ADVERTISEMENT

I Didn't See This Coming

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:

from Amazon. Not that it's earth shattering or anything, but pretty cool. Kind of surprising they're pushing it out so soon after their first phone. The phone has been kind of a flop financially thus far.

http://www.amazon.com/oc/echo/ref_=ods_dp_ae
They have come out and admited that their phone was a flop. It had the price tag of a flashship phone with specs of a midrange phone. That and the fact that the Google Play store isn't on there is a big negative for many. I think it's priced right now, but they should of been charging the same price as the Nexus phone.

yep, it looks like a bit of an upgrade over the siri...I mean with more functions. It is amazing how they can miniaturize these speakers and you still get a decent sound...a 2.5 inch woofer!! Bigger is not necessarily better anymore.

Originally posted by cactusjackosu:
I want....for only $99

done
Yeah I'm thinking that too, even though we already have Sonos speakers. I'm going to look into it at least.

Got my email today that they are ready for orders if you got your invite in

Dear Amazon Customer,

We're excited to offer you an invitation to purchase Amazon Echo We hope you'll have as much fun using it as we did inventing it. By accepting this invitation, you will be one of the first customers to use Echo, and we appreciate your input to help shape Echo as it evolves.

To accept this invitation, go to the Amazon Echo page, add to cart, and purchase as usual. Due to strong customer response, new orders may take several months to ship. You will receive a delivery confirmation when your order is ready to ship.

This post was edited on 1/9 10:25 AM by mseabolt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT