ADVERTISEMENT

New Wrestling facilities

Is this the combination of Women's basketball and wrestling facilities to be built east of Gallagher Iba?

Just a personal take, but its a lot easier to donate money to something when you know where that money is going towards, opposed to just giving money. Same principle with federal taxes, sure would like to know how that money is being spent. But that is a conversation for a different forum.

Just a personal take, but its a lot easier to donate money to something when you know where that money is going towards, opposed to just giving money. Same principle with federal taxes, sure would like to know how that money is being spent. But that is a conversation for a different forum.
Pretty sure you can just pop over to the political sub forum if you want to go down that road. It’s only one click away!

Reactions: slickr3
Are they in the process of raising money for all these new facilities or do they already have the funds? I saw the cost was estimated at $350mil for everything. I’m just confused as to why they would already have all the plans, designs and estimates but not the money.

Are they in the process of raising money for all these new facilities or do they already have the funds? I saw the cost was estimated at $350mil for everything. I’m just confused as to why they would already have all the plans, designs and estimates but not the money.
Are you willing to give $100M without seeing a plan?

Reactions: Pokewood
New facilities would be nice, but it's not a high priority IMO. 1st is NIL, 2nd is the RTC, and then facilities.

If donors want to see Cowboy wrestling win team & individual titles, they'd be better off funding NIL opportunities. That's how you get the top 5 PFP recruits like Fix, Ferrari, Plott, Thompson, Carroll & Lockett. Plus transfers from the portal.

$1M would fund 5 guys @ $50K/yr for 4 years. A much better ROI.

IME that's generally how it goes in large scale construction. You prepare plans and then get the funding/approval to build. Without plans you can't have an accurate idea of cost and the worst thing to funders is for you to show up and ask for more funds.

New facilities would be nice, but it's not a high priority IMO. 1st is NIL, 2nd is the RTC, and then facilities.

If donors want to see Cowboy wrestling win team & individual titles, they'd be better off funding NIL opportunities. That's how you get the top 5 PFP recruits like Fix, Ferrari, Plott, Thompson, Carroll & Lockett. Plus transfers from the portal.

$1M would fund 5 guys @ $50K/yr for 4 years. A much better ROI.
It's good to have both options available for donors, it seems. Some big dog donors may want to make a legacy donation that will last for generations (facilities) as opposed to funding athletes that may or may not pan out. I can see a football donor being willing to donate to wrestling facilities and not necessarily to the RTC.

Reactions: Tarem and Pokewood
It's good to have both options available for donors, it seems. Some big dog donors may want to make a legacy donation that will last for generations (facilities) as opposed to funding athletes that may or may not pan out. I can see a football donor being willing to donate to wrestling facilities and not necessarily to the RTC.
Coach Smith in an interview this week was asked about the new facility plans and started talking about the new facilities seemed to indicate that they will not help us win more. Then switched directions about we don't have enough practice room with only 3 mats for 38 wrestlers and needs 5 or 6 just monitoring to make sure the wrestlers don't get hurt falling or crashing into each other. John's old thinking does not help him sometimes. There could be a reason we haven't got new facilities. I remember John talking about the old facilities, down in a basement I think they called it the dungeon or something like that and John liked it. Maybe I remember this from long ago.

Reactions: Pokewood
John had to keep ahead of the Soviets for 6 years to stay the best. He did it with hard work, so things like facilities probably don't mean a whole lot to him.

It terms of fundraising, $ follows success. People want to be associated with winning. Get some studs with the NIL $, win a title or 2, and then watch how quickly $ comes in for the facilities. IIRC, PSU got the $5M RTC donation after they won 4 straight championships.

Reactions: Toadvine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT