ADVERTISEMENT

oSu vs Central Arkansas Observations

OSU_Sports_Nut

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2001
Tulsa
1) Dunn is terrible and not very creative. He calls the same plays way too many times either back-to-back or every other play.

2) Rangel is a turnover waiting to happen. He looks just the same as last year. His play reminds me of a young Spencer Sanders (indecisive, poor accuracy, bad decisions, etc). His first pass should have been intercepted, so in his limited time he should of had two interceptions. Bowman should start and be allowed more time. He had multiple offensive line breakdowns, multiple drops by receivers in critical situations, and Dunn was absolutely terrible calling plays. Gundy played really good and he should be the clear #2.

3) Olie Gordon is the clear #1 RB and deserves the majority of the carries. Nixon is a great 3rd down back due to his speed and ability to catch. I'm not sure yet how I feel about Elijah Collins.

4) Our linebacker play is horrible. Benson is a liability, but so is Collin Oliver (he is a great pass rusher, but struggles with play recognition, has poor instincts, and is a poor tackler in the open field). Having both on the field is a problem. Justin Wright and Nick Martin need to be playing together.

5) Our DB's are going to get abused against a good team. Our safeties cannot defend 12 yards off the ball in man-to-man.

6) Justin Kirkland needs to play more and needs to be in the game on passing situations.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News