ADVERTISEMENT

Free money!

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Each state has an unclaimed property fund. You can have money owed to you from your deposit for your residential electricity account, or an insurance company or a tax refund. Whatever. When the company can’t find you, they must deposit the funds with the state.

In my experience, the state doesn’t put much effort into finding people who are owed money. They have millions of dollars in these funds and I’d like to know how much interest they accrue each year.

Anyway, here’s a link. When you get a minute, search for yourself and see if you score. And just for kicks, if you find yourself or somebody in your family who is owed money, let us know.

https://apps.ok.gov/unclaimed/

Yep. $45 tax rebate from when I was 19.
Beer money!

I came up empty when I looked at the Oklahoma database. But we scored when I checked the Wyoming website. Then I started looking up some friends and found one of my buddies who had over $600 that was due to him. The state had held that money for over 30 years.

Reactions: tcpoke
Beer money!

I came up empty when I looked at the Oklahoma database. But we scored when I checked the Wyoming website. Then I started looking up some friends and found one of my buddies who had over $600 that was due to him. The state had held that money for over 30 years.
In 2012 I ended up with $800 from the late 80s.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
People say they got X amount; is the only way you find out when you get your monies?

People say they got X amount; is the only way you find out when you get your monies?

All I can tell you is that mine was in Texas. I entered my info into their search engine and they gave me about 1000 people with the same last name as me. All of those entries included that person's address, the source of the unclaimed money, and the amount being held.

In my case, it was my previous home address, $499 (and some change). The source was my prior homeowners insurance company.

Seems strange, because we kept the same insurance company for the new home, so they should have had my updated contact information to get the money back to me. But, I will take it.

Weird all I see is over 100 or under 100. Mine are over 100 and when I submit is no further info on amount.

Weird all I see is over 100 or under 100. Mine are over 100 and when I submit is no further info on amount.

Maybe it has to do with what the money is derived from. Mine is very specific. Tells me what the tax rebate is, and exactly how much it’s for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT