ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT HC

What say you osu2082??

Pretty incredible and shocking turn of events. Money talks and this program needed a shot in the arm. It appears to have gotten it today.

You feel for CS and those that felt secure due to the plan put in place a year ago but no contractual promises were made.

Very high ceiling type of hire with the potential to be landscape altering but it does come with some risks.

Pretty incredible and shocking turn of events. Money talks and this program needed a shot in the arm. It appears to have gotten it today.

You feel for CS and those that felt secure due to the plan put in place a year ago but no contractual promises were made.

Very high ceiling type of hire with the potential to be landscape altering but it does come with some risks.
I believe you are spot on !

Congrats to Oklahoma State! My nephew wrestles for Taylor at M2. In addition to being a world-class wrestler, Taylor is fantastic working with the kids, very approachable and generous with his time, and just a really nice guy. Super-community oriented as well, and those are qualities I am sure he'll take with him to Stillwater.

I, too, feel bad for Scott. Seems like a good dude, but you guys hit an absolute grand slam here. It's going to be fun to watch PSU and OSU battle it out for the next decade(s).

Last edited:
How do we incorporate the OSU culture?
Well I honestly think John is going to be pretty involved behind the scenes. David has to have a lifeline that’s not Cael. There are parts of the culture that need to change but John will be able to help a lot with the day to day that has everyone worried. That or he needs to find a way to hire CS as AHC.

Homerun. Let’s ffffffff goooooo
Congrats from a long term DT fan. I’ve sat with the Taylor family at a bunch of events over the past 15 years (including the recent Olympic Trials). The whole family is 1st rate. David definitely has the “it factor” and will be dedicated to bringing the very best talent to Stillwater ….. and you can be damned sure they will get the best technical and MENTAL preparation in the country. I’m instantly an Okie State fan. The feeling is not terribly different than when Cael came on board with my Nits 15 years ago. Damn! Terrifically good things are gonna happen. Now - LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN!!!

How ya doing? Seems DT had other ideas.
Agreed! Congrats! You got an all timer. I suspect the family had a good chat, options were considered, and in the end they did what almost every wrestling family does ….. they decided to reach as high as possible. I had a chance at several nationals to run across John Smith during his late night hotel lobby ruminations. Tough minded guy. David will be equally intense, but, has a flex in his human interactions (perhaps picked up from Cael, but, more likely his upbringing). So many kids want to be around David. Along with the tremendous tradition at OSU, David is going to lasso more than his share of the crème.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see what Perry can do under different leadership. I think the family dynamic at times was pretty crazy. I think it would be a mistake not to keep some OSU voices in the room, maybe not all of them but kind of look at what Lutz has done over for basketball. Kept two OSU guys in Sutton and Page but then also filled up the rest of room with guys he felt comfortable coaching with.

Personally I think CS, Perry and Caldwell would be guys I'd try to find a place for but maybe some of them want to try some new scenery.

Any reason there's not a story about this on Okstate.com? I went looking to see when a press conference might be held and didn't see anything about this.

I feel very confident in saying Coleman will not be on staff. I'm sure he didn't take the news very well. I bet we will see some portal entrants and maybe a decommit or two but we will be fine, IMO. This stuff usually happens with coaching changes.

Reactions: Wrestleks
I feel very confident in saying Coleman will not be on staff. I'm sure he didn't take the news very well. I bet we will see some portal entrants and maybe a decommit or two but we will be fine, IMO. This stuff usually happens with coaching changes.
Maybe so. On the flip side, there will be an overwhelming amount of moverment TOWARD Oklahoma State that didn’t previously exist. It seems more likely than not that most will want to stick around and be a part.

OSU is now the next big thing.

Maybe so. On the flip side, there will be an overwhelming amount of moverment TOWARD Oklahoma State that didn’t previously exist. It seems more likely than not that most will want to stick around and be a part.

OSU is now the next big thing.
The initial shock and disappointment of not being Coleman will quickly wear off and I think these guys will be fired up for the future. Especially the upper weight guys. If not then best of luck elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT