ADVERTISEMENT

OSU at Iowa

We can complain and blame till we're blue in the face about the stalling and the bs calls, but at the end of the day we have shown almost 0 ability to generate our own offense. We have quite a few extremely capable wrestlers who also have glaring deficiencies that are getting exploited. It's going to cost us this dual in what may very well end up being embarrassing fashion as well as any real shot a decent result come march.

Tough place to win against this Iowa team, we are a younger improving team. Important thing is are we learning something that will help us in the tourneys. I thinks so, we are competing.
So far we have found a way to lose every match. Sheets was in on the winning takedown but lost his grip and balance and gave up 2. Plott never got on Brands legs once and gave up a takedown so you lose. Wittlake seemed to not have any focus or fire so lost. Surber got rode the whole second period and then clasped hands in the 3rd. Doucette was just beat by a better wrestler. Yes this ref sucks but what do you expect at Iowa. Brands suffocated Plott and Plott could not get off a shot. Plott is not wrestling well and coaches did not seem to prepare Plott for Brands. If losing 6 of the 1st 6 matches is looking good for the Cowboys we are in bad shape.

We can complain and blame till we're blue in the face about the stalling and the bs calls, but at the end of the day we have shown almost 0 ability to generate our own offense. We have quite a few extremely capable wrestlers who also have glaring deficiencies that are getting exploited. It's going to cost us this dual in what may very well end up being embarrassing fashion as well as any real shot a decent result come march.
I’ve watched Kennedy, Brands, Warner, and Cassioppi wrestle a few times. Other than a few times nobody is generating offense against those guys.

Lol Witcraft damn near put Lee in his place, bad fires and got pinned. Didn’t expect anything else.

Hate that d!ckhead.

Reactions: driad
Wasn’t any doubt that Witcraft would try to let it fly. Wasn’t much doubt what would happen.

Did you notice Teske backing up toward outer circle in the 1st, nothing from the ref. In the 3rd Fix comes out of the inner circle & the ref is yelling - center center. ;_;

VV taking down one of their top stallers. Murin gets the TD at the end of the 1st to end 3-2. Get ready for 4 minutes of backwards handfighting.

Reactions: bwel9339
The OSU kids are funny looking. Not sure how else to describe it, just kinda funny looking kids. Not in a good way either

2bd60b8dfabdd00652242e2eefd672ed.jpg

Reactions: Wrassler17
G with a solid win. Pokes lose 8 of 10.
Iowa with 9 takedowns. OSU with 5.

Plott looks like he’s not right , Witlake had his worst match of the year. VV is looking slightly better. Gfeller and Dayton looking solid. 2or 3 AAs?

Reactions: bwel9339
Definitely need 2 weeks of break , had the hardest last 6 weeks in the country
Iowa would be up there as well. They’ve wrestled 7 straight top 16 teams in the last 5 weeks including #1 Penn St. The Big10 is a grind.

VV was the bright spot for me today. Looked like he belonged

Reactions: Toadvine and driad
They had 1 duel a week last 4 weeks missiouri Uni Iowa State South Dakota big 10 level schools we had double duels every week plus Michigan

Reactions: JAY45
I think they had 2 weigh ins a week since the scuffle, mostly tuff teams all 3 Iowa teams in Iowa. They definitely got better. Hoping for a fresh team at big 12s.

Gee lady just because you do not find our team attractive there is no need to mention it because it has nothing to do with wrestling.

Reactions: driad
Really upsets me to know we gave up a home dual with Iowa to wrestle them in Texas last year. I hope we never do that again. These are big matches and you need every advantage you can get. A lot of our guys looked intimidated in Carver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT