ADVERTISEMENT

Not understanding

bigpoke24

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Some good news …… Ollie Gordon, Kendall Daniels, and Colin Oliver apparently have come out and said they are solid with OSU even despite the massive portal exodus.

I know every player has to do what’s best for them, but what im not understanding is how some of these guys bail and some are committed?

Yes, I know what is going on and I know a lot of the guys leaving are WR’s point to the obvious. Dunn was an ass to them(im sure he was last year when we were winning and nobody left), we told SS to pound sand when he tried to come back, and no offensive changes. I get all of this.

But at some point entering the portal became more important than sticking it out with your best friend(Boogie Johnson) and brother(Bryson Green) or listening to advice from your father (JPR). And you just up and left your teammates.

Don’t get me wrong, I blame our coaches for this. All the reasons above and lack of communication on Gundys part. That has got to be fixed. Guys leaving here saying they aren’t able to speak with Gundy.

But is there no sense of loyalty anymore? It’s weird to me that some guys are sticking it out while their best friends/teammates are bailing on them.

Bottom line for me, if Gundy was going to say no to SS coming back to osu(and I do see the point of drawing a line in the sand regarding the portal) but you better damn well have a back up plan ready to go. You better have a portal QB locked up and you better communicate that to you freakin players. Again, you tell SS no because the portal bothers you that’s all fine and good. But then you better have a really good freakin plan at Qb and you talk to the team about it.

These WR’s may have stayed had we replaced SS quickly and communicated with them the plans.

So I guess I do understand. Maybe what I don’t understand is how some of these guys are staying here? I’m happy Ollie is committed but in this day and age when it’s so easy to make a change and everybody on offense seems to be making one what is keeping him here?

Reactions: EvilPOKES
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News