ADVERTISEMENT

New Scope

CrazyChuckCarbo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2002
Okc
Looking for a scope to take shots up out to 1000 yards but don't want to break the bank. I have a Vortex 1-4X24 Viper PST 30mm that I have on a .308 and it's good quality. The scope would be for a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor that I'm hoping to get over the next couple months. I'm not wanting to spend more than $600 and wondered what anyone would recommend. Thanks.

You could stay in the Vortex family and get a Viper HS LR 4x16x50. Its right at $600 on CameralandNy.com. Or the Viper HS-T 4x16x44 for $569.

Reactions: CrazyChuckCarbo
I talked to my brother-in-law who happens to be the Vortex rep for Tx, LS, and ARK and he said if you were wanting to stay south of $600, the HS-T would be a good choice. Don't get the Diamondback HP 4x16.

He usually has some demos for sale, but he didn't have any at the moment.

There are other good choices out there besides Vortex. I've just never had an issue with them, and that's all I run in my binos, spotting scope, rifle scopes, and having my bro-in-law work for them obviously is a perk.

For shooting that far, I'd strongly recommend scopes that have milling reticles and first focal plane.

At that price point you can get good glass, not great, but shooting steel at distance doesn't require Schmidt and Bender quality. I would argue that at some point going to the big dollar scopes will be really important, especially if hunting comes into the picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT