ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 5-31

Well sounds like GRRM is finally ready to buckle down and get Winds of Winter down before season 6 of GOT. I like how he is talking in this interview compared to the ones in the past. I fully get he wanted to relish in the fame he earned from the books a bit. I like though how he is cutting back interviews and apperances. Also him not writing an episode for GOT in season 6 is good news IMO. I just hope he gets this series done in 7 books. You guys think the last book will take as long as the ones before? I just would think he would know how he wants it to end and not putting in so much fluff while advancing other character plot lines wouldn't take as long to write.

Here is the article I read today. GRRM on Winds of Winter.

I was thinking along the same lines as you when it comes to writing the last book. On the surface, it seems like the last book would be an easier task. But, if you think about it, it might actually be tough to tie up all the loose ends while still making an enjoyable story. I could see him having a difficult time making everything fit together. Suddenly, you have to shift gears and go from writing an interesting, entertaining story to writing a story that ties up all of the loose ends you have created while still keeping it interesting/entertaining. Hopefully he has started the process of tying up all of the loose ends with TWOW. Otherwise, I could totally see him starting to write Book 7 and realizing that he can't possibly fit everything into 1 book. IMO, he already has at least 2 books worth of storylines to resolve.

I was thinking along the same lines as you when it comes to writing the last book. On the surface, it seems like the last book would be an easier task. But, if you think about it, it might actually be tough to tie up all the loose ends while still making an enjoyable story. I could see him having a difficult time making everything fit together. Suddenly, you have to shift gears and go from writing an interesting, entertaining story to writing a story that ties up all of the loose ends you have created while still keeping it interesting/entertaining. Hopefully he has started the process of tying up all of the loose ends with TWOW. Otherwise, I could totally see him starting to write Book 7 and realizing that he can't possibly fit everything into 1 book. IMO, he already has at least 2 books worth of storylines to resolve.

Ya I am hoping that WoW will wrap a lot of things up as far as the political games and gets everyone in the right spots and then Book 7 focuses on them saving the realm from the white walkers and a bit of after story how things turn out after that. I hope we find out in WoW who Jon Snows parents are for sure and Dani gets on with what she will do. Will she try to rule in Esso or will she return home to Westeros and succeed. Also I want some more Frey blood and Bolton blood spilled.

Ya I am hoping that WoW will wrap a lot of things up as far as the political games and gets everyone in the right spots and then Book 7 focuses on them saving the realm from the white walkers and a bit of after story how things turn out after that. I hope we find out in WoW who Jon Snows parents are for sure and Dani gets on with what she will do. Will she try to rule in Esso or will she return home to Westeros and succeed. Also I want some more Frey blood and Bolton blood spilled.

One of the things I am most looking forward to in TWOW is Davos's trip to Skagos to find Rickon and Shaggy Dog. There are so many aspects to that part of the story that I am looking forward to reading about. Not the least of which is whether or not Rickon will end up back in Winterfell as the leader of the North.

What makes you guys think book 7 will 'save the realm'? What realm exists anyway with the bloodlust? Yes book 7 is titled A Dream of Spring but it may just be that, a dream. This is the guy who chopped Ned's head off and crafted the RW.

A happy victory over the others and a lasting peace.,,we'll see ;-)

Well we are ten hours away from the famous 9th episode. I think I know who gets it but take that person away and who are the other possibilities? Could Ramsey possibly get his? Could Stannis let the love of his daughter stand in the way on being able to get Winterfell? I think it is obvious who it will be but they could really surprise us.

I may be more pumped for this ninth ep than any previous. Doesn't look like any one storyline will dominate the episode according to the preview. This may set up a free-for-all in the tenth. Can't wait. I've got to get to Kansas before it starts.

Reactions: JonnyVito
According to Twitter, there have been some leaks about tonight's episode that have a bunch of fans very unhappy. I am staying away from the spoilers, but my curiosity is piqued.

According to Twitter, there have been some leaks about tonight's episode that have a bunch of fans very unhappy. I am staying away from the spoilers, but my curiosity is piqued.
If it is who I am thinking dies then I could see fans very upset. I just hope Ramsey gets his.

(I assume that means Valyrian steel can kill a WW, along with dragonglass; we'll have to start reminding ourselves where all those remaining swords are),

Well going by the books...

Blades known to still exist:

Blades with known fates:

Blades with unknown fates:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT