ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT HC

Brodie Reece said, "OSU fans not understanding how big this hire is while the rest of the wrestling world is losing their collective minds… is a trip"

I picked this out of the replies to the above Duckworth post on X and it looks like this reflects the current situation, at least to a certain extent. It does appear that to much of the "wrestling world" is LTMs and there is considerable enthusiasm on this board. I certainly hope that everything "they" are saying will come to fruition and I have to admit that, with much sadness for Scott any Cowboy who loses a job from this, I'm getting very excited.

Brodie Reece said, "OSU fans not understanding how big this hire is while the rest of the wrestling world is losing their collective minds… is a trip"

I picked this out of the replies to the above Duckworth post on X and it looks like this reflects the current situation, at least to a certain extent. It does appear that to much of the "wrestling world" is LTMs and there is considerable enthusiasm on this board. I certainly hope that everything "they" are saying will come to fruition and I have to admit that, with much sadness for Scott any Cowboy who loses a job from this, I'm getting very excited.
Far more excited posts than not. Also it's literally day 2 of anybody knowing anything. It's a small percentage of wrestling fans that consume wrestling media every day.

podcast gives a lot of insight into DT is
outlook on training
his girls goats entrepreneurial vision

it’s an interview for the ok st job without it being so

Reactions: AtownPoke and JAY45
Taylor to Oklahoma State bad for Pa., good for wrestling:

I found this online this morning written by a Pennsylvanian in a Pennsylvanian newspaper. Good article with no negatives toward OSU.
From the article:

"Many of the nation’s best high school wrestlers are already in Pennsylvania and, if they aren’t, they might be lured here to train with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club before enrolling at Penn State."

That's why you build the RTC. I can't recall how many studs have forgone their senior year of high school to move to State College to wrestle with the RTC. They have even named it "blue shirting". After success in college, those kids go on to the RTC and the cycle rinses and repeats.

From the article:

"Many of the nation’s best high school wrestlers are already in Pennsylvania and, if they aren’t, they might be lured here to train with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club before enrolling at Penn State."

That's why you build the RTC. I can't recall how many studs have forgone their senior year of high school to move to State College to wrestle with the RTC. They have even named it "blue shirting". After success in college, those kids go on to the RTC and the cycle rinses and repeats.
To be fair, OSU has done an amazing job at the high school part and "blue shirting". OSU's issue has been the senior level guys sticking around.

To be fair, OSU has done an amazing job at the high school part and "blue shirting". OSU's issue has been the senior level guys sticking around.
That’s what I had thought. Smith’s coaches clinics and training sessions at high schools. Wasn’t that what Ferrari was returning from when he had the wreck?

Also, Gilman needs a boot man. Those boots are comfortable, but not “punchy.”

DT has a shoulder injury it looks like too.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Do we know at what point Chad Richison got involved with OSU Wrestling to the point he was willing to pony up to get DT? Was it the minute John retired or did he approach Weiberg sometime in the past? Interesting he never ponied up while JS was coach to this extent.

Also I like that DT’s guys are not all from PSU.JS seemed to only hire his guys.I like the well rounded approach with multiple guys from multiple programs.

OK States biggest issue has been wrestlers getting better. They always have some of the top recruiting classes, but the kids never get any better. That has been the biggest issue before this past season!

OK States biggest issue has been wrestlers getting better. They always have some of the top recruiting classes, but the kids never get any better. That has been the biggest issue before this past season!
I don’t think they are unrelated. Guys aren’t improving because we have had almost zero senior level athletes in the room.

Do we know at what point Chad Richison got involved with OSU Wrestling to the point he was willing to pony up to get DT? Was it the minute John retired or did he approach Weiberg sometime in the past? Interesting he never ponied up while JS was coach to this extent.

Also I like that DT’s guys are not all from PSU.JS seemed to only hire his guys.I like the well rounded approach with multiple guys from multiple programs.
I addressed this in a previous message on the board.

Reactions: vhsalum
what is the relationship between DT and Gilman? I was surprised to see that Gilman was immediately talked about as following DT to OSU to coach

what is the relationship between DT and Gilman? I was surprised to see that Gilman was immediately talked about as following DT to OSU to coach
They’ve been on International Teams and Gilman trained at the NLWC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT