ADVERTISEMENT

OU Red / White Scrimmage:

125 - Ryan Millhof (white) dec. Sean Williams (red), 5-1
133 - Cody Brewer (red) fall Jacob Rubio (white), 3:50
141 - Trae Blackwell (white) dec. Noah Teaney (red), 5-0
149 - Dryden Dennis (white) dec. Shayne Tucker (red), 4-2 (OT)
157 - Justin DeAngelis (white) tech. fall Brock Wingbermuehle (red), 16-1 (5:25)
165 - Clark Glass (red) maj. dec. Zach Walton (white), 10-2
174 - Nathan Marek (red) dec. Matt Reed (white), 7-6
184 - Greg Wilson (red) dec. Joel Dixon (white), 2-1
197 - Andrew Dixon (red) dec. Brad Johnson (white), 4-3
HWT - Ross Larson (red) dec. Zach Merrill (white), 4-0

Thanks Micco. Did climmons or L dixon figure in at all or are they shirting?

Cran, I count 4. Good for them they must have worked hard.

interesting results with Nathan mereck and matt reed. matt reed teched jordan rodgers this april at fila jrs at 185.

Originally posted by april racer:

No competition for the true freshman @ '25 and '41 (neither will redshirt).

M. Reed and B. Johnson were highly touted recruits two years ago; with national ranking expectations this year.

Getting taken out by two, true, freshman is crushing.

The Sooners will be awful this year; Cody could be looking over his shoulder if this year's a washout.

The two freshman winning could be exciting for the future prospects of the team. I remember how excited we got when defending national champion Johnny Thompson got pinned by Friskhorn. Cannot remember if he was redshirting or coming off his redshirt year.

There was good reason to be excited about Friskhorn. Too bad his medical conditions ended his career. I hope it did not derail his life.

Originally posted by cranberryadams:

Originally posted by april racer:

No competition for the true freshman @ '25 and '41 (neither will redshirt).

M. Reed and B. Johnson were highly touted recruits two years ago; with national ranking expectations this year.

Getting taken out by two, true, freshman is crushing.

The Sooners will be awful this year; Cody could be looking over his shoulder if this year's a washout.
OU fans are probably licking their chops if two highly rated recruits were beaten by true freshman. As usual Cranberry's takes on the situation do not match the reality. This guy is not an OSU fan no matter how much he claims he is and I believe he is an OU fan, just not very tuned into reality. Cody is a good coach and he will not be looking over his shoulder. OU was not expected to be very good this year. They may be better than a lot of people think.

Lance was obviously not chosen to go. I am not certain if it was a weight issue, or if he's just down the pecking order.

I know marek got some bad press for losing his temper at regionals, but I've always liked him as a wrestler. Gritty - tough kid.

Was really surprised to see Walton go. Pretty cool to see three edmond north kids out there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT