ADVERTISEMENT

Have aircraft carriers become obsolete?

The intelligence services of several NATO countries believe that is the case and they are in a much better position to know than anyone on this board......I know, you will just say they are trying to get the US scared, but you don;t know that..........personally I think Russia will get Belarus to send troops into the Suwalki gap. If NATO responds militarily , then Russia will use that as an excuse ( they recently announced that any attack on Belarus would be considered an attack on Russia.....I know...very original) ....then they would have an excuse..........
That is exactly why the intelligence agencies need thier wings clipped. So the cia gets to say Russia is a danger, but won't say how they know or how Russia is a danger other than they are threatening europe.

I have not seen any move by Puttin threatening to widen the war. The American people deserve better and can handle the information just fine.

Ukraine is a future member of both the EU and NATO…
Wanna Bet? If they sue for peace now they keep Western Ukraine. Thier army is collapsing as we speak. Russia will dictate peace terms and will never allow a NATO global Homo Ukraine. That's all the US stands for now. Not Christianity or decency. Global Homo. Russia, the 3rd Rome, understands it must hold the line against the Rainbow West.
why wouldn’t they think we would just abandon Taiwan and S. Korea?
We can't hold Taiwan long term. That is inevitable. And it's not worth the cost to try. Better to retreat to what MacArthur said was the 2nd island chain. South Korea is a different story. We can hold their for a little longer. But not forever. They are already done as a nation. The worst demographics in all the developed world. If they don't want to live, why should we keep them alive at enormous cost?

The intelligence services of several NATO countries believe that is the case and they are in a much better position to know than anyone on this board......I know, you will just say they are trying to get the US scared, but you don;t know that..........personally I think Russia will get Belarus to send troops into the Suwalki gap. If NATO responds militarily , then Russia will use that as an excuse ( they recently announced that any attack on Belarus would be considered an attack on Russia.....I know...very original) ....then they would have an excuse..........
I truly don't get all the talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

You seem to clearly understand that modern Russian military capability is dog shit, yet you keep clamoring about them wanting all of Europe or even maybe just part of the Baltics. Those two concepts do not align.

Russia is conscripting freaking convicts into Ukraine and pulling T-62's out of mothballs to fight Ukraine to a stalemate, while their best aircraft lay smoldering from 90's era SAMs operated by plumbers from Kiev.

Absent Russian nukes getting involved, I'd give Poland alone 50/50 odds of being able to drive their modern tanks into Red Square within 2 months.

The idea that we need to be overfunding Ukraine to defend against some scary Russian future plans is absolute hysterical rambling.

It really is interesting that the Sovit Union fought with the Allied powers. After WW2 they have fought against us basically.

Hitler was the bigger evil at that time.

Exactly. The Russians didn’t fight with the Allied forces as much as the Allied Forces and Russians were both fighting the Germans at the same time.

I truly don't get all the talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

You seem to clearly understand that modern Russian military capability is dog shit, yet you keep clamoring about them wanting all of Europe or even maybe just part of the Baltics. Those two concepts do not align.

Russia is conscripting freaking convicts into Ukraine and pulling T-62's out of mothballs to fight Ukraine to a stalemate, while their best aircraft lay smoldering from 90's era SAMs operated by plumbers from Kiev.

Absent Russian nukes getting involved, I'd give Poland alone 50/50 odds oop them nowf being able to drive their modern tanks into Red Square within 2 months.

The idea that we need to be overfunding Ukraine to defend against some scary Russian future plans is absolute hysterical rambling.
Russian equipment and training is not anywhere near NATO standards.......but...they have a lot of equipment and more importantly have more control over their citizens, which allows them to "find" more military members and do things with them that we would not even consider doing. I think we need to give them the weapons to win, or at least to get their territory back........as I have said, the world has been through this before, and the west appeased the aggressor, we all know how that turned out.......much easier to stop them now. Ukraine , with western assistance , can maybe not win this thing, but cause enough problems for Russia to realize its not worth it anymore ........I really don't think either side will get 100% of what they want.

Wanna Bet? If they sue for peace now they keep Western Ukraine. Thier army is collapsing as we speak. Russia will dictate peace terms and will never allow a NATO global Homo Ukraine. That's all the US stands for now. Not Christianity or decency. Global Homo. Russia, the 3rd Rome, understands it must hold the line against the Rainbow West.

We can't hold Taiwan long term. That is inevitable. And it's not worth the cost to try. Better to retreat to what MacArthur said was the 2nd island chain. South Korea is a different story. We can hold their for ato just little longer. But not forever. They are already done as a nation. The worst demographics in all the developed world. If they don't want to live, why should we keep them alive at enormous cost?
Boy.......you just want us roll over all over the globe.............I am glad you are not making the decisions we would all be speaking Russian by now

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Exactly. The Russians didn’t fight with the Allied forces as much as the Allied Forces and Russians were both fighting the Germans at the same time.
The Russians didn't have a choice.......they too tried to appease Hitler, in fact they signed a non aggression pact with them and invaded Poland from the East a few days after Germany invaded from the west and occupied the Eastern half, along with taking the Baltic states.........The Russians have always been for the destruction of Democracy, and later the destruction of NATO.

Russian equipment and training is not anywhere near NATO standards.......but...they have a lot of equipment and more importantly have more control over their citizens, which allows them to "find" more military members and do things with them that we would not even consider doing. I think we need to give them the weapons to win, or at least to get their territory back........as I have said, the world has been through this before, and the west appeased the aggressor, we all know how that turned out.......much easier to stop them now. Ukraine , with western assistance , can maybe not win this thing, but cause enough problems for Russia to realize its not worth it anymore ........I really don't think either side will get 100% of what they want.
Who GAF what Russia would do with its citizens? Within 2 weeks of a full on war with NATO they'd be obliterated under bombs from the armada of B-52's we'd roll thru after achieving total air dominance. Then the only concern would be nukes.

Putin is far from an idiot and knows this very well after watching his troops put on a clown show in Ukraine.

The Euros can keep funding Ukraine if its that important to them. Strategically and tactically, Russia has proven not to be a threat worth worrying about and its time to end US participation in funding that war.

The Russians didn't have a choice.......they too tried to appease Hitler, in fact they signed a non aggression pact with them and invaded Poland from the East a few days after Germany invaded from the west and occupied the Eastern half, along with taking the Baltic states.........The Russians have always been for the destruction of Democracy, and later the destruction of NATO.

Yeah, I know.

Who GAF what Russia would do with its citizens? Within 2 weeks of a full on war with NATO they'd be obliterated under bombs from the armada of B-52's we'd roll thru after achieving total air dominance. Then the only concern would be nukes.

Putin is far from an idiot and knows this very well after watching his troops put on a clown show in Ukraine.

The Euros can keep funding Ukraine if its that important to them. Strategically and tactically, Russia has proven not to be a threat worth worrying about and its time to end US participation in funding that war.
This is what most people who support the war in Ukraine have missed. How much does the American taxpayer have to pay for this war as opposed to a European? I guarantee the Americans pay a lot more into the war than their European counterparts. We've protected Europe so long they forgot how to do it themselves. When is enough, enough?

I do think that OTAN is a valuable alliance, in terms of information sharing, and political connections. As far as militarily it might as well be just the US and our little buddy Brittain. Just for an example, during the Kosovo campaign, we could not work with the Turkish pilots because we didn't understand a word they were saying. Everyone just held their breath and hoped they hit their intended targets. The French (don't get me started on the French in other places, useless) were already into DEI and Germany had an aversion to war after WWII. This left the majority of the work to the Americans. The American NCO is better trained, and more professional than most officers from other member nations (Canada, Britain, and Germany are the exceptions, and they can be about equal). Operationally it has been like that for a while. NATO did send units to Afghanistan, and they performed well there, but the units they sent had member nations that trained together on a full-time basis. If you don't have that NATO can be chaotic on an operations basis.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
What? I just don't wan't ww3. Over ****ing Ukriane. Which was not our national interest unitl 5 minutes ago.
As I have said, we tried the other option last century and that obviously didn't work, do you suggest we just do it again and hope it works this time?......There are many things that have to happen for this to escalate into WW 3, not helping defend Ukraine makes it more likely that those things will happen than if we do help Ukraine

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
The U.S. Air Force is on the verge of unveiling a secretive new space weapon system, a momentous development that has implications for the future of military operations in space. This revelation comes at a time when the Pentagon has expressed interest in demonstrating its space capabilities openly to deter adversaries, and when space is increasingly recognized as a critical domain for national security.

As I have said, we tried the other option last century and that obviously didn't work, do you suggest we just do it again and hope it works this time?......There are many things that have to happen for this to escalate into WW 3, not helping defend Ukraine makes it more likely that those things will happen than if we do help Ukraine
I'm sorry I have to push back on this, and I will continue to push back on this. These two situations are not alike. Putin is not Hitler or the Nazi Riech. In fact, the only Nazis involved in this are fighting for Ukraine. This is not save the free world kind of stuff here. If you think these two historic situations are alike, please explain why.

Since we are referring to history, then let me remind you of WWI which didn't have a slow escalated burn into existence. One black swan-style event is enough to light the world on fire.

I'm sorry I have to push back on this, and I will continue to push back on this. These two situations are not alike. Putin is not Hitler or the Nazi Riech. In fact, the only Nazis involved in this are fighting for Ukraine. This is not save the free world kind of stuff here. If you think these two historic situations are alike, please explain why.

Since we are referring to history, then let me remind you of WWI which didn't have a slow escalated burn into existence. One black swan-style event is enough to light the world on fire.
You still cannot just look the other way, whether its like it or not......Putin may be another Hitler, who knows, Hitler was considered a great leader up until he started showing aggression. When the Nazis' marched into the Rhineland, most thought they were just taking back what was theirs, when they annexed Austria, most just figured it was what Austria wanted, the they allowed him to take the Sudetenland, they all thought he was protecting Sudeten Germans, it wasn't until he actually invaded Czechoslovakia that they realized what he really was doing, then it was too late

You still cannot just look the other way, whether its like it or not......Putin may be another Hitler, who knows, Hitler was considered a great leader up until he started showing aggression. When the Nazis' marched into the Rhineland, most thought they were just taking back what was theirs, when they annexed Austria, most just figured it was what Austria wanted, the they allowed him to take the Sudetenland, they all thought he was protecting Sudeten Germans, it wasn't until he actually invaded Czechoslovakia that they realized what he really was doing, then it was too late
You have two possibilities based on that explanation. Either it's not a like, as the Russians have taken heavy casualties, and are not showing any kind of military dominance. The other option is you're too late to do anything about it. So your only option would be WWIII with nukes, and I'm not fully retired yet, so that's off the table for me, but if that's the course you want to take feel free to say you want WWIII.

The U.S. Air Force is on the verge of unveiling a secretive new space weapon system, a momentous development that has implications for the future of military operations in space. This revelation comes at a time when the Pentagon has expressed interest in demonstrating its space capabilities openly to deter adversaries, and when space is increasingly recognized as a critical domain for national security.
As I have said on here before, we have technologies that would blow your mind............I hate to think this "announcement" is a tit-for-tat because of the news of a Russian space based Nuclear weapon program, we need to keep our stuff as quiet as possible.......the only thing I know of that is in the public domain is DRACO, which is a DARPA program to test a Thermal nuclear rocket in orbit.......it is close to test time frame.

You have two possibilities based on that explanation. Either it's not a like, as the Russians have taken heavy casualties, and are not showing any kind of military dominance. The other option is you're too late to do anything about it. So your only option would be WWIII with nukes, and I'm not fully retired yet, so that's off the table for me, but if that's the course you want to take feel free to say you want WWIII.
No one wants WW 3, but, if you just look the other way I think you are at a higher risk for WW3, you just delay it for a while......there is much less chance of this going Nuclear if Putin continues having a hard time dealing with Ukraine, and decides a peace treaty Is the way to go, but it will take a strong Ukraine for that to happen......now if NATO starts sending troops to Ukraine, then all bets are off......we need to keep arming them and let them do the fighting

No one wants WW 3, but, if you just look the other way I think you are at a higher risk for WW3, you just delay it for a while......there is much less chance of this going Nuclear if Putin continues having a hard time dealing with Ukraine, and decides a peace treaty Is the way to go, but it will take a strong Ukraine for that to happen......now if NATO starts sending troops to Ukraine, then all bets are off......we need to keep arming them and let them do the fighting
I don't think anyone is looking the other way. A nuclear power is at war with a non-nuclear power, that is again not a member of NATO. If NATO countries send troops that is on them, but that action will not trigger NATO alliances, and further escalates an already dicey situation. The war costs us twice the amount it should do to corruption (our corruption). When politicians are demanding action and are desperate to send money to Ukraine before they fix our own borders, that tells me they are on the take from Ukraine. Until that gets solved, I don't want a penny more spent on a war we get nothing out of and could even escalate into WWIII. That doesn't sound like money well spent to me.

Saw where Putin was warning the West that things would escalate substantially if the West sent troops into Ukraine. Tells me Ukraine has another problem that maybe bigger than a shortage of ammo, manpower.

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
Saw where Putin was warning the West that things would escalate substantially if the West sent troops into Ukraine. Tells me Ukraine has another problem that maybe bigger than a shortage of ammo, manpower.
Sundown joe will do his best before Nov 5. 🤣

Any money you send to Ukraine you might as well take the whole billion dollars and light it on fire. We continue to send money? We all know they can't win. You could give them 1 trillion dollars in aid they aren't beating a country that is motivated to win and outnumbers them population wise 10-1. Why? Just to watch people die?

Any money you send to Ukraine you might as well take the whole billion dollars and light it on fire. We continue to send money? We all know they can't win. You could give them 1 trillion dollars in aid they aren't beating a country that is motivated to win and outnumbers them population wise 10-1. Why? Just to watch people die?
Dan would rather our money fund the Palestinians and Hamas. Are you two in tandem with this?

As I have said on here before, we have technologies that would blow your mind
Blah blah blah and the same crowd insisted Abrams tanks would crush the Russians. They said the t-90's (the best tank in world) was trash and that S-400's (which have swept the Ukrainian air force from the sky) was trash. Why are the Ukrainians not flying thier f-16's? Because the s-300 would sweep them from the sky in a week. Much less the s-400. They won't even have to break out the S-500. Specifically designed to take out F-35's.

The myth of NATO tech and doctrine advantage is being disproved on the battlefield day after day. I used to be a believer. I'm smart enough to read battlefield reports and learn we were niave

If you are really worried Putin wants to do something after Ukraine, stop sending money to a doomed Army and start building the American Army which has at best a months supply of 155mm shells. It's silly to send good money after bad.

Putins nuke targets leaked and man lots of US soil air bases. seems interesting.

Blah blah blah and the same crowd insisted Abrams tanks would crush the Russians. They said the t-90's (the best tank in world) was trash and that S-400's (which have swept the Ukrainian air force from the sky) was trash. Why are the Ukrainians not flying thier f-16's? Because the s-300 would sweep them from the sky in a week. Much less the s-400. They won't even have to break out the S-500. Specifically designed to take out F-35's.

The myth of NATO tech and doctrine advantage is being disproved on the battlefield day after day. I used to be a believer. I'm smart enough to read battlefield reports and learn we were niave
You are just gas lighting......you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about......

Brt read Pravda and believed every word.

The massive Russian personnel and equipment losses, and embarrassing battlefield gains after 3 years of dying hasn't dampened his red spirits at all.

You are just gas lighting......you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about......
It is you that have no idea. But then the battlefield results keep showing me right and you wrong day after day so keep gaslighting dumbass.

It is you that have no idea. But then the battlefield results keep showing me right and you wrong day after day so keep gaslighting dumbass.
You have no idea......the Russian are winning, that is not in question, but they are winning because of far superior numbers and they are losing much more equipment and personal than the Ukrainians.......when the US was providing equipment,the Ukrainian's were more than holding their own against far superior numbers........The biggest indication of poor Russian equipment and poor training is lack of air supremacy. They have failed to achieve it with much higher numbers of more modern systems than what Ukraine has. The Russians can't even protect their A-50 "AWACS" flying well behind the lines. They have now lost 2 of the 3 they had deployed ( they only have 7 others and 3 of those are not in flying condition) The Russian Black sea Fleet can't even operate in the theater due to Ukrainian threats......and Ukraine doesn't even have an operational Navy. If NATO got directly involved , we would be able to sink the entire Russian Black sea Fleet within a few hours. That was one of the threats we directly made to the Russians if they were to use a nuclear weapon against Ukraine. WE have a weapon system can do that from the CONUS (not ICBMs) and they have no countermeasure for it.

THE USA has no operational Hypersonic missle. The Russian's are producing dozens monthly. Thier S-500 system recently showed the ability to knock one out. The Patriot system cannot defend itself against one. The Russians now have complete air superiority, the USA is nervous and won't deploy the F-16's, because they would all be shot down in a week.

You really are misinformed. I need not prove it to you. Just watch the lines move WEST on a daily basis.

THE USA has no operational Hypersonic missle. The Russian's are producing dozens monthly. Thier S-500 system recently showed the ability to knock one out. The Patriot system cannot defend itself against one. The Russians now have complete air superiority, the USA is nervous and won't deploy the F-16's, because they would all be shot down in a week.

You really are misinformed. I need not prove it to you. Just watch the lines move WEST on a daily basis.
Whats Up Yes GIF by The Democrats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT