ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT HC

Willie said the owner of PayCom was a new booster and an integral part of this. Worth noting this guy is a billionaire.
Interesting, the CEO is Chad Richison, but he's a UCO alum and has donated millions to their sports programs. I did see this article from last year where he's complaining about the UCO President hire. Maybe he decided to start giving to OSU instead? I don't know, seems weird if he's now donating a lot to OSU.

Interesting, the CEO is Chad Richison, but he's a UCO alum and has donated millions to their sports programs. I did see this article from last year where he's complaining about the UCO President hire. Maybe he decided to start giving to OSU instead? I don't know, seems weird if he's now donating a lot to OSU.

Chad wants the whole state of Oklahoma wrestling to be strong and he knows that starts with a strong OSU wrestling and RTC room and trickles down. That’s what this is about.

Chad wants the whole state of Oklahoma wrestling to be strong and he knows that starts with a strong OSU wrestling and RTC room and trickles down. That’s what this is about.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Everybody knows that in order for wrestling to continue to flourish in this state you need a strong OSU program. There is no other program not even OU that can carry that load. It all trickles down from there.

Just popping in to congratulate you Cowboy fans on the new hire. It's going to be a great ride for you folks. Great fans and a great program! Welcome back to the center of the mat. And further pushing Hawkeye Nation into irrelevance. Hold onto those pistols, it's gonna be fun!

Last edited:
Besides Oklahoma State, another program that will benefit from this hire will be the Oklahoma Sooners. With Taylor & company, the program will have many more recruits from around the country. OSU will not be taking nearly as many wrestlers from Oklahoma now & the Sooners can pick them up.

There is still a chance that Coach Taylor is our rep at the Olympics, with the rumors of Brooks PED pop at U23 last year. Wonder what that does if anything to preparations/rtc. Having an Olympian would be big for CWC also.

Well the Cowboys got the coach Iowa fans wanted. We're trying to take the attendance record from them. I'm hoping this new facility beats the one the Hawkeyes just built.

When I said I revel in "taking" everything from Hawkeye fans, I wasn't sh!tn ya...
Attendance record will be purely based on what football game they select to have this dual before. If it’s a good football game you’ll break the record. Wrestling isn’t selling that many tickets by itself.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Currently on roster not mentioned above would be Spratley, Jamison, and Williams. Plott has one year left and will benefit greatly with DT.

Big one to keep in mind is Lockett. We have to keep Lockett on board. That's why I think its important for Zo to stick around in some fashion. He also has a great relationship with Jax. He's done great things with the Stillwater guys and could possibly morph M2 into what already exists. I would like to see Caldwell stick around too as he has helped a lot with recruiting and the guys really like him.
For sure.

Well the alumni I’ve spoken with are thrilled and wanted this to happy last year. Of course they hate it personally for CS and staff but they’ve thought a house cleaning needed to happen.

No decision was going to make everyone happy but I think you can see by the national reaction this is considered a HR hire.

Not a Ok St fan so I'm not sure exactly what Coleman Scott means to ya'll but I'll honestly say I feel they made the absolute best decision here. My worries for PSU short term is that I can think of a couple guys right now that I could see jumping ship ...elite guys that may have other elite guys keeping them out of the lineup for a year or two. Long term, David is going to be a great recruiter but Ok St. already had that. I think the biggest thing with this hire is not many people have the insight that David has gained in how and what manners Cael used to build his dynasty. From dodge ball to training techniques, to weight cutting to psychology (PSUs Bonnie).... there really is a secret sauce in there somewhere. David Taylor knows what that secret sauce is...
I feel Cael and co. can judge a kids trajectory better than anyone else. David can coach them up sure but it is yet to be seen If he can pick the guy with the highest potential ceiling.

Reactions: vhsalum
I feel Cael and co. can judge a kids trajectory better than anyone else. David can coach them up sure but it is yet to be seen If he can pick the guy with the highest potential ceiling.
Kids aren’t just on rails. Coaches develop and help push kids to the next level. I truly think PSU has just been that good at it. They start with a good product but they level up.

He is also connected to the Surber family and tuttle wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT