ADVERTISEMENT

Has a crime been committed?

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Please consider this hypothetical scenario:

The Eff Bee Eye seizes a laptop computer that contains evidence of criminal activity. They intentionally sit on it in order to allow the statute of limitations to run out so a powerful family can’t be prosecuted. Several people conspire in order to make this happen.

Have these conspirators committed a crime? If so, what crime do you think has occurred?

The Eff Bee Eye seizes a laptop computer that contains evidence of criminal activity. They intentionally sit on it in order to allow the statute of limitations to run out so a powerful family can’t be prosecuted. Several people conspire in order to make this happen.

Have these conspirators committed a crime? If so, what crime do you think has occurred?

You’re assuming the laptop contained evidence of illegality

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
I’d think it would all depend on if they presented the evidence to the DOJ. If the DOJ chose not to prosecute then it’d fall under prosecutorial discretion.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
You’re assuming the laptop contained evidence of illegality

carry on
If they bust kids on Youtube for proof of" racing in Mexico "from the videos. Hunter smoking crack and driving 3 digit speeds on video. Why not him?
72040877-12185871-Hunter_took_a_photo_from_behind_the_wheel_of_his_Porsche_going_1-a-13_1687275549930.jpg

Last edited:
I’d think it would all depend on if they presented the evidence to the DOJ. If the DOJ chose not to prosecute then it’d fall under prosecutorial discretion.

Persecutorial discretion It allows prosecutors to enter into plea bargains and make judgments based on factors like evidence availability and the circumstances of the crime. However, it can lead to concerns of bias and discrimination, violating the Equal Protection Clause.

Persecutorial discretion It allows prosecutors to enter into plea bargains and make judgments based on factors like evidence availability and the circumstances of the crime. However, it can lead to concerns of bias and discrimination, violating the Equal Protection Clause.
But that’s not a crime. That’s all I’m saying. It’s probably unethical as all hell. Just not illegal.

If the FBI sat on it, that’s a different conversation. And how would this violate the equal protection clause?
We know both the DOJ and FBI sat on it and did everything possible to drag the case our past the SOL. Of course their defense will be they didn't mean for it to take that long they were just inept.

Tell me more about the "statute of limitations" running out.

• Haha
I think non-feasance could easily be claimed, but not sure about a crime.

So you can't name an instance where the SOL has expired related to the aforementioned laptop?

Not even one?
Google is your friend.

Google is your friend.

Which potential crime was that again? You can't name a single one, can you? Seems it would be pretty easy to point to an example if one existed. Maybe your people forgot to give you those lil tidbits?

Reactions: Syskatine
We know both the DOJ and FBI sat on it and did everything possible to drag the case our past the SOL. Of course their defense will be they didn't mean for it to take that long they were just inept.
Its amazing how frequently the left gets away with crimes due to the ineptness of D.C. I mean we learned just last week that the Secret Service is inept at surveillance and security, and that anyone could walk into the West Wing with a bag of Anthrax and they wouldn't even know.

@wyomingosualum BC needs your help. Surely you know which alleged crime has escaped prosecution because the statute of limitations has run out. Help yore brother out. He seems flummoxed.
Let’s say tax evasion, hypothetically. The law enforcement agency sits on the info and knowingly does not present it for prosecution. Or let’s say it contains evidence of extortion. Or bribery. Whatever. Has the law enforcement agency committed a crime?

Let’s say tax evasion, hypothetically. The law enforcement agency sits on the info and knowingly does not present it for prosecution. Or let’s say it contains evidence of extortion. Or bribery. Whatever. Has the law enforcement agency committed a crime?
Maybe a sitting prez has em under his thumb? Yes, sleepy has em under his thumb. An embarrassement.

Did that happen? Didn't he just enter into a plea agreement on those charges?

Are we just talking what ifs or is there something real to discuss?

• Haha
Did that happen? Didn't he just enter into a plea agreement on those charges?

Are we just talking what ifs or is there something real to discuss?
I haven’t seen the contents of anybody’s hypothetical laptop. But for the sake of discussion, let’s say a large foreign corporation hires a family member in order for an outside influencer to extort a foreign government into doing the corporation’s bidding. A quid pro quo kind of thing. And the influencer gets a cut as well. And let’s say the evidence is on the computer that was seized by the Eff Bee Eye several years ago and they’re knowingly and willingly sitting on this info so as to protect the criminals.

Has the Eff Bee Eye committed a crime? (Has the Eff Bee Eye committed a crime? That’s what the original question is here.)

I haven’t seen the contents of anybody’s hypothetical laptop. But for the sake of discussion, let’s say a large foreign corporation hires a family member in order for an outside influencer to extort a foreign government into doing the corporation’s bidding. A quid pro quo kind of thing. And the influencer gets a cut as well. And let’s say the evidence is on the computer that was seized by the Eff Bee Eye several years ago and they’re knowingly and willingly sitting on this info so as to protect the criminals.

Has the Eff Bee Eye committed a crime? (Has the Eff Bee Eye committed a crime? That’s what the original question is here.)
Folks got lost.

How many angels can dance on the head of pin? Let me know when you got some of them suckers in a jar and I can give you an answer. Unknowable hypotheticals are generally unknowable.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT