ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Check In On Portland

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010
I saw this article the other day, but didn't post it because Portland is done. No need to beat a dead horse cluster f. But this is actually funny. Here's the highights.

From the link.

Opening late last year, the Behavioral Health Resource Center on Southwest Park Avenue was supposed to be an integral part of Multnomah County's efforts to address homelessness and addiction in downtown Portland. It's a day center where people living on the streets can access basic needs and hopefully get connected with help.

Late last month, the BHRC abruptly shut down. County officials originally said that the staff there needed more training to deal with the mental illness-related behaviors and overdoses they were meeting with on a daily basis.

As it turns out, that was only a small part of the truth. There was more going on, and Multnomah County decided the public shouldn't know until after the fact.

The county learned of allegations that contracted workers were having inappropriate relationships with one another, and that a contracted worker was using drugs on the job.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...heft/283-87c9ac7d-fe93-40dd-b81b-7ee1688b1f0a

Only in Portland. I think Greg needs to streamline them buses. Gate codes though. You rainbow warriors aren't afraid are ya?

tumblr_np2lx7ANa31ru5h8co1_540.gif

I saw this article the other day, but didn't post it because Portland is done. No need to beat a dead horse cluster f. But this is actually funny. Here's the highights.

From the link.

Opening late last year, the Behavioral Health Resource Center on Southwest Park Avenue was supposed to be an integral part of Multnomah County's efforts to address homelessness and addiction in downtown Portland. It's a day center where people living on the streets can access basic needs and hopefully get connected with help.

Late last month, the BHRC abruptly shut down. County officials originally said that the staff there needed more training to deal with the mental illness-related behaviors and overdoses they were meeting with on a daily basis.

As it turns out, that was only a small part of the truth. There was more going on, and Multnomah County decided the public shouldn't know until after the fact.

The county learned of allegations that contracted workers were having inappropriate relationships with one another, and that a contracted worker was using drugs on the job.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...heft/283-87c9ac7d-fe93-40dd-b81b-7ee1688b1f0a
Dan would say just step over them as they OD.

Dave would say provide them a safe space. They’re victims.

I say get a giant front end loader and scoop them up and put ‘em in a land fill.

I feel for them poor folks.
Not me, they welcomed the problem let them wallow in it. If they haven't already the Conservatives should just realize the left has destroyed it and its a lost cause. The left will keep voting for it knowing what the result will be and there will be some moving to Canada to escape it not taking any of the blame with them.

Reactions: iasooner2000
What does the data say? Do these guys know they are reacting to a falsehood? Dave can you let Portland know it has not become a self made shithole following the George Floyd riots?

What does the data say? Do these guys know they are reacting to a falsehood? Dave can you let Portland know it has not become a self made shithole following the George Floyd riots?

Like only Oregon can do. They ain't foolin nobody. Except 1 or 2 on this board.

Ordinarily I would feel bad for the innocent, law abiding folks of Portland suffering from this if not for the fact they voted for all of it. Oh well you got what you voted for.

***lives in the #5 highest homeless rate state ahead of Oregon***

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Not me, they welcomed the problem let them wallow in it. If they haven't already the Conservatives should just realize the left has destroyed it and its a lost cause. The left will keep voting for it knowing what the result will be and there will be some moving to Canada to escape it not taking any of the blame with them.
Let's run some numbers....

49th in crime
47th in healthcare
43rd in eduction...

Yes friends and neighbors Arkansas is special.

• Haha
Reactions: 22LR and OUSOONER67
Let's run some numbers....

49th in crime
47th in healthcare
43rd in eduction...

Yes friends and neighbors Arkansas is special.
Those Blue Run Arkansas Cities give all of us a bad name, same for Oregami. 🤣

Just a guess, Little Rock, Pine Bluff aka Crime Bluff, West Memphis to name a few.

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT