ADVERTISEMENT

Make Debates Great Again

OrangeTuono

2nd Team
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2023
The core issue with presidential debates today is the role of the moderator. Instead of facilitating discussion, moderators seem determined to become protagonists, to the detriment of voters at home who expect a real clash of ideas.

My proposed solution is simple: scrap the moderator and revive the debate format that Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas used during the 1858 Senate race.

While current debates are divided into six 15-minute segments, a Lincoln-Douglas debate would invite the first candidate to speak for 60 minutes, the second for 90, and then finally the first for 30. This ensures each candidate fully articulates their positions and critiques the other’s arguments without interruptions.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
How could the leftist activist moderators cover for Biden if they did that. And LOL at Biden being able to articulate his policy visions.

DJT has been invited to speak at the Libertarian convention and has accepted. RFK Jr has also been invited to speak and has accepted, upon which he challenged DJT to a debate while they’re there. It will be interesting to see if Trump will nut up and accept or if he will weasel out and find a reason to get out of it.

The core issue with presidential debates today is the role of the moderator. Instead of facilitating discussion, moderators seem determined to become protagonists, to the detriment of voters at home who expect a real clash of ideas.

My proposed solution is simple: scrap the moderator and revive the debate format that Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas used during the 1858 Senate race.

While current debates are divided into six 15-minute segments, a Lincoln-Douglas debate would invite the first candidate to speak for 60 minutes, the second for 90, and then finally the first for 30. This ensures each candidate fully articulates their positions and critiques the other’s arguments without interruptions.

That would get terrible ratings, presuming either of those nut balls could actually execute that format

DJT has been invited to speak at the Libertarian convention and has accepted. RFK Jr has also been invited to speak and has accepted, upon which he challenged DJT to a debate while they’re there. It will be interesting to see if Trump will nut up and accept or if he will weasel out and find a reason to get out of it.
What would Trump gain from debating RFK? It's not like RFK is a legitimate threat to win the Presidency, even you won't vote for him.

That would get terrible ratings, presuming either of those nut balls could actually execute that format
Fairly certain that Trump could talk for 60 or 90 minutes stitching together at least a few coherent thoughts, intermixed with his usual chest pounding bravado.

Fairly certain as Biden's mental hacking injections wear off he would go from incoherent babbling, to brain freeze, to roomba impersonation to collapsing on the floor heap.

No Dan it's all politics. Politicians don't take risks unless there is a major benefit to them. Where is the benefit to Trump to debate RFK?
Are you admitting that Trump is just another calculating politician like all the others?

Are you admitting that Trump is just another calculating politician like all the others?
In a system that allows billions of dollars to be spent running for office a certain amount of politics is not only necessary it's expected.

In a system that allows billions of dollars to be spent running for office a certain amount of politics is not only necessary it's expected.
So you are admitting that Trump has become a traditional, dare I say establishment, politician. Good to see you man up and tell the truth!

He would be admitting as well that Trump has learned from his first go around and has pulled back some of those things that got him trouble before. Would you admit then that Trump has grown as Presidential candidate?

He would be admitting as well that Trump has learned from his first go around and has pulled back some of those things that got him trouble before. Would you admit then that Trump has grown as Presidential candidate?
Yes, I admit Trump has grown into a traditional politician in the same way Johnson grew as soon as he became Speaker.

Noway nohow will sundown be allowed to debate. Incoherent fool would push the dimms back several election years. Dimms are scrambling and realize they're in a pickle. Trump would absolutely crush sundown in a debate. Imo. 😂

So, one of your sticking points is being taken away. You wanted Trump to moderate, and he did.
Moderate? Are you nuts? The man who in 2016 was going to end our wars “and it would be easy” has gone on a rampage trying to out-genocide Genocide Joe. Have you seen the people he is surrounding himself with over foreign policy advice? No moderates there! No, all appearances are The Donald learned his lesson the first time and wants no backlash from the NeoCon war establishment ever again, he’s joining their ranks if you will. No, no, no, I don’t know how you could get it so wrong, get me so wrong. The last thing I wanted him to do is become an establishment moderate, I want him to get radical!

Moderate? Are you nuts? The man who in 2016 was going to end our wars “and it would be easy” has gone on a rampage trying to out-genocide Genocide Joe. Have you seen the people he is surrounding himself with over foreign policy advice? No moderates there! No, all appearances are The Donald learned his lesson the first time and wants no backlash from the NeoCon war establishment ever again, he’s joining their ranks if you will. No, no, no, I don’t know how you could get it so wrong, get me so wrong. The last thing I wanted him to do is become an establishment moderate, I want him to get radical!
There's the dan we have come to know and lo....tolerate.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Sorry Dan Catlyn Clark is to busy finding genocide in everything.:)

This.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT