ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like theme park/Resort in okc

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
is nothing but a hoax. Addudel looks to be a crook. I thought he was involved with that proposed Theme Park in NE Oklahoma as well. Maybe not.

Developer pulls $3.8M TIF request for resort

A request for $3.8 million in tax increment financing for a resort in northeast Oklahoma City was withdrawn Thursday following reporting by The Oklahoman on the developer’s financial troubles and lawsuits alleging fraud.
David W. Aduddell, who is facing ongoing litigation over allegations of using a shell company to avoid paying creditors, sought the $3.8 million for a campground that would have included cabins, an RV park, trails and resort amenities. Joanna McSpadden, the city’s economic development programs manager, said Thursday the request was put on hold following research on Aduddel and the project. “We haven’t come to an agreement on how to move forward,” McSpadden said. “We are not going to put the project forward to the (Economic Development) Trust or the city council as it is right now with David Aduddell as a partner.”
Shortly after being told of McSpadden’s comments, Aduddell’s attorney, Todd McGinnis, said the TIF request was being withdrawn.
“We believe there is a lot of misinformation about this project,” McGinnis said. “We’re going to remove our application, take a step back and re-assess what we’re doing.”
McGinnis declined to detail the alleged misinformation.
Aduddell declined to comment Thursday, but previously said he lost “a ton of money” during the 2009 financial collapse and has been trying to settle obligations, including with Edgar Pyle, who loaned him money to start a storm shelter company.

“There is some basis to this dispute, but there are two sides of the equation that make up the whole story,” Aduddell previously said. “And yes, I have had several very lean years, but I think that should have nothing to do with the exciting project that I am attempting to help bring to Oklahoma City. “
City staff initially recommended approval of the $3.8 million TIF request when Aduddell unveiled plans on June 28 for the proposed $35 million Block-405 RV& B Resort that would be built at Interstate 35 and NE 36.
The resort was to consist of 200 RV slips, 45 cabins, eight converted train cars and six treehouse-style residences designed by Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters.
Recreational amenities included pickleball, basketball and tennis courts, a pool, zip-line, arcade, fitness center, putting greens, walking trails, paddle boats and multiple dog parks.
City staff were not aware, however, of unpaid legal judgments and allegations of fraud involving prior Aduddell business ventures.

Aduddell testified in a 2022 court case that he was “completely lacking any assets having surrendered everything to various creditors throughout the years” and that he had no bank account and “no cash other than what was within his wallet.”
Pyle’s attorneys, Kelsey Baldwin and Weston Watts, told The Oklahoman they were aware of numerous people with claims of fraud against Aduddell, including disputes in New York, Florida and Texas.
“They don’t have the money to go after this con man,” Baldwin said. “Edgar Pyle has spent six figures going after this con man for years. The other victims don’t have $5,000 to even put down a retainer after having spent $3,000 for a storm shelter or whatever other con he was running that year.”
Aduddell was well on his way through the process of getting approved for the $3.8 million having gotten a recommendation from representatives of Oklahoma County, Metro Tech, the Metropolitan Library System, the Oklahoma City-County Health Department and the city of Oklahoma City.
A presentation to the Economic Development Trust anticipated for July 18 and an ensuing final vote by the Oklahoma City Council were delayed after the allegations were reported by The Oklahoman.
Baldwin said Thursday Aduddell has still not paid the $748,000 due to Pyle.
“I’m in shock,” Baldwin said when told of the pulled request for city assistance. “I’m happy and I am shocked. I’m happy someone finally listened and that hopefully it can prevent future victims from being harmed.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News