ADVERTISEMENT

John Smith Retires

Do we think Chris Perry will be back? I keep having this weird feeling he's being allowed to find another job before CS is officially announced and bringing in 2 (or more) of his own guys with him.

I’ve wondered about Perry coming back, seems like he wanted head coach also. That being said Perry all in as recruiter/ assistant is definitely what you want. Penn State has had continuity in assistant coaches , that has been a big part of their success

I’ve wondered about Perry coming back, seems like he wanted head coach also. That being said Perry all in as recruiter/ assistant is definitely what you want. Penn State has had continuity in assistant coaches , that has been a big part of their success
His dad told me about 6 or 7 years ago the plan was for him to take over when John retired. Times change and not sure he made the leap to be Head Coach material.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
They also somewhat alluded that Cunningham isn’t an option. Possible he got a call and declined is how I read between the lines. It’s a good chat. If you’re on this board talking wrestling, odds are you’d get your monies worth on a rofkin sub lol

Reactions: Shootwrestling
They also somewhat alluded that Cunningham isn’t an option. Possible he got a call and declined is how I read between the lines. It’s a good chat. If you’re on this board talking wrestling, odds are you’d get your monies worth on a rofkin sub lol
Plus all of the intermat and OWrestle stuff

Does OSU wrestling really need to pay big bucks to find a coach?

Or is this a way to blame the search firm if it does not work out?

Does OSU wrestling really need to pay big bucks to find a coach?

Or is this a way to blame the search firm if it does not work out?
It doesn’t sound like money is the issue. Seems like they’re just making sure they leave no stone unturned. Not sure anyone outside the Caels group would have a lot heavier weight than CS though so this dragging on is odd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT