ADVERTISEMENT

ITT we discuss Spider Man No Way Home (spoilers)

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
I thought it was a really good and fun movie.

-Loved the Daredevil cameo. Would be cool if he shows up in the next SM movie.
-you mean to tell me that Dr S can't cast a spell to clean up that snowy mess? He is going to give 2 people a bucket, dustpan and broom and expect them to do all that work.
-Andrew G and Toby M were fantastic, IMO.
-The Miles Morales easter egg (when Jamie Fox was talking to Garfield) was cool.
-Willem Defoe and Alfred Molina were both a lot of fun. Really good acting on both of their parts.

I don’t understand your Easter egg reference. Can you explain it as sure as heck I missed something or don’t understand it.

Why did they have to totally forget who he was? Why can’t they just forget he was Spider-Man?

if the people were transported to the new universe at the same moment they die, when they get back, they’d still have no chance.

I liked seeing all the Spider-Man’s together.

Is Venom and Spider-Man the next Spider-Man movie.

That Doctor Strange movie looks GOOD.

So I’ve read that the movie is more intense, a bit darker, a bit more emotional than other Spider Man movies.

My 10yo daughter can be a bit volatile emotionally and I’m wondering if it might be too intense for her. Unfortunately my 6yo is a huge spidey fan but I’m almost positive it will be too much for him.

Thoughts?

There are some sad and dark parts in it.

I have an 11 year old but she is always good in the movies.

I think it would probably be worth you seeing first to make sure. Not worth the risk…

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
I don’t understand your Easter egg reference. Can you explain it as sure as heck I missed something or don’t understand it.

Why did they have to totally forget who he was? Why can’t they just forget he was Spider-Man?

if the people were transported to the new universe at the same moment they die, when they get back, they’d still have no chance.

I liked seeing all the Spider-Man’s together.

Is Venom and Spider-Man the next Spider-Man movie.

That Doctor Strange movie looks GOOD.
The Easter egg was Jamie Fox talk to Garfield. One of them says something like “maybe there is a black spider man somewhere in the multiverse” Miles M is a black SM, so it was clearly a subtle reference to him.

I agree on your point about forgetting him completely. Would have liked it better if everyone just thinks he is boring Peter Parker but remembers him

Good point on all of them dying when they get back. Maybe the point was to give them a brief respite from their tortured lives, or maybe when They get back, their version of SM remembers all that happened and saves each of them.

Sure looks like the next movie is SM vs Venom. Sounds kind of meh to me but hard to bet against them at this point.

So I’ve read that the movie is more intense, a bit darker, a bit more emotional than other Spider Man movies.

My 10yo daughter can be a bit volatile emotionally and I’m wondering if it might be too intense for her. Unfortunately my 6yo is a huge spidey fan but I’m almost positive it will be too much for him.

Thoughts?
It is obviously convoluted. Especially if they haven’t been previously exposed to the multiverse concept. If they have seen X-men Days of Future Past, that shouldn’t be an issue. There are definitely some very emotional moments including the death of a very likable character. I didn’t think it was especially scary (like horror), and it definitely wasn’t bloody.

Been - Very good description. Agreed

Anyone else smile when they saw Dani Rojas in the bar scene? I halfway wanted to hear “Football is Life” (Must be a Ted Lasso fan)
The question is are they setting up Dani Rojas to be venom is Hollands spider verse? Or he is just the bartender talking to Tom Hardy and the venom stuff leftover will attach to some other unknown actor?

The question is are they setting up Dani Rojas to be venom is Hollands spider verse? Or he is just the bartender talking to Tom Hardy and the venom stuff leftover will attach to some other unknown actor?
Oh…..

There was that stuff left at the bar. I forgot about that.

What about Peter’s friend? Does he become a sorcerer?

Oh…..

Interesting. I just assumed that Tom Hardy would be Venom in the next SM. Maybe there will be more than one and T Hardy and T Holland will end working together. Haven’t seen the Venom movies so I don’t know if he is antagonist or protagonist.
I was thinking about Ned becoming a sorcerer. Maybe. I know they want to make a Young Avengers group with Kate Bishop, Marvel Girl (upcoming show on D+), Iron Lad (Harley Keener) and others. Maybe they put Ned in also. But, there is suspicion that they will bring in Wanda’s and the Vision’s kids from an alternate multiverse, and one of them is a sorcerer.

Interesting. I just assumed that Tom Hardy would be Venom in the next SM. Maybe there will be more than one and T Hardy and T Holland will end working together. Haven’t seen the Venom movies so I don’t know if he is antagonist or protagonist.
I was thinking about Ned becoming a sorcerer. Maybe. I know they want to make a Young Avengers group with Kate Bishop, Marvel Girl (upcoming show on D+), Iron Lad (Harley Keener) and others. Maybe they put Ned in also. But, there is suspicion that they will bring in Wanda’s and the Vision’s kids from an alternate multiverse, and one of them is a sorcerer.
The T Hardy version of Venom is definitely anti-hero, think it would be a good pairing to see SM who is the supremely good neighborhood hero combine with that type of character.

Reactions: Been Jammin

Oh…..

The T Hardy version of Venom is definitely anti-hero, think it would be a good pairing to see SM who is the supremely good neighborhood hero combine with that type of character.

In the comic books, there are a whole host of "symbiote" heroes, anti-heroes, and villains that came from Venom. So maybe a different symbiote character other than Venom or Carnage may be coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT