ADVERTISEMENT

Narrative Busted: Colonialism and Slavery Did Not Make British Empire Wealthy, Report Finds

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

Article makes complete sense, so this will be the next book on my list to buy/read. Few benefited while those that didn't benefit bore the tax burden to ensure the success of those few by paying for the military & other services.

Article makes complete sense, so this will be the next book on my list to buy/read. Few benefited while those that didn't benefit bore the tax burden to ensure the success of those few by paying for the military & other services.

Where does the IEA get its funding???

carry on

Why didn’t your mother abort you.. 😀

Thanks for reinforcing your status as my b!tch. You can’t man up and answer a simple and relevant question yet again…

What Covid wonderdrug was it your daughter took again??? 🤨

Rinse, repeat…

carry on

I'm surprised this is new information for some. As the British Empire expanded, it cost money to fund the expansion. It taxed the English people into a revolution in the Americas, and culminated in the industrial revolution at home, all of which only benefited a few already rich elites.

Try looking into the percentage of slaves brought to the United States compared to everyone else. The results will shock you.

I'm surprised this is new information for some. As the British Empire expanded, it cost money to fund the expansion. It taxed the English people into a revolution in the Americas, and culminated in the industrial revolution at home, all of which only benefited a few already rich elites.

Try looking into the percentage of slaves brought to the United States compared to everyone else. The results will shock you.
Then there's history, and facts. 👍

Thanks for reinforcing your status as my b!tch. You can’t man up and answer a simple and relevant question yet again…

What Covid wonderdrug was it your daughter took again??? 🤨

Rinse, repeat…

carry on
I've got to say it's amazing how you @ClintonDavidScott and @Ponca Dan are living rent free in the Pavlov Gang's noggins. Your Neo Marxists politics are childish and destructive bullschiz but I still marvel at the position you taken in so many minds. LOL

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

Hundreds of historian say opposite of this, but since one guy has a different opinion it would be acceptable to some on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Hundreds of historian say opposite of this, but since one guy has a different opinion it would be acceptable to some on this board.
“Hundreds” of “historians”.😂 These are the few new progressive historians who gained their degree recently from Marxist liberal schools and make up history and go around telling the youth to take down monuments.

We can't change history but we can learn from history if it is truthful and not distorted to fit a narrative. Unfortunately to many people distort history to fit a narrative they feel will benefit them today.

The real question is why would this ever matter? If these conclusions are right or wrong is totally irrelevant other than a learning opportunity to better understand.

The reason people are latching on to this is that it helps define 'victimhood'. Which is relative bullshit. Everyone is a victim throughout history. It's just a matter of how far back do you go. As such, victimhood is meaningless. Take control of your actions and own your own future. Anything less is just you allowing those that wronged your ancestors to continue to wrong you - which is just weakness in your character.

The real question is why would this ever matter? If these conclusions are right or wrong is totally irrelevant other than a learning opportunity to better understand.

The reason people are latching on to this is that it helps define 'victimhood'. Which is relative bullshit. Everyone is a victim throughout history. It's just a matter of how far back do you go. As such, victimhood is meaningless. Take control of your actions and own your own future. Anything less is just you allowing those that wronged your ancestors to continue to wrong you - which is just weakness in your character.

Absolutely irrelevant. I love the IEA's perspectives, but discussing "colonialism" is nothing bu irrelevant historical machination.

Tend to agree with you on this point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT