ADVERTISEMENT

Garth

Thunder Rolls is pretty catchy. Much Too Young is a winner. If Tomorrow Never Comes makes me choke up a bit. Unanswered Prayers is a personal favorite. His cover of Shameless is easily his best work IMO.
I can see how someone like you would like those songs. Kind of like how that hat looked good on Judge Smails.

caddyshack_judge_smalls_nice_hat.jpg

I don’t hate Garth Brooks, but I do see him as one of the posers Burnham is getting at in his parody. He was just fortunate enough to hit the scene before the “no hat guys with abs” really started to bring out the phoniness.
Look a the human trafficking proponent trying to play art critic... LOL.

I will say this about Garth. My sister and her best friend were on vacation back yrs ago after he hit it big, they stopped by his estate outside of Nashville hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of him but not expecting to and they got that and then some. He came out to the gate, chatted with them and signed autographs for them and took pics. It was just her and her friend so they were very excited about the whole thing as they were huge fans. Probably wouldn't happen today as there are just too many crazies out and about.

Garth used to host pizza parties at his barn for his girls soccer teams at his Owasso estate back in the late 90's.

He'd pull up on his tractor wearing overalls and looking like every other farmer you ever knew when you grew up in a small Oklahoma town.

Nice guy who likes everyone and knows he's blessed beyond his wildest dreams and doesn't want to be political. Live and let live type of person.

Vince Gill is the GOAT of country music.

/thread
Any discussion of the GOAT of country music has to include Johnny Cash, Willie, and Hank, Sr. Definitely some others. Personally, Johnny Lee is my favorite country singer, but I would never try to convince anyone he’s the GOAT.
Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash are the GOATs in my opinion. Runner-ups: Loretta Lynn and George Strait.

As for the overall GOAT, that is a hard choice. Cash is a legend but there is no one who had a voice like Patsy Cline.

Typical country bar is not a safe space. You must listen to a lot of radio/streaming.
This post just shows how little you know about country music fans and Democrats/liberals. Even country bars.

You need to get out of the backwoods of Louisiana some. There is a big world out there that, apparently, would shock you.

Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash are the GOATs in my opinion. Runner-ups: Loretta Lynn and George Strait.

As for the overall GOAT, that is a hard choice. Cash is a legend but there is no one who had a voice like Patsy Cline.
You left out sweet tits Dolly.

Some of favs growing up.
Merle is up there for sure. Not gonna argue who is the GOAT as there are just too many old ones that were good.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Gotta put my cousin in there, one of the best guitarists ever but doesn't get much credit for it outside of the ones in the business.

KT Oslin could belt em out too. Underrated imo. She passed away recently I believe.

This post just shows how little you know about country music fans and Democrats/liberals. Even country bars.

You need to get out of the backwoods of Louisiana some. There is a big world out there that, apparently, would shock you.
Doubt you’ve ever been in a good country bar. Bouncers wouldn’t let you through the door. The “faux country” bars would probably let you in, though.

Thankfully, there were also many who still remember and know what Garth Brooks has stood for and sung about over many years.

Another quote from social media posts about this:

“(Laugh out loud) at people upset that Garth Brooks won’t join in their anti-LGBTQ Bud Light boycott clearly don’t remember him singing that we shall be free ‘when we are free to love anyone we choose’ 31 years ago, another person wrote. “And then performing it with rainbow stage lights a few years back.”

Yeah. He was a virtue-signaling twat long before the dipsy shits jumped on the woke bandwagon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT