ADVERTISEMENT

New Beer

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
Brombeere from Odell -- blackberry Gose. Great summer beer.

Also, if you're ever in Fort Collins and you're a beer geek, you owe it to yourself to go to Funkwerks. The place is distinctly low rent, but the beer is world class. Right up the street from Odell. Blows New Belgium out of the water IMO.

I will definitely look for this one. I really like that Gose has become a popular style in the last few years. Odell is always solid. Destihl out of Illinois showed up in the DFW market a couple of months ago. They have several really good sour beers. Tried a raspberry Berlinerweisse last night that was very good.

Pipeworks is expanding. They introduced some distribution on the East coast to gauge interest, which was unsurprisingly off-the-charts. Maybe they'll distribute to points south.

One of the nice things about moving to central Illinois is being close to Destihl. There's also a new small brewery along the Sangamon River outside of Springfield called Rolling Meadows. They have a maple brown imperial ale and a traditional Hefe that I really liked. Worth seeking out in a large grocery store if you happen to pass through Springfield, Bloomington, or Peoria. They've started some Chicago distribution too, and I think will be in St Louis soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT