ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA

[/QUOTE]

Actually not surprised Daton lost. I wish he'd let things fly a little more against top guys.

Some of y’all are so dumb, you can’t just “let it fly” against guys like RBY or the takedown in OT is gonna happen.

Reactions: Dugan2035
Fix had time to get another stall point off he had pressed him but he just did nothing but hang on his head.

the second stall was absolutely correct and i appreciate the official having the stones to call it

dude fled the mat

Yes and no. It should have been called more in the second period when he made no attempt other than to hook Daton’s leg the whole period.

It was very fortunate that the points came so quickly back to back that’s almost never seen at the NCAAs. I’m talking about the second and third stall calls coming in like 15 seconds of each other.

RBY is quick his plan was just to use his speed and counter Daton the whole match. Daton is good but he seems to not let it loose in the finals.

I can’t say much I never made a college team. My biggest stage was winning an Ok State title. Fix’s ceiling could be a World Champ, and Olympian.

Fix is so technically strong wish he’d let it loose just a bit more.

He’s my favorite to watch now that Chandler is gone.

I can't believe any poke fan would come on this board and say something bad about the way a Cowboy wrestled. That's tantamount to sacrilege; shame on you all. (much sarcasm intended!)

Reactions: je55m00r3
RBY rode Fix, pretty easily, the entire second period. Fix was lucky to get it to OT. RBY better than Fix in folkstyle right now. Fix is still a two time finalist (both losses in OT) with 2-3 more years of eligibility. Fix is also 23 years old so who knows how long he'll stay in college?

Yes and no. It should have been called more in the second period when he made no attempt other than to hook Daton’s leg the whole period.

It was very fortunate that the points came so quickly back to back that’s almost never seen at the NCAAs. I’m talking about the second and third stall calls coming in like 15 seconds of each other.

RBY is quick his plan was just to use his speed and counter Daton the whole match. Daton is good but he seems to not let it loose in the finals.

I can’t say much I never made a college team. My biggest stage was winning an Ok State title. Fix’s ceiling could be a World Champ, and Olympian.

Fix is so technically strong wish he’d let it loose just a bit more.

He’s my favorite to watch now that Chandler is gone.

i agree stalling is never called so quickly for lack of action

my point is the third call was a direct result of fleeing the mat

had nothing to do with lack of action

I‘m not even sure what this means. Most of the Penn State wrestlers are going to end the tourney with a loss, just like Boo and Travis.

Ummm.... so far 4 of their 6 AAs have finished with a win, with the last 2 tbd.

Don’t get me wrong. I am super proud of our team. I was afraid we might not finish in the top 5, so to lock up 3rd with 8/9 outperforming their seeds is a great showing for this team. But it’s clear we have a lot of work to do to compete with PSU and Iowa. PSU clearly scouted their finals opponents and made necessary adjustments to win at 133 & 141. I really don’t want to see them with 4 champs :/

Reactions: Air_Thurman
A little dramatic, don’t you think??

Let’s just shut down the program because Fix lost in OT in the Championship finals to a guy that backed up the whole match.

If Ferrari wins can we keep it? Or was Fix losing too much to overcome?

We haven’t won a championship in 15 years and counting. Programs have evolved and passed us by. Elite level recruits have been going elsewhere with regularity and the one we got recently is now 0-2 in finals and strengthens the perception that OSU has lost the edge in developing elite level wrestlers.

Look at Lee and Iowa and what he has turned into. Look at a slew of PSU guys... We have made significant changes to our staff and recruiting approach and have on paper brought in more talent than we have in over a decade. We absolutely must develop them and hang a few banners. This hopeful run is that critical to our program and when we see a guy like Daton just not develop as hoped it’s a blow to that hope.

Some of y’all are so dumb, you can’t just “let it fly” against guys like RBY or the takedown in OT is gonna happen.
[/QUOTE]
Let it fly may be the wrong term. I love Daton, but how many take downs does he have against Rby and Suriano?

I don't think Fix losing or winning would've made a ton of difference for the future of the program....I mean after all, we haven't won since 06....doesn't mean he hasn't developed. RBY was simply better today...let's not act like the sky is falling just yet!!

Last edited:
A little dramatic, don’t you think??

Let’s just shut down the program because Fix lost in OT in the Championship finals to a guy that backed up the whole match.

If Ferrari wins can we keep it? Or was Fix losing too much to overcome?
No we should not shut down the Program and 2082 is not saying that. He is saying this but there was an opportunity to jump the Program a level tonight. We have not had a Champion for a long time hopefully we get 1 at 197. This is a forum to express opinions and your response is inappropriate. You must be close to Daton to respond with such anger. Also I am sure that everyone on this forum is glad that Daton is a Cowboy but this hurts but I am sure that Daton is devastated and hurt way more than all of us. He has had a very tough year.

Boo- 15.5 team points
Travis- 15.5 team points
I'm not mad at thier placement (4th and 4th); those are great. I'm mad at their performaces in their last matches. I believe Boo and Travis were the superior wrestlers in thier last bouts and didn't try hard enough. That's why I pointed out the effort of Sheets and Geer. JMHO

Reactions: skylinepoke
We haven’t won a championship in 15 years and counting. Programs have evolved and passed us by. Elite level recruits have been going elsewhere with regularity and the one we got recently is now 0-2 in finals and strengthens the perception that OSU has lost the edge in developing elite level wrestlers.

Look at Lee and Iowa and what he has turned into. Look at a slew of PSU guys... We have made significant changes to our staff and recruiting approach and have on paper brought in more talent than we have in over a decade. We absolutely must develop them and hang a few banners. This hopeful run is that critical to our program and when we see a guy like Daton just not develop as hoped it’s a blow to that hope.
Main difference the RTC’s and paying guys to be a part no?

Reactions: turfpoke
I'm not mad at thier placement (4th and 4th); those are great. I'm mad at their performaces in their last matches. I believe Boo and Travis were the superior wrestlers in thier last bouts and didn't try hard enough. That's why I pointed out the effort of Sheets and Geer. JMHO
I respect your opinion. My opinion is that expecting the most out of every single wrestler every single match is only going to lead to disappointment.

Reactions: NEcowboy
I think Travis used all of his emotion up on beating the Ohio St kid in the consi semi's, he looked emotionally drained in the 3rd place match

I respect your opinion. My opinion is that expecting the most out of every single wrestler every single match is only going to lead to disappointment.
Thank you. I have no problem with people disagreeing with my opinion, that's their opinion. I just don't want to be disparaged for mine. That is not a argument.

I appreciate what you're saying about disappointment, but what can you do. Oklahoma State Wresting, Boston Red Sox and Dallas Cowboys fan; all with great highs and lows and I am always disappointed with the lows.

GTFO of here with the “just didn’t try hard enough” bs. I dare anyone that thinks that to man up and say that to their face. So no, I do not respect your opinion and do not agree to disagree.
As I said, that is not an argument, it's just emotions run amuck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT