ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh

Tate Samuelson transferred from Wyoming to Lehigh. Interested to see Wittlake go against him. Guy was a thorn in Dakota Geer's side.

Other than that I think they win at 157 and 165. 184, 197, and heavy are interesting. Need to get one of those and score bonus at 133.

Surber vs. Beard is matchup of the dual. Carter and Hines is also interesting but I like Carter in a close one.

Reactions: JAY45
Wrestlestat.com has it as a 16-16 dual. Personally I think we might take a couple lower weights they pick for Lehigh but also think a couple upper weights could go their way. I'm not optimistic on a win. Lehigh wrestled last weekend, its a long road trip, first dual for OSU, first time at weight for ~half our lineup and would be another negative if any didn't make scratch weight for the Saturday ranking matches.

PS: looks like a 1 lb allowance for Lehigh dual, that should be slight benefit to us.

Last edited:
I mean yeah I think it's going to be 6-4 in favor of the Pokes with bonus at 133. Not going to be an easy one and could certainly go the other way.

Wrestlestat has Lane over Mastro which I just have a lot of trouble with. Are we to assume that Lane is significantly better than he was in January and Mastro didn't improve at all in the offseason?

Last edited:
IMO toss ups are at 165, 184 and Hwt. I think we should have wins at 125-149, and 174. At least that how it looks on paper.

IMO toss ups are at 165, 184 and Hwt. I think we should have wins at 125-149, and 174. At least that how it looks on paper.
I'd agree with that on paper for a neutral dual but we are traveling half way across the country with a young team for our first dual and its Lehigh's second dual meet at home. Tough way to start the season but a good way to teach the young kids that D1 wrestling is tough.

Reactions: bwel9339
149 is tough. Bryant for Lehigh is very solid.
Bryant had a win over Voinovich in HS, but I would give the edge to Voinovich now.

Also, Bryant and Lane didn't wrestle the first 2 duals, so we could see different guys at 149 & 125.

I don’t know if it will affect their lineup at all but Lehigh also wrestled OU today at 3.

I don’t know if it will affect their lineup at all but Lehigh also wrestled OU today at 3.
Pretty certain its a one time weigh in for the day with 1lb allowance. OU match is after ours so should have no impact on lineup.

Somewhat surprised Haas didn’t travel with the Varsity. Glad these guys are able to get some work…

149 is tough. Bryant for Lehigh is very solid.

Bryant had a win over Voinovich in HS, but I would give the edge to Voinovich now.

Also, Bryant and Lane didn't wrestle the first 2 duals, so we could see different guys at 149 & 125.
Manzona wrestled in high school about 3 miles from my house.
He is very good, but really relies on upper body and big moves.
Victor is a much more technical wrestler.
In high school, they met at a tourney and Victor was the better guy for all but about 20 seconds when Manzona got him in an upper body position and had a 4 point move.
Manzona cant go takedown for take down with Victor, and expect to win.
Look for Manzona to try to get double unders and get Victor off balance. Thats his pathway to victory.
As long as Victor stays out of a big move, he should win.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Beard controlled almost every min of the match. Beard got in on surbers legs pretty easily and surber tried to rely on scrambles. Luke surber takes 1 shot at the end and scores because beard was going for the major and got over zealous. I wish Luke would at least shoot. Disappointed more so because he didn’t take a shot until the end and scored.

Beard controlled almost every min of the match. Beard got in on surbers legs pretty easily and surber tried to rely on scrambles. Luke surber takes 1 shot at the end and scores because beard was going for the major and got over zealous. I wish Luke would at least shoot. Disappointed more so because he didn’t take a shot until the end and scored.
Beard is very good, tough way to start the season but good experience.

Doucet wins 2-1 as he rode his bigger opponent almost the entire 3rd after escaping in 10 seconds in the 2nd. Typical heavyweight snoozer. Is it me or does their mat circle seem much larger than ours? I’ve heard ours is small from griping opponents.

Mastro wins with TD in OT. Lehigh wrestler just wanted to lock up to prevent shots. Mastro was the one being more aggressive though I wouldn’t say it was very aggressive.

Reactions: NCcowboy
Fix wins by major. Lot of takedowns, almost gave up a couple. Young wins by decision. 4 takedowns to 1. Fought off several near takedowns from opponent. Was going for major when he gave up a TD at the end. 13-3 Pokes at the break.

Reactions: driad
Damn! Down 8-1 after early throw, back points, and turn. He fought back and won in OT. Hell of a match.

Wow…..Voinovich thrown for a 6 point move in first 15 seconds, immediately tilted again for 2, then proceeds to come back and win in OT. I think they were evenly matched and the opponent just caught him then maybe gassed eventually and V took him to school and almost threw him on his back. V showed some skills and who knows how much was his opponent gassing. V almost got back points a couple of times mid match from the top position. Then almost threw opponent to his back at end of regulation.

Last edited:
Prob pin at any other mat but switching to a headlock was the mistake, had him tight, holdout for the win.

Reactions: turfpoke
G drops close one due to riding time. He was taken down twice and ridden but pulled off a reverse to the back for a 6 point move before being reversed and ridden out for a 1 point loss.

G drops close one due to riding time. He was taken down twice and ridden but pulled off a reverse to the back for a 6 point move before being reversed and ridden out for a 1 point loss.
Looked like he was close to a pin but just couldn't hold it long enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT