ADVERTISEMENT

OU wins the Big 12 again!

MiccoMacey

Heisman Candidate
Sep 21, 2002
I knew that’s draw you in here. 😀

They're here in Tulsa, but unfortunately I have drill this weekend and can’t attend.

The brackets are out. I think OU falls pretty well in most brackets. At least we’re on the opposite side of OSU when we need to be. Some seeds are head scratchers, but nothing too egregious.

125 - Joey Prata (7 seed) a little low
133 - Anthony Madrigal (7 seed) a little high
141 - Jacob Butler (unseeded) fair
149 - Willie McDougal (2 seed) probably a tad high
157 - Justin Thomas (6 seed) too low
165 - Joe Grello (8 seed) too high
174 - Anthony Mantanona (3 seed) about right
184 - Keegan Moore (7 seed) fair
197 - Jake Woodley (3 seed) fair
285 - Josh Heindselman (8 seed) fair

Going off memory on the seeds more than looking at all the official head-to-head matches, but I think I’m probably close on whether they’re right or not. Would love to get your opinions as well. I like a few pairings more than others (184 we can really take advantage of).

If I predict now, based off the last three duals, I bet we finish 2nd or 3rd.

But this team has been hit and miss all year. Won’t surprise me if we drop to fifth, and since OSU is way down this year it won’t totally surprise me if we win it all again (maybe even outright this year).

I think Woodley has NC skills. Some of his losses are head scratchers.
Thomas can get on a hot streak and is a solid wrestler.
If Keegan Moore keeps that chip on his shoulder he is a handful.
Madrigal was a finalist last year, I think as a lower seed. Why not again this year? At least he’s not the 8 seed….right?
Heinselman will wrestle several one takedown matches.
Prata, I could see him 5th or 6th.
Butler, I see 2 and done.
Grello looks strong as hell, but that’s about it.
McDougal, looked scared against Gfeller. Maybe G is just at that level right now.
Mantanona is always going to be dangerous.

They're here in Tulsa, but unfortunately I have drill this weekend and can’t attend.

The brackets are out. I think OU falls pretty well in most brackets. At least we’re on the opposite side of OSU when we need to be. Some seeds are head scratchers, but nothing too egregious.

Going off memory on the seeds more than looking at all the official head-to-head matches, but I think I’m probably close on whether they’re right or not. Would love to get your opinions as well. I like a few pairings more than others (184 we can really take advantage of).

But this team has been hit and miss all year. Won’t surprise me if we drop to fifth, and since OSU is way down this year it won’t totally surprise me if we win it all again (maybe even outright this year).
So not 10 champs this year, losing confidence in your team? ;)

Reactions: okstatefan
Folks just pat his head and say awwwww,,,,,,,,,but not too hard......its fragile like his ego!! Dad dropped him on his head sometime in the early 70's......never been the same!

Just to nitpick - on an OSU board, “we” refers to OSU. :)

Not to make you feel unwelcome, I was just very confused there for a minute.

“You” guys are certainly dangerous and I agree “you” could win it. NI and ISU are right there too. As a lifer though I hope “we” get over our own BS and stomp the heck out of all of “you”. But then, “we” wanted parity in the Big 12 and “you” have certainly delivered that as of late!

Just to nitpick - on an OSU board, “we” refers to OSU. :)

Not to make you feel unwelcome, I was just very confused there for a minute.

“You” guys are certainly dangerous and I agree “you” could win it. NI and ISU are right there too. As a lifer though I hope “we” get over our own BS and stomp the heck out of all of “you”. But then, “we” wanted parity in the Big 12 and “you” have certainly delivered that as of late!
My bad. As the resident OU fan, I’ll adjust accordingly. 😀

As for okstatefan, you’re just jealous because oberebo likes me best.

Reactions: OAMC99

Put down the damn crack pipe!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT