ADVERTISEMENT

MId Term Predictions

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
With apologies to davidallen, who posted something about this in the summer (way too early IMO). This is the thread to amke yoru predictions. Obviosuly, control of the U.S. Senate is the biggest prize (unless you be;ieve there is ANY chance that Debbie Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasserman Schultz is really goign to lead a hard charging Democrat party inmto control of the House), but feel free to preidct whatever you'd like.

Here's my U.S. Senate prediction: GOP adds 8 seats, loses ZERO current seats, making the U.S. Senate make-up 53-47 GOP. The seats the GOP adds will be:

MTARSDWVCOAKLAIA
Both Louisiana and Georgia will likely go to a run-off, and the GOP candidate will win in both states.

I think the GOP picks up 10-15 seats in the House. If they pick up 13, they'd enjoy their largest majority in over 80 years.

Republicans will take control of the Senate with these mid-term elections. Today is a referendum on the last 6 years for Obama and it is not good for Obama. However, what the republicans do for the next two years will determine if they can win the POTUS election in 2016. If they can make movement toward the center on issues like trade, taxes, and immigration then the Republicans will win the POTUS. But if they think that this mid-term result gives them power to move more to the conservative right and not actually accomplish something with the dems in the next two years, that will fuel the Dem's party line of obstanent and en-yeilding republicans and Dems will win POTUS in 2016.

I agree with the gist of what you're saying -- that these elections do not necessairly portend good fortune for the Republicans in 2016. Not at all.

You are also likely correct that the "obstinent and unyielding Repulicans" will be a talking point of the Democrats. However, the truth is that Harry Reid's Senate has been the biggest obstacle to getting anything done.

Another point: when Democrats discuss the parties coming together for consensus or bi-partisanship, they always mean that Republicans need to be more like Democrats, and they have historically had the overwhelming support of the media to make the case that this is precisely what is needed.
This post was edited on 11/4 3:25 PM by Marshal Jim Duncan

Originally posted by BvillePoker:

Today is a referendum on the last 6 years for Obama .
I have a question. If today is a referendum on the last 6 years of Obama and his policies why do the Republicans have to give up this power and compromise? Regardless of what the Republicans do they will be labeled as obstructionists. Libs don't want compromise they want their way or no way. I'm not slamming your points just don't understand this logic.

Republicans, after tonight, need to get off their asses and come out to the public with a vision and direction.

Originally posted by TPOKE:

Republicans, after tonight, need to get off their asses and come out to the public with a vision and direction.
Which has no chance of happening

Originally posted by Bitter Creek:

Originally posted by TPOKE:

Which has no chance of happening
Not much, if any, under the current leadership.

All compromise or being a moderate means is be a Democrat but say you're a Republican.

Screw that government needs a complete overhaul and that is going to require Republicans to be conservative\libertarian pricks.

Compromising with Democrats means nothing but more of the same old crap.

This post was edited on 11/4 5:57 PM by Headhunter

I think that both parties Republicans and Democrats need to move more towards the center and less polarizing on the issues

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:
+7

A big score for castration on this last one.
roll.r191677.gif

So, looks like 54 plus the independent from Maine says he could caucus with the Rs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by squeak:
So, looks like 54 plus the independent from Maine says he could caucus with the Rs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
You could also see someone like Sen. Manchin, D-WV, switch parties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT