ADVERTISEMENT

My little fish

Jeff J.

Jul 6, 2003
By a twist of fate, I was on the Redneck Rivera twice in a three-week span. First for a youth baseball tournament in Gulf Shores, AL (which turned out to be a disaster), then Panama City Beach for a trip with my mom's side of the family that had been planned for nearly a year. Having done the beach thing quite a bit, I decided I wanted to fish. Our beach in PCB wasn't great for surf fishing (second sand bar was way too far to reach), though I did catch a few Ladyfish, hardhead cats and a sting ray. Took a charter with my son, brother, his son and brother in law. Mostly bottom-fished, but the deckhand also threw out a live-line on lightweight gear to troll. Looping around to get back on the hot spot, I saw a fish leave the water and miss the minnow by a millimeter. A few seconds later, he was on and I got to fight it. Lemme telll ya, it was one helluva fight on that light gear (spinning rod, with 20lb test), fighting what is arguably the fastest fish in the world.

1267003.jpg

Wahoo!!!!!

Dally a 3-4 miles. Beside the fact wahoo are hard to catch at all, the captain and first mate couldn't believe we caught one that close to shore.

First one they'd caught in over a year. And yes, they do regularly go out 8-10 miles
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

We went on a dive trip from Kauai and the captain threw out a couple of lines since it was about 12 miles to the sites. Been a while since I posted a pic so hope it works.

Originally posted by Jeff J.:
Nice! What did that one weigh?
I have no idea. We got back in from our dive trip and had to get back around the island to meet other people. They were going to grill it up for all of dive party so we missed that too. Arrrrg, I don't think I've had wahoo before and they say it's the best. Damn sure a nice fish ! ! !

Don't know if you've dove before but we've seen some hugh baracudas I'd like to get on the end of a line. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT