ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone been pike fishing in Canada?

Were after Walleye's but caught a ton of Northern's (anytime we drifted into less than 15' of water). Fishing was incredible. We went totally unguided and our eye's averaged 6# and the pike around 10#. Could have caught huge pike all day however those walleye diehards from up north will not allow the "slimers" in the boat. Trash fish.

As far as accommodations go, we stayed in the cabins in the link. Also, fished the river on days the wind really blew. Not a wine/dine place but rather a place you go to catch fish.

Also heard some good things about Cree Lake Lodge (fly-in destination).

http://www.tobinlakeresort.com/main.htm

Grew up going to International Falls MN during summers. Would catch gigantic Pike and world class small mouth. The cabins were isolated and the only way you could get there was by boat. AWESOME... Some of the greatest memories of my life. But, for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the cabins?

Went to Silver Water Wheel Lodge on Lac Seul in Ontario in early July 2011. One hour drive north of Dryden. Great fishing and accommodations/food etc. Fully guided by experienced guides. We caught Walleye up to 28inches and Pike up to 42-43inches. Also got there in time for the tail end of smallmouth spawn and caught 30 plus any afternoon up to 18inches with a few 19+inch. Normally the smallie spawn is over in mid June. They will spend all day chasing Pike if you want or focus on Walleye which is what most folks go there for. I like chasing Pike myself. We are going back July5-10th this year. They also have an"outpost/drop camp/self guided" type with boat/motor included but it entails a lot more effort and is a cluster unless you know your stuff cause the lake is huge(60+miles long) and every inch looks "fishy" which of course its not. Their catch stats for 2011 included over 47,000 walleye 21+-30inch and over 4500 Pike 30+ inches. All catch and release except for last day "take home"fish if you choose. Run by Mike Willems www.SWW-Lodge.com

Frohlander's Resort on Lake of the Woods.

Awesome little place that is on an island about a 25 minute boat ride from the shore.

We caught walleye, lake trout, and pike like they were going out of style. We went the last available weekend in September before they shut down and prepare for the lake to freeze and start bear hunting.

Our guides took all our walleye and made us shore lunch every day.

I want to go back so bad!!

youngs wilderness lodge on lake of the woods, ontario is awesome. cabins on an island, they cook all your meals, provide you w bass boats, (or guide), fishing (walleye, northern, pike and MUSKIE) is
ridiculous!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I've been going up north of International Falls my whole life. We have a cabin on clearwater lake, about 25 miles north of the falls. Our neighbor has a lodge, but most importantly a turbo beaver that he can transport you to day lakes or his outposts. At the outposts the fishing is phenominal!! Saw our guide catch three walleye on a bear jig head.

The website is www.tno.ca

I would strongly recommend them!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT