ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Great interview. Coach Smith looks better. I'm no psychologist, but John looks less stressed than he's looked for a while. I imagine the guys on the team being a scrappy group is very satisfying in this tweener year.

Reactions: oberebo
That second set of back points was garbage, he barely broke 90 for a one count, was never close to 45 at all

Reactions: Tjsch1
This isn't a surprise outside of Boo Lewellan.

125- Lee is just a level above Picc. Picc lucked up when lee made a rookie mistake and had his head close to his knee and got caught.
133- Witcraft no where near the level of DeSanto. Not surprising he got pinned.
141- Hone, one of my favorites, gives effort but not good enough from an athletic standpoint
149- Well....this one was by far the biggest shock. Didn't see a pin here

Iowa is just better...simple as that. I expect a shutout but you never know

Nice that was the big match for Sheets I was hoping for. He has really improved this year!

Somebody watching...can we get a pbp or at least pretty live updates?

Picc lost by major - turned twice
Witcraft pinned
Hone lost by major
Lewellan pinned
Sheets with win by 5 - looked good. Reversed to start the second and rode out the period. Iowa chose neutral in 3rd.

We are down 20-3 at intermission

Reactions: chasepollard
When Reece was pinned the only part in of either two wrestlers was his left big toe, one more bridge and they would have been off.

Reactions: LoveOSUSports
Wittlake loses 3-2 - wrestled well

Kemerer with major over Smith and over 5 min RT

Last edited:
Wittlake loses 3-2 - wrestled well

Kemerer with major over Smith and over 5 min RT

Wittlake was very close to landing a few TDs. He has been such a fantastic story this year and is squarely in the AA mix. Took Marinelli to the wire.

Joe is what he is at this point. Lacks the ability to compete with the top 10 guys but unfortunately our best option at the weight.

Reactions: JAY45
Pic showed he can score on Lee. Questionable back points. Even though he was beaten soundly he shows he has a chance against Lee.

Little Wit...all of his bad with none of the good.

Hone...did nothing.

Boo....thrown to his back off shoulder throw/whip. Thought he may have hurt it again for a second.

Sheets...wow. He looks really improved.

Wittlake....looked good. A bit tentative on O but did show some flashes. He’s going to be very good.

Joe....phoned in an effort to avoid pin or backpoints.

Montalvo looks real good over Brands. Easy win. Brands even uglier than expected.

I’ve been waiting for Dakota to try anything from neutral other than a lefty ankle pick, haven’t seen it this month.

Only two surprises in the dual. Sheets with a nice solid upset win and Boo getting pinned. Other than that everything went like most expected. I was hoping that we might have pulled off a couple of more upsets but it didn’t happen. Regroup and get ready for the Big XII. GO POKES !!!!!!

Sheets has heart and a gas tank. He is improving at a rate that should do him better than he is ranked in B12 and National tournament. Montalvo wrestled well but looked disappointed he didn't get Abe Asad. I think Iowa knew it was a possible loss there so they put little Brands in instead to take the loss and Assad would lose ranking. Wittlake looked good vs Marinelli, confident and good positioning. Just a little gassed at the end, both were tired just Wittlake a little more tired. Boo loss was surprising. He got caught with that move. Picc had a good strategy, and tried to get Lee to the 3rd period. If that match was kept going Picc was going to get pts. Lee gets tired in the 3rd. Witcraft pin was weak. They were 2cm in bounds and Witcraft I think thought they were out of bounds but he should have kept wrestling. Encouraged by Sheets, Montalvo and Wittlake.

Overall this year has been a rebuilding year and I knew that so I'm not disappointed just eager for next year and to see how our young guys keep developing.

Wyatt Sheets is the big winner of the dual for OSU. Wittake surprised me...kid has a chance to AA. We really have 3 candidates to AA at 125, 149, and 165 respectively. Picc against Lee last year was an outlier. Lee has won fairly comfortably in 4 out of the 5 matches.

Sheets has heart and a gas tank. He is improving at a rate that should do him better than he is ranked in B12 and National tournament. Montalvo wrestled well but looked disappointed he didn't get Abe Asad. I think Iowa knew it was a possible loss there so they put little Brands in instead to take the loss and Assad would lose ranking. Wittlake looked good vs Marinelli, confident and good positioning. Just a little gassed at the end, both were tired just Wittlake a little more tired. Boo loss was surprising. He got caught with that move. Picc had a good strategy, and tried to get Lee to the 3rd period. If that match was kept going Picc was going to get pts. Lee gets tired in the 3rd. Witcraft pin was weak. They were 2cm in bounds and Witcraft I think thought they were out of bounds but he should have kept wrestling. Encouraged by Sheets, Montalvo and Wittlake.

Overall this year has been a rebuilding year and I knew that so I'm not disappointed just eager for next year and to see how our young guys keep developing.
Assad hasn't wrestled since Feb 2...kid has been injured. If healthy, he'd would've wrestled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT