers head. just like JC was.

Clarinda you need to use floss, CJ looks more like Jake C than he does Stanzi or Tate, wide right, wide left, in the dirt low right, in the dirt at the players feet and way to hard over the Receivers head. just like JC was.
Totally disagree, and do you really believe that?

It only took 4 replies for 2222 to take a stroll down memory lane.
Stanzi, Tate, JC? Here I thought you were talking about current Hawks.
Next post, throw some stars at us!

First, no chance he stays, second, no chance Ferentz would let him come back after going shopping for a new team.

Quit throwing KF under the bus! KF selected CJ as his starter on the most recent depth chart and yet you refuse to get behind Coach Ferentz and support his choice.
Quit being a KF hater. Go ahead and follow the quitter to wherever he goes if you don't want to support the Iowa coaching staff!

Aren't you the one who calls posters out for bashing players? This looks a lot like CJ bashing to me. Maybe you are the one who needs to find a new team to root for. Some words of advice for you, if you are going to continuously call people out for bashing players, don't do it yourself.

Of course, common sense does not appear to be your strong suit, so I don't expect you to get it.

one has to wonder what is going on with football scholarships at the University of Michigan if this plays out the way so many on here are betting. UM currently has 7 QBs on the roster. That number is supposed to go up to 9 in the fall with a couple of transfers. This is all before JR shows up. Is Jim Harbaugh really going to use 10 scholarships for QBs?

Or is JR going to Mich on his parents dime and going to essentially be a walk-on? These numbers do not make sense regardless of what Harbaugh thinks of Rudocks talent level.

hawkeye2222 is unable to post here anymore?

party0018.r191677.gif

You're friggin' delusional. What you're describing is your boy Jake R. If he actually sees the open receiver and throws the ball.

No. you don't want that thing. draw link is very important. you need to go get measured at a bow shop. do not buy a bow before doing so.

1) If JR is the better guy, why wouldn't Harbaugh grab him up
2) Just ask Derrick Willies how it went when he tried to leave and come back.

What is your reasoning for being so Anti CJ? He may not end up at Michigan but he is not coming back to Iowa. Just give it up already. He is not coming back, and whether he goes to Michigan or not does not matter.

I liked Jake but imo CJ gives Iowa a better chance to win. Iowa has always done better it seems with QB's who took chances. Long, Banks, Tate, Stanzi just to name a few.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
I liked Jake but imo CJ gives Iowa a better chance to win. Iowa has always done better it seems with QB's who took chances. Long, Banks, Tate, Stanzi just to name a few.
smile.r191677.gif
The complete 180 displayed by about half of the posters on this site from last season is quite astounding (not necessarily you Guido, don't recall your stance). It is like there never was a QB controversy last year and they and Kirk were on the correct side of it all along.

Except for Kilroy. I will at least acknowledge he has stood his ground (until he realizes Jake is actually gone and becomes CJs biggest fan in about 2 weeks).

I always felt CJ had a bigger upside. But i was in the mindset that the coaches knew better than me so no point bitching about who started. My biggest complaint was the ultra conservative play calling that cost us against ISU and Nebraska just to name two games that stood out to me.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
I always felt CJ had a bigger upside. But i was in the mindset that the coaches knew better than me so no point bitching about who started. My biggest complaint was the ultra conservative play calling that cost us against ISU and Nebraska just to name two games that stood out to me.
smile.r191677.gif
Fair enough. Walking out of Kinnick after those two games frustrated me to no end last year as well.

I have gotten measured.

They put me just under 31.
They tried to sell me a kit for 500.

Anything over 200 isn't going to fly with the wife. Again. I get the importance of quality. I just have to find a way to get my feet wet with a tiny budget.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You can find a good one for around that, but your going to have to shop hard, and have some patience. Look for older model mathews or hoyts. Early 2000 models. I sold my mathews lx full riged with a dozen arrows for $300 a couple of years ago. I paid $1000 for it new in 2003.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/spo/3336173328.html

Based on your last post.

Maybe I could talk this guy down some.

Adver, This is nice.... (of course, not near you, but near me! :)

This is what I'd recommend and it would last a very long time, but still can't get around the price tag a bit.
This is the worse time to try to deal on a bow, but you can get a good deal if your patient and persistent.
People want to sell them, and if your firm, they may come around a lot closer to your price.

TCP

Matthews

http://louisville.craigslist.org/spo/3318398946.html

Here's a 2002.

Does not look like a bad deal. What the draw length and poundage on that bow?

That LX that texcowpoke linked is the one you need. Its in fort worth. I have family there and might help to arrange shipping if you need me too. My mother in law is coming up from there at the end of this week. If you bought the bow, I can get it here I will ship it to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT