ADVERTISEMENT

Orangeblooods bucks!

TexasCowPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
Small ranch North of Denton, TX
Here you go.... nice group of deer! OB, Point out which deer you wanted to ask about his age.

nontypicaldeer2tn.jpg

nicebachelorgrptn.jpg

nontypical1tn.jpg

bachgrp2tn.jpg

showingofftn.jpg

This post was edited on 10/2 10:40 AM by TexasCowPoke

I believe that last pic is also of the non-typ. deer. That is an absolutely gorgeous deer. My first impression of him is that he's around 4.5. He's not old and grizzled yet... but I would still call him fairly mature. Since a trophy's in the eye of the beholder, I'd definitly call him a deer I'd be very proud to take. That would make a very nice mount.

There are hunters on here that I'm sure are better judges than I am, and I'm anxous to hear what they think of him.

Also, You have what might be a nice 10 pointer (if in fact he has eyeguards I can't see) in pic #2. A very nice group of bucks at any rate. Congrats!

I agree 4.5 and a great deer. I would shoot. He will likey grow for the next two years though w/ proper nutrition and a chance to live.

Yes it is a low fence. We have hunted down by Clayton for 20 years. There are some good bucks down there. I was thinking 3 1/2.....

If you keep that corn going year round I would believe 3 1/2 to 4 1/2. He's still a pretty young buck with some badass genetics! That being said unless you have ten thousand acres and he stays pretty much to the center it would be very hard to let him go especially with a bow. You have some year old to 2 year old bucks in the pics that are gonna be just as good in a few years!

pic 2 shows an awesome 10 point. There are 3 sure enough awesome bucks in those pics. The one you are asking about IMHO is a 4.5 deer. To much brisket and middle for 3.5, not grizzly enough for 5.5+ Near impossible to let that deer walk if given the chance. Same could be said for the 10 pt for that matter.

The angle makes it hard, but I would say 3.5 to 4.5...A very good deer with absolutely great potential..

After seeing the broadside picture, I would say 3.5.
This post was edited on 10/14 7:35 PM by HockleyPoke1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT