ADVERTISEMENT

I never post about Issues…this has me pissed off

I love it when the lacking self awareness lefties call us sheep.
Group behavior based on fear and outrage is a wingnut specialty like buying guns out of fear of Obama! Banning books out of fear of enlightenment and freedom of thought! Banning Disney, Boycotting Bud Light, Drag shows, and Gay rights out of fear of people different than you and punishing corporate entities that believe rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness applies to all Americans! Banning voter rights because you have no good ideas and are fearful of voters and their judgment!

Sounds kind of sheepish to me but you keep on being you and who you support; the fearful negative Nancies of American politics with no solutions except to take rights away from Americans while turning the clock back 75 years in an effort to stop societal change!

The only answer to all of these wingnut actions is fear of the unknown!

Change is constant and is a certainty! The inertia it presents is powerful and even if it’s slowed temporarily it will eventually overcome any attempts to stop it as history records! As the old saying goes, you either adapt or get run over and passed by that change.

Meanwhile, open border policy causing massive death...how many of these people were young adults and children? Where is the outrage from the anti-gun mob?

Overall, drug overdose deaths rose from 2019 to 2021 with more than 106,000 drug overdose deaths reported in 2021. Deaths involving synthetic opioids other than methadone (primarily fentanyl) continued to rise with 70,601 overdose deaths reported in 2021.Feb 9, 2023

The Sinaloa Cartel is one of the most powerful drug cartels in the world and is largely responsible for the manufacturing and importing of fentanyl for distribution in the United States. Fentanyl is a dangerous synthetic opioid that is more than 50 times more potent than heroin.Apr 14, 2023
And this is relevant to the problem of mass shootings/killings in the US?

Group behavior based on fear and outrage is a wingnut specialty like buying guns out of fear of Obama! Banning books out of fear of enlightenment and freedom of thought! Banning Disney, Boycotting Bud Light, Drag shows, and Gay rights out of fear of people different than you and punishing corporate entities that believe rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness applies to all Americans! Banning voter rights because you have no good ideas and are fearful of voters and their judgment!

Sounds kind of sheepish to me but you keep on being you and who you support; the fearful negative Nancies of American politics with no solutions except to take rights away from Americans while turning the clock back 75 years in an effort to stop societal change!

Change is constant and is a certainty! The inertia it presents is powerful and even if it’s slowed temporarily it will eventually overcome any attempts to stop it as history records! As the old saying goes, you either adapt or get run over and passed by that change.
The left has its fare share of the wingnuts too. What I can’t stand about politics today is the constant flip flopping of fundamentals when it is what your teams media tells you to.

We still live in the greatest country in history.

The left has its fare share of the wingnuts too. What I can’t stand about politics today is the constant flip flopping of fundamentals when it is what your teams media tells you to.

And that’s in SPITE OF OUR POLITICS!

Learned this prank in Stout Hall in the Fall of '82. Dirty, but effective.

It was hard to believe how effective it really was back in 1992-94. Multiple people got locked in their rooms for hours and couldn't get out. I actually can't remember anyone ever getting out unless being let out.

I agree with most of what you have said here. However, on the particular issue under discussion, I don’t believe it’s accurate to cite flip flopping of individuals’ views for those in opposition to your point of view.

Those, like me, who oppose gun control, have been nothing if not consistent on that point.

I agree with most of what you have said here. However, on the particular issue under discussion, I don’t believe it’s accurate to cite flip flopping of individuals’ views for those in opposition to your point of view.

Those, like me, who oppose gun control, have been nothing if not consistent on that point.
I was meaning that in general not on this specific issue. Sorry muddied the waters.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
It was hard to believe how effective it really was back in 1992-94. Multiple people got locked in their rooms for hours and couldn't get out. I actually can't remember anyone ever getting out unless being let out.
I don't think it is possible without breaking the door.

Pat, I'll take things that never happened. One of my best friends worked this show with his gun sales store. Just checked with him and he said all dealers inside the show are required to do a background check on every firearm that is sold, used or new. Yes, it's possible someone did a person to person sale, but those percentages are very small. Did you personally witness this type of sale? Not attacking you, just get concerned when statements like this are made when they don't know the rules of the dealers that work these shows.
If they are federally licensed gun dealers they are required to do background checks. There are collectors and unlicensed dealers that are not required to do background checks at gun shows. I did not go this year, but I did two years ago and you could easily walk out the door with a gun, ammo and no background check. That is Texas Law.

My wife and daughter were actually at Stacy and Custer heading over to that mall to shop for graduation day items.

She called me at work and said get on the news. Five minutes away.

That is my point…it is easy to pray and say we need to do this or that. It happens in Nashville or Sandy Hook or wherever….but that hits home hard when it is in your backyard.

That was my only point. My other point was about the incident that happened at Stonebriar Mall last night. A bunch of teens thought it would be funny to storm through the mall amd claiming histeria. Nothing to it.

Then you have these idiots claiming on social media they are going to hit two middle schools and a high school.

I hope they catch them amd I don’t care if they are 14 or 18 years old. Prosecute them to full extent. Our kids should not have to live like this.

That is the extent of my “get off my lawn” rant. Sorry for posting. Just has me in a pissed off mood. I talked to my mom who was Administrator of the year in Moore four times and then unretired and became Administrator of the Year twice with Bridge Creek.

They shouldn’t have to live with this.
My sister is a physicians assistant in Tulsa. Her clinic, and her team, were the ones targeted and killed by the shooter in Tulsa. She spends one day a week at another location, and just happened to be at that other office the day of the shooting. Two of those killed were at her wedding three months prior. I get the hitting close to home changing your perspective, and I’m glad your family wasn’t there. I have an 11 month at home and am sad when I think about the world he will grow up in.

I carry, and have three guns at home, and am pro second amendment, but something has to change.

I love that these people know they’re on the wrong side of the issue because they become the semantics police instead of talking about the issue in good faith. “Assault weapon, “Shall not be infringed,” “mass shooting.” You know damn well what he means. Here you go:

“Mass killings are what we need to try to reduce and taking semi-automatic rifles/AR-15 style weapons off the streets is a logical first effort since they are typically involved in the largest casualty events in the United States.”

There, is that semantically correct enough for us to discuss now, or are there some punctuation notes you have for me too?
Constitution of the US says otherwise

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD

So, what would you say to a mother who lost a child this weekend in that mall? Sorry about your loss, but the greater good is that we protected the constitution by not infringing on the right to bear arms?

I will keep doing what I’m doing because I don’t want my liberties and freedoms stripped away one by one.

And you still lack self awareness based on what you wrote.

Last edited:
Reactions: cowboy12
Just saw on the news that police have arrested a 13-year old girl who made the threats in Frisco (allegedly). Guess she didn't want to go to school today or thought it was a big joke.

If we’re a civilized society and we give two sh…..ts about human life, we ALL KNOW what we need to do to TRY and make it tougher to pull off mass shootings!

Background checks, red flag law with mental health services available and a waiting period on gun sales at a minimum.

Banning assault weapons from public sale should be a no brainer since virtually ALL OF THESE MASS KILLINGS are with an AR-15 high capacity style weapon.

This won’t stop some crazies but could block many from attempting the slaughter of innocents using a military semi-automatic rifle designed to kill as many as possible using rapid fire high capacity magazines.

We know what to do, the majority of us identify as Christian and supposedly value human life, but watch those lawmakers bought and paid for by the NRA do NOTHING to address this societal blood shed and killing of innocents in the U.S.
There is no such thing as an “assault rifle”. It’s a made up term by gun control activists. You’re probably one who has no clue what the AR in AR-15 stands for.

This is a morality issue, point blank.

This is what we get when we remove God from daily life.

This is what we get when teachers, who are with children as much or more than parents, cannot set a child in line when they get out of line.

I own 2 AR-15 platform rifles and and an AR-10 and they are yet to kill a human.

So, what would you say to a mother who lost a child this weekend in that mall? Sorry about your loss, but the greater good is that we protected the constitution by not infringing on the right to bear arms?
I wouldn’t say it like that in a conversation with a parent in that position. But, yes, if pressed to explain my position on the issue precisely, that is what I would say or something similar.

• Haha
Reactions: BiloxiPoke
I wouldn’t say it like that in a conversation with a parent in that position. But, yes, if pressed to explain my position on the issue precisely, that is what I would say or something similar.
So that is really your opinion? To hell with the eight people he shot, but at least we did not infringe on that lunatics right to bear arms.

Do you agree that innocent people getting shot is bad? Would you agree that school shootings are one of the worst things that happens in our society. If so, what do you propose we do to slow them down?

Again, I am not proposing a ban of any type of gun, I just think that it wouldn’t hurt to make it a little more difficult for them to be acquired. Especially the mentally ill. I mean Jesus, if somebody’s Facebook page says they are planning to shoot up a school, maybe we shouldn’t sell them a gun.

My guess is the mother who lost her children would be more upset with the shooter than the weapon.

And thank you for proving my point above.

Last edited:
“Got to do something”; even if it can be demonstrably shown that the solution would have changed nothing with regard to the shooting or shootings it supposedly would address.
I think that is the first time I've ever seen a semi-colon used on this board that wasn't a cut and paste.

• Haha
Reactions: BIGOSUFAN
My guess is the mother who lost her children would be more upset with the shooter than the weapon.

And thank you for proving my point above.
That is my point. If we had infringed on that particular shooters right to bear arms based on mental health, maybe this shooting would not have happened.

“Got to do something”; even if it can be demonstrably shown that the solution would have changed nothing with regard to the shooting or shootings it supposedly would address.
So you are saying there is no way to at least try to slow shootings? Just give everybody a gun and let them shoot it out?

As a gun owner:

I wish all firearms were registered in a national database. Before you start, we register our cars, our income, etc. so spare me the fear of the government knowing argument.

If you sell your gun, you are responsible for making sure the ownership change registration is complete.

So buy what you want, sell what you want.

If a weapon registered in your name is used in a violent crime, you are prosecuted as if you were the one who pulled the trigger.

Is it a scary prospect…absolutely. However it is a way to promote, if not mandate, responsibility. Responsibility in the storage and securing of the firearm. Responsibility in making sure anyone who you allow to handle the weapon knows how to safely do so.

None of this would eliminate gun violence. Especially not mass shootings. However we know many guns used in crimes were not purchased by the perpetrator. The guns are often stolen or purchased by a third party. I am all for reducing mass shootings, but I am also all for curbing gun violence in general.

I would happily register all of my firearms today.

As a gun owner:

I wish all firearms were registered in a national database. Before you start, we register our cars, our income, etc. so spare me the fear of the government knowing argument.

If you sell your gun, you are responsible for making sure the ownership change registration is complete.

If a weapon registered in your name is used in a violent crime, you are prosecuted as if you were the one who pulled the trigger.

Is it a scary prospect…absolutely. However it is a way to promote, if not mandate, responsibility. Responsibility in the storage and securing of the firearm. Responsibility in making sure anyone who you allow to handle the weapon knows how to safely do so.

None of this would eliminate gun violence. Especially not mass shootings. However we know many guns used in crimes were not purchased by the perpetrator. The guns are often stolen or purchased by a third party. I am all for reducing mass shootings, but I am also all for curbing gun violence in general.

That's called a national registry

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
As a gun owner:

Gotta do something…

Reactions: jkosu
As a gun owner:

Many of the so called name gun safe’s are complete trash. Including the ones at H & H. You can go watch videos as to why. Being responsible for a stolen gun is a joke. Absolutely DOA for me. Many in the public think they have a good safe.

Pro Tip - One of the best gun safes is made and sold right here in Oklahoma City. Bear Safes. I think they even had videos showing how easy name brand safes are to break in to, show you how easy it is. They are not cheap. Not going to get in to all the details as to why they are much better, but the best indicator of how good they are is that ex-military nationally buy them. I got my safe recommendation from 2 people that use to be in the military.

I bought a used one on consignment from them and it is bolted to my garage foundation. Have had it for a long time and I bet it has even appreciated in value. It is an investment but I have more than guns and bullets in it. I get hit by a tornado all of my key documents are safe.

Not sure how it works now but a few years back I bought a handgun in OKC from a licensed dealer and had to provide proof of identity and residence plus fill out a form for registration. When I went back to get the gun they sold it to me but said they had not received word on the application but after a certain number of days they could legally sell the gun.
If this is true...and I assume it is...I wonder if a holdup/backlog by the Feds has let a lot of guns be sold to those who would not qualify if there was time for a thorough background check?

So you are saying there is no way to at least try to slow shootings? Just give everybody a gun and let them shoot it out?
Well back in the day when we all rode horses and had guns people were nicer. Just saying.

In a series note I don’t think your stance is crazy. The lack of respect for human life in world blows my mind. All about social media. Think about the unrelenting bullying some of these kids do but on the flip side the IRS will track your Facebook to tax you but not regulate nuts trying buy guns. Think about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT