ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT HC

As someone who’s been a bit out of the national wrestling landscape lately, what’s the story here?

Zahid was likely going to beat Brooks who ended up upsetting DT on the OTT.

DT has always had Zahids number and likely wins that finals matchup and would be on his way to Paris this summer and not to Stillwater.

Went over to the PSU and Iowa boards for a minute this morning. They are absolutely worried about this hire bringing us back to the top. Wouldn’t have gotten that with Scott. Iowa fans are absolutely grieving haha

looking at the hire through this lens

one candidate is news

the other shakes the earth crashing plates out of the cupboard

I feel very confident in saying Coleman will not be on staff. I'm sure he didn't take the news very well. I bet we will see some portal entrants and maybe a decommit or two but we will be fine, IMO. This stuff usually happens with coaching changes.
Do you know for sure of any of this? First hand? Or just guessing?

If guessing, why? What does it help?

Do you know for sure of any of this? First hand? Or just guessing?

If guessing, why? What does it help?
Only on this board. All of the big recruiting guys like Willie, Pyles etc don’t share that opinion but Willie also said it makes zero difference in his opinion so it may just be that he’s not put much thought into it.

Well I honestly think John is going to be pretty involved behind the scenes. David has to have a lifeline that’s not Cael. There are parts of the culture that need to change but John will be able to help a lot with the day to day that has everyone worried. That or he needs to find a way to hire CS as AHC.
Yeah, John and alumni are very important. There is some legacy stuff that does need to be done away with.

Reactions: bwel9339
I don’t wanna lose anyone but guys we can’t lose are Carroll, Hughes, and who else?
Currently on roster not mentioned above would be Spratley, Jamison, and Williams. Plott has one year left and will benefit greatly with DT.

Big one to keep in mind is Lockett. We have to keep Lockett on board. That's why I think its important for Zo to stick around in some fashion. He also has a great relationship with Jax. He's done great things with the Stillwater guys and could possibly morph M2 into what already exists. I would like to see Caldwell stick around too as he has helped a lot with recruiting and the guys really like him.

There will be far more that want to come to OSU now that otherwise wouldn’t have to more than make up for anyone that wants to leave in the short term.

I doubt too many if any leave as they will want to be a part.

If you are around wrestling at any level, David Taylor is viewed as a god. There isn’t anyone who doesn’t know who he is.

this is the delusion i’m here for

the playing field has been leveled
let’s get it on

Currently on roster not mentioned above would be Spratley, Jamison, and Williams. Plott has one year left and will benefit greatly with DT.

Big one to keep in mind is Lockett. We have to keep Lockett on board. That's why I think it’s important for Zo to stick around in some fashion. He also has a great relationship with Jax. He's done great things with the Stillwater guys and could possibly morph M2 into what already exists. I would like to see Caldwell stick around too as he has helped a lot with recruiting and the guys really like him.
I could see Tyler at missiouri with maple, Kansas kids started at Oklahoma together, or possibly at ou, it’s no secret what his resume is… just a blind guess.

PSU fan here. Congrats to OSU! You guys are lucky to have him, and many of us couldn't be happier for David and you all. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous what this will do to PSU, but in all fairness parity is a good thing and this will be great for wrestling as a whole. I'll definitely be cheering on OSU against anyone not PSU! Looking forward to what the future brings for our sport. 🤝

I find it funny the Carter has that approach when their entire program was built on someone changing because of the money. Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

LFG!!! I'm just waiting to hear where I need to donate money, PWP or the CWC?

Well one thing's for sure: this forum is about to get a lot busier!

Been an avid OSU wrestling fan since my parents started taking me to duals 30 years ago, was going to keep being one regardless of who got hired. Can't deny that it's exciting to see all this attention on OSU wrestling. Expectations are going to be sky high and that's a good thing for a historic program. Of course you feel for Coleman and the current staff, I'm sure it stings but anyone in college athletics knows that coaching shuffles are part of the profession. Go Pokes!

Went over to the PSU and Iowa boards for a minute this morning. They are absolutely worried about this hire bringing us back to the top. Wouldn’t have gotten that with Scott. Iowa fans are absolutely grieving haha
Not a Ok St fan so I'm not sure exactly what Coleman Scott means to ya'll but I'll honestly say I feel they made the absolute best decision here. My worries for PSU short term is that I can think of a couple guys right now that I could see jumping ship ...elite guys that may have other elite guys keeping them out of the lineup for a year or two. Long term, David is going to be a great recruiter but Ok St. already had that. I think the biggest thing with this hire is not many people have the insight that David has gained in how and what manners Cael used to build his dynasty. From dodge ball to training techniques, to weight cutting to psychology (PSUs Bonnie).... there really is a secret sauce in there somewhere. David Taylor knows what that secret sauce is...

Don’t forget a singlet pull

Also a Kyven Gadsen tweet during NCAAs. It started a (false) rumor that Iowa’s AD was talking to DT about Iowa’s coaching job. It got people talking about DT as a serious candidate and probably caught the attention of a few folks down in Oklahoma.

We're currently negotiating all that as we speak...
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT