ADVERTISEMENT

Pokes Hoops Signing Class

Tulsa_Cowboy

Redshirt
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2003
All previously reported commitments signed today…

Cowboy Basketball
Posted: November 09, 2022
STILLWATER, Okla. ---- Oklahoma State men's basketball head coach Mike Boynton announced the signing of four future Cowboys on National Signing Day on Wednesday. The 2023 class features Justin McBride, Jamyron Keller, Connor Dow and Brandon Garrison.

The class, which checks in as the No. 12 class in the country according to 247Sports, is the second-highest ranked class in the Big 12.

"As we continue to build on the foundation that we've laid here, it's imperative that we continue to recruit at a high level," head coach Mike Boynton said. "This four-man class should really help spring us forward. Each of these kids comes from rock solid foundations. Their versatility, skill, and athleticism will give each of them an opportunity to impact our program from the moment they step foot on campus."

Justin McBride I 6'7" Forward I Plano, Texas

Head coach Mike Boynton:
"Justin's game has really taken off over the past six months. He really has attacked his body and elevated his athletic ability as a versatile forward. Justin can really handle the ball, pass, and shoot very effectively. We are excited about his ability to be a three-level scorer and playmaker for us. His family has had a great impact on him having a high-level work ethic. I can't wait to work with Justin."

Notables:
  • Four-star recruit, according to 247Sports.
  • No. 13 overall recruit in the state of Texas, according to 247Sports.
  • Played alongside Jamyron Keller this summer and averaged 13.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists on Nike's EYBL circuit.
  • Shined at the Peach Jam Invitational over the summer, where he averaged 16.8 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. The performance was highlighted with a 33-point game in which he went 5-for-8 from behind the arc.
  • Picked OSU over: Arizona State, Arkansas, Colorado State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, TCU, UNLV
Jamyron Keller I 6'1" Guard I Killeen, Texas

Head coach Mike Boynton:
"
Jamyron is a junk yard dog, blue collar type player. He has a level of toughness that has almost always translated to success in Stillwater. As a lead guard, Jamyron can make plays for himself and for his teammates. An aggressive ball hawking defender, Jamyron's presence will be felt on both ends of the floor. Jamyron comes from a strong and close-knit family and has great coaches in mentors in basketball all of his life."

Notables:
  • Three-star recruit, according to 247Sports.
  • Played a key role in his team, alongside Justin McBride, going undefeated at the Peach Jam Invitational this summer.
  • There, he averaged 15.1 points in seven games while shooting 53 percent from the field with 4.4 rebounds and four assists per game.
  • His performance at the tournament was highlighted with a 24-point outing in which he went 11-for-17 from the field and finished with five assists.
  • Picked OSU over Kansas State, Missouri State, North Texas, Old Dominion, Oral Roberts, Prairie View A&M, Saint Louis, Sam Houston, SMU, Texas State, VCU, Wichita State, Wyoming
Connor Down I 6'6" Guard I Broken Arrow, Okla.

Head coach Mike Boynton:
"
At 6-foot-6 and with a burning desire to improve, Connor is the consummate gym rat. He shoots the best exceptionally well and really has a great feel for the game. He has been coached very well throughout his life thus far. I look forward to coaching Connor and we are excited to welcome him and his family into the Cowboy program."

Notables:
  • Three-star recruit, according to 247Sports.
  • Ranked as the No. 3 overall recruit in the state of Oklahoma.
  • As a junior at Broken Arrow High School, he averaged 15 points per game with 5.0 rebounds.
  • Notably along with those numbers, as a junior, he shot 50 percent from behind the three-point arc.
  • Picked OSU over Jacksonville State, Nebraska-Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota State, Toledo
Brandon Garrison I 6'9" Center I Del City, Okla.

Head coach Mike Boynton:
"
Brandon is the state's best prospect. He's very accomplished having already won a state championship and a gold medal as a member is the USA U18 team in summer 2022. Brandon is a great rebounder and maybe the best passing post player in the country. His impact will be a great one from the moment he arrives in Stillwater. Brandon has been developed by a host of great coaches in both high school and AAU."

Notables:
  • Four-star, and top-ranked in-state recruit for the cycle, according to 247Sports.
  • Dominated over the summer with the U18 United States basketball team to help the U.S. to a gold medal. There, he averaged six points and 4.3 rebounds per game in the six-game tournament. He shot 81 percent from the field while 11 of his 26 rebounds were on the offensive side of the ball.
  • As a junior, he helped Del City to the Class 5A state championship game, where they finished as runners-up.
  • For his efforts last season, he was named the Defensive Player of the Year for the Suburban Conference after averaging 13 points, 10 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game as a junior.
  • Picked OSU over Arkansas, Florida, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa

For more information on the Cowboys, continue to check back with okstate.com.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News